Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar 42: Spice-crossed! (Page 5)

awsome.moments Senior Member
awsome.moments
awsome.moments

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Hi shyamala. 

A new member to this forum, I am bewitched by this political saga and for once appreciate that Ekta is trying to give us something far removed from her comfort zone. I mean, the angst between the main leads before the love blossoms is so cliche. But what hooks me on, is the strong political undertones in a period where traditionality and following the well trodden path was equivalent to one's mazhab and novelty was something to be abhorred. Here, We have an emperor who for the first time in the mughal history thinks out of the box and tries to win wars with brains rather brawn. What he does is by no means noble, which is quite evident by the smooth way he bestows the honor if 5000 tks on bharmal. He, with one swift move not only solves the issues he faces in Rajasthan but at the same time extracts a far greater price from this king bharmal than he ever could have, had he just conquered his land by force. Really, his shrewed mind is something to be applauded even as we are left somewhat doubting the existence of his heart. He is smart and totally devilish which is what till now, attracts us the most to him. 

And then we have his oh so on the surface of it, innocent wife. Never could he have imagined, when he actually married her, that conquering her and forcing her to bow down to him would provide to be so much of a challenge. But the again, had she been that easy, he never would have married her.

Our Jodha sees what he does and understands him much more clearly and probably better than mahamanga or ruqaiya ever could. I think that she admires and fearshis shrewed mind in equal parts even as the crassity and the brutality of it all, horrifies her.  While her family is gaga over their new jamaisa and think it their honour and duty to do as told, she very rightly understands how smoothly her family and her amer has been manipulated by this empire. It will be her challenge and her life's work to change this person and force him to do right by her land and it is no easy task. That said, only she has that power to do so. 

I understand your vexation in the cliched form this drama has taken when we were expecting so much more..  But I differ in your source of the said vexation. You see, while you blame Jodha and her reactions for the same, I would rather blame the Shehenshah. For how cool would it be if this shehenshah and his strong mind would quickly understand and accept jodhas word.. I cannot percieve Why  jodha would lie when she knows he holds all the cards and he shouldnt either?? In fact, had he immedietely understood and launched a full on investigation as to the source of this mirchi business and scared the shit out of maham, i would be on tenterhooks of myseat and applauding his strong mind grinning ear to ear. It would change thedynamicsof their relationship too, causing jodha to see him as a clear minded individual and jalaal, rather than the jallad she percieves him to be. It vexed me that he didn't show any of the qualities he possesses while analysing this particular situation. In fact he fell a little in my estimation, while jodha rose. 

I dont blame jodha for her response and her quick words "your threats  dont scare me. In fact, quite the opposite. I am willing to die for my honour and i will not fall down to your level by justifying what you think i have done, because i am not at fault.'" A shrewder person would spot the truth of her words immedietely  because he would understand that for Jodha honour is everything and she would rather spit in his face and admit to the chilli incident (had she truly been responsible for the same) than lie because she is not scraed of him. His response, "so you are not afraid of death, but you are afraid of hurting your family" actually justifies what Jodha said, because she would never put chilli in his food as that would efectively dishonour her family and to her, that would be worse than death.

How this drama unfolds and what jodha does to change him and his lifestyle is something I would love to see if executed properly. The battle between them would be a treat to watch. Will jodha be able to save Amer from the devilish clutches of this emporor and if so how will she do it?? Will the king be able to change his princess into his way of life.?? Who wins this battle of wits and will is yet to unfold. But as of today.., like you, I am sorely disappointed. 

Shalmali 

Edited by shal1983 - 15 August 2013 at 3:21am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gincosashashyam....Poojie....riyya6

ApurvaLovesARVI Goldie
ApurvaLovesARVI
ApurvaLovesARVI

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged
I loved your analysis to the core...
And also loved the Jalal-Jodha-Maina scene when Jalal was embrassing her with Rivaaz, she palyed her ace and remarked his Jooti. Very right! He must have wondered why his khaas Begums are after his pyaari Jootis.

Jooti nahi to Dil, Dimaag aur Sar!LOLPoora Jalal kisi ko nahi aacha lagta?

