Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

yeah, having an e-fling is bad, really bad. It's like having physical sex with just an immaculate twist to it, no?๐Ÿ˜› Cheating, all cheating, no difference, right?๐Ÿ˜†

Looks like the sarcasm in your reply gave out your take on E-Fling ๐Ÿ˜‰
So please can you give us more details about your E-Fling now that it's out in open ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CestMoi

As for online fling, let's choose a concrete example: Someone who is married, but has a full fledged affair with someone online, from chatting away in the most intimate manner for months while the husband or wife has no clue of it whatsoever. Would you call this cheating or intolerable or something that is limited to online.

CM,if you don't mind,i will like to give my view on this...

If someone is married & have any sort of affair whether it's full fledged or for particular time period is wrong in my opinion.

At times even close friends can be involved in chatting in intimate way,but it's obviously depend on comfort level they share & on their mutual understanding,that it's just for fun or for teasing or for pulling each other's leg.

Still they should not keep their spouse or partner in dark about this. Never do anything which will break trust of your partner. If it's broken once,things will never be same like it used to be ever again,doesn't matter if they forgive you. 

And,as RTH mentioned in her post few pages back,if one need to hide their act from his/her partner or spouse,then it's definitely cheating. 

If Someone who is married gets seriously involved with someone in affair online,then it's definitely wrong,there can't be any excuse for that. These sort of people doesn't deserve to be in relationship with anyone. 

At the end of the day,It's important to know where to draw line. 

What exactly is the difference between e- flirting, e-fling, e-affair, and a full fledged e -affair? What kicks do people derive out of it? Is it even possible to feel infatuated with a virtual Id you have no means to be sure of?๐Ÿ˜•  Isnt it being paranoid?
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Any fling, e or otherwise outside of an existing relationship is called infidelity. Cheating. Simple as that. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CestMoi

Looks like the sarcasm in your reply gave out your take on E-Fling ๐Ÿ˜‰
So please can you give us more details about your E-Fling now that it's out in open ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

haha i am a fighter for lost causes. When it comes to e-flings, i am just a doodh-peeta baccha. Alright, maybe growing up fast๐Ÿ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: peridot.

What exactly is the difference between e- flirting, e-fling, e-affair, and a full fledged e -affair?

Flirting โ‚ฌ" light hearted chatter between two people who are attracted to/like each other. Usually it is friendly and fun, involving complimenting and teasing. Doesnโ‚ฌโ„ขt have to or doesnโ‚ฌโ„ขt always lead to something more. But if one or both people are really into each other, the flirting gets more serious and indicates an interest for more be it sex or relationship.

Fling โ‚ฌ" A short term, no strings attached relationship, usually involving some sort of physical/sexual intimacy. It isnโ‚ฌโ„ขt expected to last and people quickly part their own ways.

Affair โ‚ฌ" A long term relationship other than your actual long term relationship, usually involving physical/sexual and or emotional intimacy as well. It lasts longer, can strain relationships and put doubts on existing commitments.

When such things take place online it becomes e-whatever.

What kicks do people derive out of it? Is it even possible to feel infatuated with a virtual Id you have no means to be sure of?๐Ÿ˜•  Isnt it being paranoid?

Can't speak for others, but I flirt with many of my friends online - just because. Its just fun and timepass. Maybe because I'm usually introverted, online gives me a channel to let loose a bit.

I've had crushes on virtual Ids. But it isn't a crush on the person, but more on the persona they have online. It doesn't mean anything. You realize you don't know them.

I don't get the bit about being paranoid.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I don't get the bit about being paranoid.

I meant the hype and fear about all these e- flirting and e-flings.
Unless there is a chance of it getting real instead of remaining confined to the virtual world would it matter?

From your definition of flings I still dont get how virtual flings can be feasible. I know that technology has made huge advances but e- physical intimacy is beyond me ๐Ÿ˜• Do we also have e- babies and e-divorces and e-cremation? I must sound like a dodo
.MissAmerica. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think many things are considered to say whether a person is having e-affair or not.Like most of the time if its just flirting...I think its normal..
But if someone is married/in a relationship but is spending more time with someone online more than their partner near him/her,and needs to hide it from their partner then it is cheating...
But sometimes its like someone make online relationships for emotional support but there is not sexual then I don't think it could be affair...
Also I think there can be e-feelings,e-crushes,e-affairs...but can't be e-love as love takes a lot more than a virtual identity and couple of private messages.
Also,for e-affair,how would u know u are having an e-affair???If someone mutually agree that they both have e-feeling for each other and will always be e-together...
e-flirting cant be e-love as u would never know the other person is really flirting...or joking..or if that how someone's personality is.
Also I do feel that mostly teenagers have e-crushes especially on FB...And I think on I-F its mostly like u cant stop admiring some people's thoughts,or wittiness,intelligence etc which are one of few things people get attract to so there's e-attraction.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I meant the hype and fear about all these e- flirting and e-flings.
Unless there is a chance of it getting real instead of remaining confined to the virtual world would it matter?

From your definition of flings I still dont get how virtual flings can be feasible. I know that technology has made huge advances but e- physical intimacy is beyond me ๐Ÿ˜• Do we also have e- babies and e-divorces and e-cremation? I must sound like a dodo

Virtual society is as real as the society we live in. Sociologists have shown that virtual societies evolve into their own civilizations with norms and hierarchies just like real society. Majority people do draw lines perceiving the virtual world to be somewhat fictitious. However, sociologically speaking virtual ties are like any other social ties. As long as a person perceives it to be real, it is real.

Just like real relationships become virtual when people move to different places. Virtual relationships can be very real should be the people choose to. I actually worked with a married couple who actually met each other on World of Warcraft.

Have you heard of phone sex lines? You call in and the operators talk you through sex acts and fantasies. It is a similar concept, but using emails, PMs and IM instead of the phone. Sounds weird to people who need real physical intimacy. But it isnโ‚ฌโ„ขt really farfetched. Meeting, dating, spending time together is actually a radically new concept.

Go back to the Victorian era. A lot of men and women just heard about eligible singles from family and friends. It was often not feasible to date someone across the country. So men and women would write letters of courtship to each other. Full blown romances as well as close friendships were carried just through writing letters. Some courting men and women may not meet each other for years. World war era also saw a lot of young teenage boys being conscripted. Many of them wrote letters home and carried on relationships with their sweethearts just through letters. While they had actually met these sweethearts before conscription, the relationship didnโ‚ฌโ„ขt blossom until they had been exchanging correspondence for some time. There was no phone calls or web cams in these examples either.

So developing a relationship using just words and sentences may seem bizarre to many of us, human sociology is completely capable of doing so.

They can't virtually procreate, but there are e-divorces and when a person gets banned or chooses to disappear - it is an e-death of sorts. ๐Ÿ˜†
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If you're at a point that you're questioning it, you most probably shouldn't be doing it. Different people have different yardsticks for measuring things so no one here can definitely say it is or it isn't. My advice: use your judgment.  Edited by Rapier - 10 years ago