Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Take 0 - Satyanashing 11 [IO] (Page 131)

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dips99

Originally posted by Vistaa

Plus, she, Abhaji and Rajesh Jais were the best in catching the accents. Absolutely top notch!!

Exactly. One thing I absolutely disliked about EBP is how horribly they botch the Marathi accent. Apart from the FL's father, I doubt anyone else will get it right, and that to because he is a Marathi actor.

Dipsy, you our Marathi expert? Is Agnihotri a Maharshtrian name? I'd never have thought so! 

Visi: Got to catch you this weekend for more Newroom rehash - tom is a long day and I need my zzzs. 

Ladeej - control on the 2.0 forum. The rain hug redux is all about the pretenders and contenders, laugh but don't lose your cool! Hug

Rabba Ve... until later! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-hainHriju321soapsudsVistaaNewbiesoapfanPSharada

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

RV DocHug

@Bold: Bingo!! That is exactly what I thought too...he was being entirely too understanding and accomodating in the face of the rishta refusal by LMS's Dad. And that is just the beginning of it...anyone who can smile so beatifically all the time, has something up his sleevesSmile

Haww...no The Newsroom S3?ShockedCry I didn't know that...Ouch Knew that Sorkin shot three epi and then did a re-do from scratch...but this is too bad. I am so disappointed.

Exactly!! Syria parallel is frightening... And the other remarkable development is how all the characters of the show have gotten to tell their story...often at the expense of Will McAvoy...I kind of expected a little more coverage given to the loss of his father. At least one scene between him and Mac...

So glad that you are enjoying time with your parentsSmile 

Finally, caught you here Visi! 

Egg-jactly! Anyone so understanding and goody goody must be hiding something pretty darn ugly! I'm rooting for Sahib to be a fun villain - not an all-black monster! 

Unfortunately S3 seems to be up in the air. I too heard about the rewrite and re-shoot of the first few epis of S2. But Sorkin has the Jobs biography and the The Politician (on the sleazy John Edwards) on his plate and a renewal seems iffy. 

Truth be told - Will and Mac bore me. I really like Don and Sloan. Sloan and Will's big bro lil sis relationship is fun too . I'm not sure Sorkin does the morance well - Jim and Maggie annoy me too, but I do like Jim and Mac and Neel with everyone. the season 2 premise of the law suit as the fulcrum was a terrific idea. Only 3 more epis --- I'm very, very sad! CryCryCry

I am a very first impressions kind of person...and Will's first impression was mind-blowing...so I am kinda rooting for him and Mac. But you are right...Sorkin doesn't do romance right. Maggie used to annoy me no end until Sudan...after that I give her some leeway.

Neel is awesome. So is Sloan...ditto to your feelings about her sisterly love for Will. And can I just say, I love Charlie? And Jane Fonda as Leona? Big smile

Jim leaving the newsroom to go on Romney trip was just plain cowardice. Had he not left, Jerry wouldn't have darkened the door and  the SN wouldn't have happened. But then we would not have had S2LOL

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:14pm | IP Logged

Plus, she, Abhaji and Rajesh Jais were the best in catching the accents. Absolutely top notch!!

Exactly. One thing I absolutely disliked about EBP is how horribly they botch the Marathi accent. Apart from the FL's father, I doubt anyone else will get it right, and that to because he is a Marathi actor.

Dipsy, you our Marathi expert? Is Agnihotri a Maharshtrian name? I'd never have thought so! 

Visi: Got to catch you this weekend for more Newroom rehash - tom is a long day and I need my zzzs. 

Ladeej - control on the 2.0 forum. The rain hug redux is all about the pretenders and contenders, laugh but don't lose your cool! Hug

Rabba Ve... until later! 

@Bold: I thought they were Punjabis?Confused

Good night ladeezHug Looking forward to the weekend, Doc!

Motto for tomorrow: Keep Calm and Rabba Ve Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsudsNewbiesoapfan

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hain

Remember his easy acceptance of Bankelal ji and past relationships being just that, past relationships. He really was shown as a true liberal.

LOL Kiski yaad dila dee, Heinekenji aapne?

Hriju321soapsuds

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by savvy05

Returning back to regular programmingWink

Epi 43 - For someone who has no belief in the institution of marriage or the concept of life partner, Arnav has silent admiration for what his sister and BIL share - very evident during their vows renewal as well as family time today. How awesome was Buaji-Khushi banter in the kitchenLOL. Abbhaji was pure gold with cloth around her head, spectacles hanging from one end and going toe to toe with Khushi's sankiness!

Savs, you thought he was admiring what Anji and Shyam share? I thought he was more happy/content because his Di looked happy. Because everything in her life was exactly the way she wanted it. He had seen her loose everything once. He had promised to take care of her. That has been his aim since that moment. And at that moment, everything was just about perfect in his Di's world.
Visi, as you said, he may not believe in love and marriage, but his Di did. And he was just happy to see that she got what she wanted. 
The scene was so well shot. The whole family together, laughing and enjoying. And he is standing afar and watching the scene more like an outsider.

Read all the takes. I agree with Dips. Arnav was content that his Di was happy. He may/may not believe in marriage but his Di believes in it and he was happy to see her being happy with her husband. I think the creatives have laid a very good groundwork for the viewers to understand why Arnav forced Khushi into a contract marriage - it was because he wanted to do everything in his power to keep his Di's happy marriage bubble intact. So he hurt Khushi and gave pain to himself to protect Anjali and Shyam's world. The writing truly was beautiful.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Mandy.

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by savvy05

Originally posted by hain

From whatever I have read, the PH does family drama really well and have never done romance before. Combined with the interviews from Avinash that he was to play a happy easy going guy, the brief was later changed to angry young man and that the name was to be Astha and EBP was a last minute surprise, makes me believe that the satyanash in the show is SPs doing and the PH can't do anything but play along.
It also then makes sense that the copy paste scenes are coming from SP CVs and not PH CVs or the PH does not know anything about the said Khudaya so they are picking them one by one from the original as they go.

Aab aaya camelwa hilltop ke neeche,  now the interviews and being caught unawares about the name etc all makes senseConfused

Yes the name change and the brief change was all SP's doing. The PH can't do anything but follow the Boss's orders.
dips99 Goldie
dips99
dips99

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged

Won't claim to be an expert, but yeah, Agnihotri is definitely not a typical maharashtrian surname. But who knows????LOL

soapsudsNewbiesoapfan

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

Won't claim to be an expert, but yeah, Agnihotri is definitely not a typical maharashtrian surname. But who knows????LOL

I have family in Pune(far off cousin married to someone in pune) and they are Agnihotri. I think Pune based brahmins have this surname. Guessing because she married into a maharastrian brahmin family. And this show is based off Pune. The male lead's mother's accent comes across that to me. But I have been a southern based maharastrian so may not be able to tell the difference too much.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Newbiesoapfan

Go to top