E-Flings = Cheating ??

Posted: 10 years ago
Hello folks, new member here and my first topic. This forum looks like an old cemetery, all quiet with no ruckus, so thought of making it more spookier 😆

Jokes, anyways not sure if this has been discussed, but here goes.

What is your take on E-Flings especially when one is involved in a relationship out in the real world. Do you think it is cheating on one's partner with a virtual identity. And where would you draw the line in terms of feelings, involvement and time.

I shall input my thoughts as we go along. So please discuss away, I would love to hear what is your take on E-Flings and if you would call it cheating considering one isn't single.

Edited by CestMoi - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Hey, Mulan! Welcome to the section. :) First things first, who do you have these e-feelings for? 😆

Just kidding! If you wouldn't do it in person, don't do it online. There are real people behind these virtual IDs, and it does not take very long to bring the virtual world out into the real world. Also, there is a very gray area between harmless flirting and flings/cheating. If you wouldn't be okay with your partner doing it, don't do it yourself either. 

Last thing - whatever you do, DON'T do it on a forum like this. There are plenty of online dating sites that are far more secure (well, maybe). But either way, be careful. 
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Hey, Mulan! Welcome to the section. :) First things first, who do you have these e-feelings for? 😆

Just kidding! If you wouldn't do it in person, don't do it online. There are real people behind these virtual IDs, and it does not take very long to bring the virtual world out into the real world. Also, there is a very gray area between harmless flirting and flings/cheating. If you wouldn't be okay with your partner doing it, don't do it yourself either. 

Last thing - whatever you do, DON'T do it on a forum like this. There are plenty of online dating sites that are far more secure (well, maybe). But either way, be careful. 

Well, since you are the first one to comment, I say I have e-feelings for you 😆😆

On a serious note, this site is filled with people going all out and getting involved. What can I say, I keep my ears open and hear all sorts of gossips ðŸ˜‰

And I agree with you there, harmless flirting with no strings attached seems considerably healthy especially if one is single ready to mingle, but would you call it cheating if you have a partner out there in the real world waiting with a bouquet of flowers in his or her hand ??

maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
CestMoi, Definitely it is cheating when someone with partner does E-flings. There is no harmless and harmful flings as flings are definitely flings both for men and women. How the person behind the E-identity feels does the casual fling person care? When a person goes for fling, it has to be with another person. If the E-partner finds the flinging person has cheated, how he/she would react if he/she believed he/she is getting genuine love? Who is the source of anyone's love is not something we can control. When any person is loving to himself/herself, he/she would behave maturely and wouldn't go for casual flings. And if the person who feels cheated takes recourse to drinking or any other drastic steps, who is responsible? In this World, love is at premium and there are persons online who had been ridiculed by parents and siblings and they believe they get love from the E-boyfriend/E-girlfriend, how would that person feel once he learns the person who E-loved him/her has really cheated him/her? Playing with another person has to be avoided always as it can have dangerous consequences.

What I learn is whenever I am having interaction with someone else, I have to practice being more caring, compassionate, gentle, tender and understanding to myself and the other person also. We all know how much the rejection from boyfriend/girlfriend hurts when one of them for no fault of the other ends the relationship with the other person.
Edited by maha2us - 10 years ago
nishu786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice topic...

I agree with WA,one should know the fine line between harmless flirting & flings.

Every relationship is based on trust. If anyone is in serious relationship in real world,they shouldn't be involved in flirting in virtual world. It's same as cheating on your partner in real world. 

I will like to add,if anyone believes in harmless flirting,still they should not keep their partner in dark about it. Never leave space for misunderstanding in the first place. 

If you love someone,then never even think of doing anything which will upset them or complicate things.

What's even worse is that some people take these flirtation beyond the virtual world. That can be really scary.

Finally,One should never forget about one word "Integrity"- *doing right thing even when no one is watching*.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: CestMoi

Well, since you are the first one to comment, I say I have e-feelings for you 😆😆

On a serious note, this site is filled with people going all out and getting involved. What can I say, I keep my ears open and hear all sorts of gossips ðŸ˜‰

And I agree with you there, harmless flirting with no strings attached seems considerably healthy especially if one is single ready to mingle, but would you call it cheating if you have a partner out there in the real world waiting with a bouquet of flowers in his or her hand ??