Then everything was amazing till Chilli-milli
Rajat's expression were fab in the chilli scene

And I mentally want to smack Jodha, how stupid! just went on saying "Hume aapse bhay nahi hai" Can't she just answer back "Humne aisa nahi kiya" and giva a Dhansu retort on "She is not the one to play cheap Mirchi tricks"

But I think she said ''Hume aapse Bhay nahi hai" as she hadn't mixed mirchi.She also said "Humne khaane me itni mirch nahii Daali" 'Itna mirch-masale wala khaana humne nahi banaya" and Jalal's expression were like, He a bit beleived her.

Why should't the Kings and Emprors be aware that in Palaces always Saazishe and Sharyantr takes place, and if something odd Happens It's some Sharyantri's Work.Confused

Somewhere I am sure Jalal wouldn't do anything infront of Jodha's parents, he will deal with her when they leave. Or Jodha will request not to tell anything and Jalal would give her a "Shehen Shah ko Nahlayo" Duty for one day.Flood aa jayegi Forum me.

He will try to Demean her by Chess-competition, as he believes Ruquiya is chess champion but he hasn't seen Jodha yet~!Wink

Abhi Pata chal jayega kaun khiladi hai
I want to see the look on Ruquiya's face after losing from the new Khaas Begum!

p.s. JA can wait, or go to HELL! You should take care of your health, JA is not important than your Health.

Edited by ApurvaLovesARVI - 15 August 2013 at 3:40am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gincodoyelpakhisashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Dear Shalmali,

It is  good to have you here, and I hope you will be commenting regularly in the future.  I found your comments here very interesting, especially the political part, though I  do not see how and why Jalal was devilish. He is astute and wily, that is all. So were all the emperors  of India, beginning  from Chandragupta Maurya, and elsewhere as well; it  was dangerous to get in their way. Nobility  has never had much to do with the needs of an empire, not even under Marcus Aurelius.

I agree with much of your opening para, but not the key part,  of what Jalal  gained from giving Bharmal the Mansubedari. You overestimate it by far, for you have to factor in  that getting Amer on his side does not solve the problem of Rajputana for Jalal, far from it.

Amer is a minor kingdom,   as Mahaam Anga points out, and as Dadisa notes, it is surrounded by bigger, more powerful kingdoms who covet it and might have conquered it at any time. These kingdoms have not as yet been coopted by Agra, not to speak of the ferociously independent Mewar of Maharana Udai Singh and his successor, Maharana Pratap.

So Jalal does not gain very much from the alliance with Amer, except for starting off a trend, both of the roti-beti ka rishta with the Mughals, which was soon extended to Jodhpur, Jaipur and many others, both for Akbar and for Salim, and of the politico-military alliance with the Mughals which made the Rajputs fight Akbar's battles for him in the farflung corners of the empire.

In fact, Amer's biggest contribution to the Mughal Empire was Mansingh, who was  a pillar of strength and loyalty for Akbar right till the end.

Nor does Amer lose anything except some nominal independence, and as the Dadisa points out, that might have been lost at any time to one of its predatory Rajput neighbours.Now  Amer is safe from all of them, and Bharmal can sleep in peace.

In fact it is Jalal who should be concerned, for when he sends Bharmal or his sons into battle against other Rajputs, the odds are that they will all be taken hostage again, only this time it is Jalal who will have to pay their ransom or go to war to liberate them!Wink I never saw such a bunch of deadbeats as the Amer royals, whence the Thought for the Day in my post..

Again, when you say that Jalal had extracted a much higher price frombharmal than he would have had he just conquered his land by force, you have to take into account that if Sharifuddin or Adham Khan had been left to wage a mukammal jung against Amer, there would not have been much left of Amer to salvage. So the kind of security Bharmal gained, from the Mughals as well as from his covetous Rajput neighbours, was not to be sneezed at!

Jalal pays an high price for the Amer alliance as it is an icebreaker with the Rajputs, like the  first strawberries of the season, which are always expensive. Plus of course he wants Jodha. There was nothing underhand about it, and he kept his end of all his bargains all his life, and so did Jahangir. So in  a way it was win-win, or else it would never have lasted so long.

So there was no question of getting him to do right by her land, whether that means  just Amer or Rajputana as a whole. The fact that Jodha had no influence at all over Akbar's policy towards Rajputana is shown by the fact that when he took Chittor in 1568, after  a very  long and difficult  siege, he had every one of the defenders killed, to make an example of Chittor. This practice was quite common, including  all over Europe, right up to and including the Napoleonic wars of the early 19th century, The example seems to have worked, for Ranthambhore surrendered very quickly the same year, and it was only then that Akbar had finally tamed Rajputana.

As for the distribution of faults between Jodha and Jalal, one takes one's pick. In Gone with the Wind,   some readers sided with Scarlett, some with Rhett. It is the same here. I always preferred Rhett Butler, that is all!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by shal1983

Hi shyamala. 

A new member to this forum, I am bewitched by this political saga and for once appreciate that Ekta is atleast trying to give us something so far removed from her comfort zone. I mean, the angst between the main leads before the love blossoms is so cliche. But what hooks me on is the strong political undertones in a period where traditionally and following the well trodden path was to one's mazhab. We have an emperor who for the first time in the mughal history thinks out of the box and tries to win wars with brains rather bran. What he does is by no means noble which is quite evident by the smooth way he bestows the honor if 5000 tks on bharmal. He had with one swift move not only solved the issue he was facing in Rajasthan but also extracted a much higher price frombharmal than he would have had he just conquered his land by force. Really his shrewed mind is something to be applauded even as we are left somewhat doubting the existence of his heart. He is smart and totally devilish which what attracts us most to him. 

And then we have his oh so on the surface of it innocent wife. She sees what he does and understands it, probably better than mahamanga or ruqaiya ever could. While her family is gaga over their new jamaisa and think it their honour and duty to do as told, she very rightly understands how smoothly her family and her amer has been manipulated by this empire. It will be her challenge and her life's work to change things person and force him to do right by her land and it is no easy task. That said, only she has that power to do so. 

I understand your vexation in the cliches form this drama has taken when we were expecting so much more..  But I differ in your source of vex. I would rather blame the Sheheshah for the same. How cool would it be if his strong mind would quickly understand and accept jodhas word.. Why would jodha lie when she knowe he holds all the cards.?? It vexed me that he didn't show any of the qualities he possessed while analysing this particular situation. In fact he fell a little in my estimation while jodha rose. 

How this drama unfolds and what jodha does to change him and his lifestyle is something I would love to see if executed properly. The battle between them would be treat. Because it isn't lo've but the political connotations of this drama that hold's me. Will jodha be able to save Amer from the devilish clutches of this emporor and if so how will she do it?? Will the king be able to change his princess into his way of life.?? Who wins this battle of wits and will is yst to unfold. But as of today.., like you, I am sorely disappointed. 

Shalmali 

Edited by sashashyam - 15 August 2013 at 1:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

manzilmukul....Poojie....riyya6

shumna Senior Member
shumna
shumna

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Lovely analysis Mam. Hope your eyes get better soon. Won't want to miss a single analysis by you.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

Moner_Radio IF-Rockerz
Moner_Radio
Moner_Radio

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 5:51am | IP Logged
shyamala aunty :

lovely analysis of the episode. when jalal the jallad turned into jallal the generous, and actually started lying with a straight face in front of jodha's parentsLOL ..my eyes nearly popped out of my sockets, yes i thought that he would comply with his wife's request and behave nicely with her for the time being ( and that would have been enough for jodha too ), but never did i think that he would get so extra-generous and even flirty to some extent in front of his mother-in-law, so as to give her "proof " of what a "made for each other couple" they areLOL. that scene actually had me in splits.  

when jalal offered the mansabdari to raja bharmal, i half expected anyone from the rajput side to revolt against it, viewing it as an attempt to " buy their dignity " or something on those lines. thankfully no one did that, although i'm sure raja bharmal and his family will be in a dilemma over this issue, since this is something which they never expected, and we will be getting some Amer-wasi scenes on this.

and then the most time-tested chindi evil saas vs bechari bahu trick ..  what made me wonder here is that maham anga mixed the chilli in the food in presence of so many maids, they are neither blind, and not devoid of any common sense i hope. then why did none of them inform the shahensha of the offence done ? i understand maham anga's words is the law there and people are hell scared of her, but then the offence had been committed against the emperor himself isnt it ?

when jalal was eating that chilli-mixed food, for one moment i actually felt bad for him. anyone else in his place would have gone mad with that high degree of pungency and to think that he cant even cough or drink water or show any kind of discomfort even when he was sweating profusely. that's what made me mad with jodha when she went on repeating "hume aapse bhay nahi " .. like seriously ? which woman in her right mind would say that when the person to whom she serves food says that he found it unbearably pungent ? no wonder jalal got so outraged at that moment that he threatened to blow off the cover in front of her parents ..although i doubt whether he would really do that. plus, the precap indicates far more interesting incidents to come than this Chilly Folly.

