Debate Mansion

E-Flings = Cheating ?? (Page 7)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peridot.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I don't get the bit about being paranoid.
I meant the hype and fear about all these e- flirting and e-flings.
Unless there is a chance of it getting real instead of remaining confined to the virtual world would it matter?

From your definition of flings I still dont get how virtual flings can be feasible. I know that technology has made huge advances but e- physical intimacy is beyond me Confused Do we also have e- babies and e-divorces and e-cremation? I must sound like a dodoOuch

Virtual society is as real as the society we live in. Sociologists have shown that virtual societies evolve into their own civilizations with norms and hierarchies just like real society. Majority people do draw lines perceiving the virtual world to be somewhat fictitious. However, sociologically speaking virtual ties are like any other social ties. As long as a person perceives it to be real, it is real.

Just like real relationships become virtual when people move to different places. Virtual relationships can be very real should be the people choose to. I actually worked with a married couple who actually met each other on World of Warcraft.

Have you heard of phone sex lines? You call in and the operators talk you through sex acts and fantasies. It is a similar concept, but using emails, PMs and IM instead of the phone. Sounds weird to people who need real physical intimacy. But it isn€™t really farfetched. Meeting, dating, spending time together is actually a radically new concept.

Go back to the Victorian era. A lot of men and women just heard about eligible singles from family and friends. It was often not feasible to date someone across the country. So men and women would write letters of courtship to each other. Full blown romances as well as close friendships were carried just through writing letters. Some courting men and women may not meet each other for years. World war era also saw a lot of young teenage boys being conscripted. Many of them wrote letters home and carried on relationships with their sweethearts just through letters. While they had actually met these sweethearts before conscription, the relationship didn€™t blossom until they had been exchanging correspondence for some time. There was no phone calls or web cams in these examples either.

So developing a relationship using just words and sentences may seem bizarre to many of us, human sociology is completely capable of doing so.

They can't virtually procreate, but there are e-divorces and when a person gets banned or chooses to disappear - it is an e-death of sorts. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.MasterDisasterDiva-In-Armor.MissAmerica.

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
If you're at a point that you're questioning it, you most probably shouldn't be doing it. Different people have different yardsticks for measuring things so no one here can definitely say it is or it isn't. My advice: use your judgment. 

Edited by Rapier - 22 August 2013 at 2:47pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Diva-In-Armormoomin4455

Diva-In-Armor Goldie

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.MissAmerica.No2PencilI_M_SultaN

McNinja IF-Rockerz
McNinja
McNinja

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Would an e-fling result in e-bling? No thanks. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Killbill23Diva-In-ArmorBirdieNumNumNo2Pencilmoomin4455charminggenie

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

Would an e-fling result in e-bling? No thanks. 

E-fling with e-bling = sexy scam emailing. 

Get all the bling you can buy with millions of a defunct currency in a dictatorship of your choice AND get your flirt on. Sorted. LOL

Diva-In-ArmorMcNinja

.MissAmerica. IF-Dazzler
.MissAmerica.
.MissAmerica.

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 4:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CestMoi

Originally posted by -Naiina-

I think many things are considered to say whether a person is having e-affair or not.Like most of the time if its just flirting...I think its normal..
But if someone is married/in a relationship but is spending more time with someone online more than their partner near him/her,and needs to hide it from their partner then it is cheating...

But sometimes its like someone make online relationships for emotional support but there is not sexual then I don't think it could be affair...
Also I think there can be e-feelings,e-crushes,e-affairs...but can't be e-love as love takes a lot more than a virtual identity and couple of private messages.
Also,for e-affair,how would u know u are having an e-affair???If someone mutually agree that they both have e-feeling for each other and will always be e-together...

e-flirting cant be e-love as u would never know the other person is really flirting...or joking..or if that how someone's personality is.
Also I do feel that mostly teenagers have e-crushes especially on FB...And I think on I-F its mostly like u cant stop admiring some people's thoughts,or wittiness,intelligence etc which are one of few things people get attract to so there's e-attraction.

@Blue: That's a very good point of yours. I have seen few married men flirt on the forum while their partners might be sitting next to them, it's quite disturbing to even think about it. What I don't understand is why spend all that time and energy flirting
online with few XYZ when he or she can spend it on their respective half. It confuses me at times to see someone act in a similar manner Ermm 
OMG...Yes its disturbing and wrong as well ...socho how much the better half believe that person...sitting next to him still those men can flirt effortlessly..Ouch..I truly can't understand if someone prefers any virtual id over a their closed ones to spend time with...
@Green: Tell me you haven't come across someone so silly and foolish "always be e-together" LOLLOL
Umm..If I say I haven't then its wrong.Don't know about mutual e-together,but one-sided togetherness I have come across.Wink
@Pink: I agree with you there. On IF people's virtual personality can definitely be impressive from their writing style to their thoughts to multiple other reasons. And I am sure one can get attracted to someone's virtual persona, but as long as people know it's a virtual web, it should be cool. I mean who knows it can be some 60 yr old sitting behind the computer LOL

Vahi toh...I think virtual world or means are too small to understand a person..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Diva-In-Armor

BirdieNumNum Goldie
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 7:35am | IP Logged

e-fling? Well, that would be e-cheating, wouldn't it? How's that different from cheating you ask? Simple. Instead of sitting in a garden of eden eating ripe apples and taking in your daily dose of vitamin Cs, you're sitting across a screen consuming bits and bytes of delicious data. But yeah, either way, you are taking in nutrients. Good stuff all of itLOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 29 August 2013 at 10:26am
enigmatic_zephy IF-Sizzlerz
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
How does it matter?
I still don't get it...

Healthy flirting is all good..even inr eal life with real people with faces and traceable identities..to yahan kya..

And i think now a days..since our social circle are so limited ( if your are working day in day out 15-16 hrs a daya nd go back to the same old family...and obviously have this real close circle of same old frns..)..there are times you want to surprise yourself..or generally seek variety..that's what this is..

Now ofcourse, if someone takes their shirt/skirt off in front of the webcam while chatting with a virtual id..to phir to is dumbness ko kya naam doon..LOL

BirdieNumNumChameli_billi

Go to top