Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: docgirl

Say what? they got it right then Heineken, if i picked that up in one watch. SP should just back off and let the PH do its thang! Bet that'll draw more TRPs than this cut and paste job. 

From whatever I have read, the PH does family drama really well and have never done romance before. Combined with the interviews from Avinash that he was to play a happy easy going guy, the brief was later changed to angry young man and that the name was to be Astha and EBP was a last minute surprise, makes me believe that the satyanash in the show is SPs doing and the PH can't do anything but play along.
It also then makes sense that the copy paste scenes are coming from SP CVs and not PH CVs or the PH does not know anything about the said Khudaya so they are picking them one by one from the original as they go.
dips99 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: savvy05

Returning back to regular programming๐Ÿ˜‰

Epi 43 - For someone who has no belief in the institution of marriage or the concept of life partner, Arnav has silent admiration for what his sister and BIL share - very evident during their vows renewal as well as family time today. How awesome was Buaji-Khushi banter in the kitchen๐Ÿ˜†. Abbhaji was pure gold with cloth around her head, spectacles hanging from one end and going toe to toe with Khushi's sankiness!

Savs, you thought he was admiring what Anji and Shyam share? I thought he was more happy/content because his Di looked happy. Because everything in her life was exactly the way she wanted it. He had seen her loose everything once. He had promised to take care of her. That has been his aim since that moment. And at that moment, everything was just about perfect in his Di's world.
Visi, as you said, he may not believe in love and marriage, but his Di did. And he was just happy to see that she got what she wanted. 
The scene was so well shot. The whole family together, laughing and enjoying. And he is standing afar and watching the scene more like an outsider.

savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hain

From whatever I have read, the PH does family drama really well and have never done romance before. Combined with the interviews from Avinash that he was to play a happy easy going guy, the brief was later changed to angry young man and that the name was to be Astha and EBP was a last minute surprise, makes me believe that the satyanash in the show is SPs doing and the PH can't do anything but play along.
It also then makes sense that the copy paste scenes are coming from SP CVs and not PH CVs or the PH does not know anything about the said Khudaya so they are picking them one by one from the original as they go.

Aab aaya camelwa hilltop ke neeche,  now the interviews and being caught unawares about the name etc all makes sense๐Ÿ˜•
docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Thanks for the background info - seems like SP is intent on shooting itslef in the foot. Just leave everyone be instead of saddling them with this onerous legacy! 
dips99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vistaa

Episode 42 & 43:

Amma Babuji make a powerful appearance (prob Tuhina Vohra's last few scenes before she was replaced by Pyumori Mehta๐Ÿ˜ญ). to start the mortgaged shop storyline.

Visi, apart from changing the face, I thought even the character underwent some change. I liked this Garima. She came across as a more strong willed character, who was more tuned to her girls. Today wasn't the first time she commented on Buaji's obbession with Shyam babua.
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: docgirl

Rabba Ve all ๐Ÿค— . I hear it was a mirthful day for the satyanashers,,,,,,,,,,, 

Can I just say - please don't be apoplectic about rain hug redux! Ai yai yai ladkis - ab main kaisay samjhaoon? This is a rip-off, a cut and paste job --- of the iconic morantic scenes. Dupatta stuck in car door, rain hug, guesthouse fight --- be ready for Diwali Diyas and Fairy lights. The EK Baar Phir is replaying that with a new couple. What's new is the context - the Marathi family, the backstory. From yesterday's epi I got the impression that the backstory is waiting to erupt. Baba Sahib will be sabsay bada villain, aayi anjali a mere pawn! That sounds way more interesting that the copy and paste. As for that - Ki farak painda?  Our memories are protected - kisi ki maajal jo unhey bhrashth karein? ๐Ÿ˜†

Visi, hoping to catch you here. Been waiting to talk about The Newsroom. I'm loving S2 and apparently Sorkin does not have the bandwidth for S3 even though HBO wants to renew. That makes me sad ---- very sad! How prophetic is the Sarin gas story given whats happening in Syria. 

RV Doc๐Ÿค—

@Bold: Bingo!! That is exactly what I thought too...he was being entirely too understanding and accomodating in the face of the rishta refusal by LMS's Dad. And that is just the beginning of it...anyone who can smile so beatifically all the time, has something up his sleeves๐Ÿ˜Š

Haww...no The Newsroom S3?๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ญ I didn't know that... Knew that Sorkin shot three epi and then did a re-do from scratch...but this is too bad. I am so disappointed.

Exactly!! Syria parallel is frightening... And the other remarkable development is how all the characters of the show have gotten to tell their story...often at the expense of Will McAvoy...I kind of expected a little more coverage given to the loss of his father. At least one scene between him and Mac...

So glad that you are enjoying time with your parents๐Ÿ˜Š 

-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
All bitiyas in IPK SKD - tomorrow will be a bherry hard day. Brace yourselves ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

EBP will be airing rain hug ka photocopy - and I'm asking everyone...please to NOT go apoplectic in the main forum and start comparing Patriot missile and pichkari

Save the ire for the CC - where you can satyanash to your heart's content. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by -Jamba- - 10 years ago
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Aha!! 

Now making sense out of what was so far complete naan-sense ๐Ÿ˜•
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: dips99

Visi, apart from changing the face, I thought even the character underwent some change. I liked this Garima. She came across as a more strong willed character, who was more tuned to her girls. Today wasn't the first time she commented on Buaji's obbession with Shyam babua.

Hola Dipsy,

That's just it...Tuhina played Garima just as it should have been played...she was definitely a strong character...her strength was evident from the first epi iteslf, in the way Shashi Babua addressed her. Just look at her backstory...being the second wife, her affair with Malik Sr., her bringing her niece  Khushi into her marriage and raising her as a daughter...

I am sorry to say, Pyumori just didn't play her right.

Plus, she, Abhaji and Rajesh Jais were the best in catching the accents. Absolutely top notch!!

dips99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Jamba-

All bitiyas in IPK SKD - tomorrow will be a bherry hard day. Brace yourselves ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

EBP will be airing rain hug ka photocopy - and I'm asking everyone...please to NOT go apoplectic in the main forum and start comparing

Save the ire for the CC - where you can satyanash to your heart's content. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Of course J. Do we start the party early???? Whoever gets the link, can they please post it in here. More than the "passionate" hug between M-:@ and M-O, I am looking forward to everyone takes on it.  If pre-cap caused so much frenzy. Wonder what the actual episode would do????๐Ÿ˜‰