waiting for tonight's episode eagerly.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

manzilmukulsashashyam

Jaisoif Goldie
Jaisoif
Jaisoif

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 6:05am | IP Logged
I totally conquer with this, Jodha's behavior today was disappointing, I mean we know she hates the guy but she should still be appreciative when he's trying so hard even though he doesn't have to, I hope one day she realizes that(of course she will eventually) thanks for the analysis.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

ginco Senior Member
ginco
ginco

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Shyamala Aunty,

Firstly i would like to inquire about your health and  wish that you get well soon ...
 as here we all have got addicted to your delightful posts ...

u r like a drug that keeps on infusing nasha (used the urdu word for more charm Wink) slowly  and slowly ...iam sure all of wait breathlessly for your post and then god does the convo start...after that ... u compel us to write and set the forum on fire ...Kudos to you...

I wanted to write  very long comment in response to your posts  but i have been banned from using the laptop for more than an hour daily  as my health is not showing much improvement... but i manage to steal some hours  though...Wink

One thing that even iam sad about is  , like you mentioned they should not pick up the scenes from the movie ...  n yes the scene in the movie was executed with much more elegance...
 and  jalal aka  Rhett ...has delivered a convincing performance and his track is more or less going at a steady pace ... i mean he gets to show his versatility but  being put across as a young , intelligent,shrewd king  but  Jo's track is which is causing all this confusion ...

If you look up this thread , everyone is not so convinced about Jo's take yesterday and  the rest are trying to make some convincing points in her favour ... I think either the CV's are very clever to have us glued to this soap using such screenplay and emotional portrayal of Jo or they  r just being dumb  by not sticking to jo's personality ...

This would ofcourse as u mentioned further  detroit  the saga ...kitchen politics and all  this illogical ladai  jagda can't go on for long ... and the Cv's are losing and opportunity to show the natural bonding start off between the leads  as if Jo would have risen to this occasion n helped Jalal  or shown some compassion  for him...jalal would have appreciated this and even developed a soft corner for her... but alas, it remains to be seen  as to how would Cv's plan to bring them together ...  for our(viewers) sake that has got to dealt with utmost care ... and freshness ... we r not here to watch  them serve stale stories for sure ...

For now iam happy to be in your company aunty and everybody else's on this thread as we have something worthwhile to discuss and  thanks for the politico- military  alliance info ... it was new  one for me .

Cheers
Kashi

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

manzilmukulsashashyamAutumn_Roseelasingh

doyelpakhi Goldie
doyelpakhi
doyelpakhi

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SonyaBlade

I'm having a really hard time understanding that when Jodha has done NOTHING wrong, how is it somehow that everyone manages to blame her still??? 

After all, its not as if he's going to die after eating extra spicy food. That's quite clear with the rant that he's able to produce...somehow his burnt throat didn't prevent him from yelling at her...

And I like this Jodha who is so not concerned about him. he's telling her that his throat is burnt and his face is on fire...and she just doesn't care. Personally I really like this...because I would find it unbelievable if she helps him one moment and then the next rages at how much she hates him. That would be a contradiction to me, this behavior of Jodha's is consistent at least with her acting aloof and distant from him.

Jodha has made some very stupid remarks - Mujhe apse bhai nehi!

How would anyone react if falsely accused ? The person will protest. She could have protested and said the dialogue which she said later without even mentioning that she has no fear of him.

It is okay if she did not show any concern. But repeating her ridiculous remark "mujhe aapse bhai nehi" was not required and definitely was bizarre. When she said it first, I could even not grasp WTH she is saying that instead of coming to main point.

Perhaps she heard only arrogant rants of the Emperor, and she did not hear that his tongue has burnt!

To put a spike on Shahenshah's ego she might have said that, but her reply would only affirm Jalal that she has done it deliberately.

Most importantly, it is a bit insensitive because her "bhai nehi" remark means that she can do anything but she would not do because of her parents... his problem doesn't mean anything to her.
Of course, it didn't mean anything to her and she doesn't have to be caring also, but projecting "I-don't-care-a-hoot" in such a in-your-face way when someone is in pain, is IMO a bit harsh.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 15 August 2013 at 10:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Moner_Radiosashashyam

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jodha Akbar Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index