What is wrong with all the girls on this forum? There are plenty of men around here as well! 😆

Hearing all sorts of gossip? You sure haven't been around the forum long enough for that, now have you, new member? 😆

Back to the topic - yes, I would call it cheating. But only because if I caught him doing the same, I'd dump his sorry ass! Generally speaking, my thing is- if you have to ask, the answer is probably no.
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

What is wrong with all the girls on this forum? There are plenty of men around here as well! 😆

Hearing all sorts of gossip? You sure haven't been around the forum long enough for that, now have you, new member? 😆

Back to the topic - yes, I would call it cheating. But only because if I caught him doing the same, I'd dump his sorry ass! Generally speaking, my thing is- if you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

Well who knows, I could be a dude donning Mulan's avatar ;) Or if I am a dudette, who knows you could be a dude donning Preita Zinta. So you see, on virtual world, what gender, so why loose a chance to hit on anyone possible 😉😆

New member on DM, but I have been around since last year and it doesn't take long to hear all sorts of gossips, all you need are your clean ears (make sure to oil them twice a week) and you can hear all sorts of juice 😆😆

And I agree with you, what we can't tolerate our partner doing in the real or virtual world, we shouldn't be doing that either.
But then again I have seen many indulge in open flirting on the forum even after being in a relationship. So where would you draw a line ? What would you do or say if someone tries to flirt with you if you are occupied with someone in real ? And if someone married tried to flirt you considering you're single, does it depend on you to shoo him away or does the burden lie on his shoulder ? And if you do indulge in flirting with him, again where do you draw the line ?

Edit: Typo
Originally posted by: .Dr3viL.

@ the TM .. Have you heard about RTH and Woh too?? 😆

Anyway I think a relationship is time and feelings .. And it's like the experienced e-love guru woh said it doesn't take much effort in derailing from online to take it offline as well.. and to get emotionally involved with someone. But to answer your question it would be cheating to flirt and play around online..

SO STOP HURTiNG MY FeeLINGS! 😡

LOL, Who hasn't heard about their passionate E-affair especially the silent stalkers of this forum 😆  Let's see if one of them spills the beans here.

Dude, that went over my head, how am I hurting your feelings, come again 😆
You call yourself evil, but look at that, your heart is like a candle, ready to melt any second 😆😆

enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
I say how about first hand experience... I am ready to offer you my flirting services CM.. ðŸ˜†

Ok on a serious note...here, you talk..and talk...and create this imaginary sense / personality of someone with whom you talk..

How is that even cheating..?!

And anyway, nothing beats actual physical presence in case of humans..

So if you are in a relationship, and if you are happy...at max you would engage in e-flirting..which is cool..and you wouldn;t be here 24 hrs a day..

If you get way too personal with someone..to reach a stage where you end up questioning your feelings about a virtual ID..and lets say you are in a relationship..then its pretty obvious..you are not happy in the real wrld relationship...so wake up call, the real life relationship is anyway not worth it...

And then ofcourse the third possibility...maybe you were born to inspire Kjo.. of this new age romance saga...mile chat kiya, aur pyaar ho gaya..lol ( You have got mail!)

And lastly... these internet romances more often than not are two desperate lonely people..who are so deluded to not recognize that they freaking know nothing about the other person..he/she very well be fabricating a whole fake world...so again not cheating and its fine..because desperate, lonely, dleuded people are good at finding things to mess up their life with and hence 7 samundar paar ka romance is well lesser of all evils..

hit_homerun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: CestMoi

What is your take on E-Flings especially when one is involved in a relationship out in the real world. Do you think it is cheating on one's partner with a virtual identity. And where would you draw the line in terms of feelings, involvement and time.

I shall input my thoughts as we go along. So please discuss away, I would love to hear what is your take on E-Flings and if you would call it cheating considering one isn't single.

And what good is the partner , if he/she can't keep the other busy enough from flirting online ? ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜†