Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar 42: Spice-crossed!

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Okay, folks, I am not losing the plot and repeating episode numbers. This is the real No. 42, and I had goofed up and skipped a number last night. And no, at my age, it was not the after effect of that hamaam scene!😉  Thanks a lot to Zoyafan and QuiNotti  who alerted me to it ever so discreetly. Who says GenX does not have beautiful, considerate manners?

I was in two minds today about posting anything, and only partly because my left eye has not yet quite made up its mind if it wants to stop imitating a tomato.

It was more because the episode left me feeling rather tired and also a bit sad about  the vagaries of human nature. Plus the terminally soapy device of pretending for the sake of the khushi or bhalayi of someone or the other, and lying thru one's teeth to that end,  is enough to  set my teeth on edge; every single saas bahu serial, without exception, has it. 

The truth is always the safer bet, and then it can be sugar-coated as desired, but the denizens of TV soapland are in love with untruth, and the more blatant the better. So is  Jodha now, apparently believing that the charade she has embarked upon can be kept up indefinitely. Let us get the score on this operation, beginning yesterday.

Jodha-Jalal: the score yesterday: Okay, so she wants that, and of course she needs Jalal's sustained cooperation to carry it thru. So she goes -  after some strong persuasion for the extremely practical Motibai, who has 10 times as much commonsense as her mistress -  to see Jalal. He agrees to oblige her and, after some coaching,  to lie thru his  perfect pearly whites for her sake.

She in turn, helps him bathe, most reltouctantly, it is true, but still she does it. If she had had any sense of humour, she would have dissolved in infectious laughter at her own plight,  and Ekta's serial would have been shortened by about 200 episodes! But our Jodha is not burdened with this attribute, so she does not appreciate her spouse's mischievous grins.

So far, they are quits.

Jodha-Jalal: the score today: Now for today's happenings. Jalal is extra welcoming and warm to Bharmal and Mynavati. He lays it on thick about Jodha to her mother. A hint of a grateful smile  is  visible on Jodha's face.It is, however,  immediately chased away by Jalal mentioning, with a straight face,  but an impish gleam in his eye, meant for Jodha,  that she had learnt a new rivaaz  from him,  at one try, the day before. Like Queen Victoria, Jodha is not amused!  Round 1 to Jalal.

To pay him back for that mischievous sally, Jodha scolds him for coming into the room with Lord Krishna's idol with his jootis on. Jalal must have wondered, at this point,  why all his khaas Begums seem to  be eternally after his beloved jootis!  His eyes, as he slowly raises them to Jodha's, look almost grim - for it is a very cheeky remark - but he makes a quick recover, and apologises, blaming his forgetfulness. Mynavati is amazed at the good humour of her javaisa,  and Jodha smiles in secret triumph. Round 2 to Jodha.

Not one to go down without a fight, Jalal now hints  very broadly  at perfect conjugal felicity between Jodha and himself, mentioning her having pulled him up about the jootis the night before too, and wondering about the wounds on her arm (from the broken bangles of  the night before last) which, he says, were not there the previous night.  Jodha turns pink with embarrassment at the implications of his remarks; and as Jalal  leaves, the two of them eye each other like Kilkenny cats, eager for the next sparring match.

Maybe the bangle bit was rather insensitive, but the rest of it is  a perfectly legit, no holds barred boxing bout, from which Jalal retires having won on points. This is not yet the self-destructive spousal hostility of Who is afraid of Virginia Woolf .

Alas, this is soon going to change, and change drastically, for the worse, after the Mahaam-induced fiasco of Begum Jodha's  lazeez khana.  

Pre-Chilli: Coming to that, I wondered why the Shahenshah eats in solitary state. Even if Bharmal cannot join because of the beti ke ghar paani bhi nahin peete rule (I was in fact looking to see whether Bharmal  had a water bottle, or the 16th century equivalent thereof, tucked away in his choga. But perhaps, since he is a son of the desert, he shares the ability of the ship of the desert to go on for days without the aforesaid paani!😉), what of Bhagwan Das and Mansingh?  Both of them are obviously exempt from the paani nahin peete fiat, since both have been both eating and drinking in the palace for weeks now.  If one or both of them had sat down to the meal with Jalal, Mahaam would never have pulled that stunt, as it would have been spotted  with the first mouthful either of them took.

Next, Jodha has at least 5  maids in attendance all the  time. Not one of them, not even Motibai,   has the notion of  being watchful and making sure their special khana was safe;  instead they all  sashay off in Jodha's wake.  Staff is the same everywhere and in every age, never where they should be!

Plus, this chilli stunt is as old as the hills and as boring; it is unworthy of the quality we have got used to in Jodha Akbar. And the explanations for Jalal eating it till he practically has smoke coming out of his ears  -imperial pride, wanting to keep his word to Jodha etc. - are all nonsense. He could have put an end to it after the first bite by jokingly asking Bharmal if they  preferred such red hot food to match the  fiery Rajput temperament, and the cat would have been out of the bag at once.  It is pathetic, this screenplay.

Post-Chilli:  Having skimmed thru the vigorous arguments in MoronskiMallika's thread,  for and against Jodha and for and against Jalal,  I feel that both of them are  OTT, Jalal furiously and Jodha mulishly.

But he is the one more sinned against than sinning. He has treated Bharmal and Mynavati with great courtesy and  consideration, he has been very kind to Mansingh (even if Jodha sees this as aimed at corrupting the young  man), and he has lied manfully  to please Jodha and keep her parents not just happy but in the seventh heaven of parental joy and satisfaction . Against all this, what are  few mischievous sallies  at Jodha's expense ? So, in the pre-chilli phase, she owes him  a good bit.

Why then  does Jodha assume that he is making up the chilli complaint? If she had taken even a single look at him while he was eating, she would have known that something was badly wrong. But  of course she does not. Even  without that, a look at him pouring all that water down his throat as she is coming into  the room should have alerted her.

Her response to his fierce question as to why she did it, that she has no bhay of him,  is bizarre.

When Hanuman returned from Lanka with Sita's token for Lord Rama, he announces, as soon  as he is in Rama's presence,  Dekha Sitaji ko. He wants to spare Rama even that one extra  split second of anxiety, the time taken to pronounce  the  2 more words,  if he had said Sitaji ko dekha.

So also here, Jodha should have said at  once Nahin kiya maine! The categoric negative, accompanied by the info that Mahaam Anga had tasted the food and found it lazeez, plus a word of concern for his pain and a move to get him some honey to soothe his burnt tongue -  and Jalal would not only have believed her and launched a successful  investigation to nail the culprits, but he would have instantly  forgotten all his ills.

There is no point in  listing out all his misdeeds  of 2 days back. He was drunk then,  but yesterday, and more so today, sober as a judge, he has turned up trumps for the  wife whom he had promised to make  miserable. Does Jodha even try to think thru  that if he really meant what he said to her that night, why then is  he now putting up  the show which she desperately wants, and why is he being  extra considerate and obliging to her parents?  No, she does not, for she does not want  her hatred of Jalal, which is by now an axiom for her, to be diluted by any such analysis or any contrary facts.

I simply could not understand  the folly of her simply repeating that she is not afraid of him. Which of course drives him to furious, over the top imprecations and threats, plus a great deal of outraged rhetoric about what is owed to the dignity of a Shahenshah.

I was also taken aback by her totally ignoring the hurt he has suffered, not   offering  at least a sliver of sympathy,  and not insisting on the incident be investigated at once by Jalal. The way she behaves, harping on what she would  not do while her parents were in Agra,  would, even in an unconcerned bystander, only reinforce the conviction that she-dun-it.  It all goes to prove that if there is one thing Begum Jodha does not have, it is sound practical sense,  plus some understanding even of 'the other' to borrow Sangeeta's evocative phrase.

Jodha is a perfect Scarlett O'Hara to Jalal's Rhett Butler, and their interactions have the same sharp edge, and the same, unfailing ability to get the other's back up and to maul whatever it is that is budding between them. The only difference is that  here, unlike the muted tragedy of Gone with the Wind, not even Ekta Kapoor can change the happy ending. But what I  fear is that the longer such unnecessarily harsh interactions between them continue, the more difficult will it be for the CVs to effect the eventual transition to a loving and trusting relationship  gracefully and convincingly.

Thought for the day: It  seem to be  the general consensus that by conferring the 5000 level Mansubedari on Bharmal,  Jalal  has gained a substantial politico-military advantage, by co-opting the Rajputs to fight for the Mughals instead of against them. This might well  be true for the long term, for   after all Akbar reigned for all of  49 years. But right now, seeing the way the Amer forces, reinforced by Suryabhan's troops, fared against Sharifuddin,  I personally think Jalal will be paying out 30000 asharfis a month  for a langda ghoda that cannot even trot, not to speak of winning races!😉  

Shyamala B.Cowsik Edited by sashashyam - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I loved all of your analysis above👏... 
Back to the story - Now, there is no doubt that both of them have heaps of passion, ego, rage and immaturity all wrapped into their beings...however, having said that I guess the passionate journey of two hot-headed lovers is always a more engrossing watch (for many if not most) than that of two level-headed dignified beings...Ekta plays her cards there well...

I can also agree with all of what you've said above except for the one bit - that Jodha had to show some form of courtesy for his spiced-up tongue...yes he is the Shehenshah, but she's a proud princess too...

Yes, what he did to her was two days ago in an inebriated state...but he never seemed fazed the following morning either...and to top it he was almost amused this morning when he pointed it out to maasaa...(If I was in her place I'd have put the mirchi there myself 😆)

The intentions are starkly different...

Just like how he thinks she did it on purpose to anger him, she thinks he's exaggerating the mirchi bit...she did acknowledge that he kept up his word and she did talk about the positive twist to Maan Singh's life... so its not that she doesn't realize the bit of goodness in him...(that is, till she starts seeing him for what he is)

I'm waiting to see how this story unfolds... love their takraars...
ashpat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i enjoyed reading your analysis. Just curious to know if you are writer? I mean do you have a career related to journalism, writing or literary research?

Thanks again for analysis. It's great as always.👏
SonyaBlade thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Shyamala aunty,

How can we forget what Jalal did in tricking Jodha about his hand. If I was Jodha and how I perceived today's episode it is that she cant trust him. He has already decieved her once using trickery and he was not drunk then so how can she believe this OTT drama that he is creating over food which she knows was not laced with spices when she left the kitchen.

It was actually quite logical for her to not help him as she would only assume this is another tactic for him to somehow trick her.

Jalal made his bed when he did the earlier stunt, now he must lie in it.

Edited by SonyaBlade - 10 years ago
tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sashashyam

Okay, folks, I am not losing the plot and repeating episode numbers. This is the real No. 42, and I had goofed up and skipped a number last night. And no, at my age, it was not the after effect of that hamaam scene!😉  Thanks a lot to Zoyafan and QuiNotti  who alerted me to it ever so discreetly. Who says GenX does not have beautiful, considerate manners?

I was in two minds today about posting anything, and only partly because my left eye has not yet quite made up its mind if it wants to stop imitating a tomato.

It was more because the episode left me feeling rather tired and also a bit sad about  the vagaries of human nature. Plus the terminally soapy device of pretending for the sake of the khushi or bhalayi of someone or the other, and lying thru one's teeth to that end,  is enough to  set my teeth on edge; every single saas bahu serial, without exception, has it. 

The truth is always the safer bet, and then it can be sugar-coated as desired, but the denizens of TV soapland are in love with untruth, and the more blatant the better. So is  Jodha now, apparently believing that the charade she has embarked upon can be kept up indefinitely. Let us get the score on this operation, beginning yesterday.

Jodha-Jalal: the score yesterday: Okay, so she wants that, and of course she needs Jalal's sustained cooperation to carry it thru. So she goes -  after some strong persuasion for the extremely practical Motibai, who has 10 times as much commonsense as her mistress -  to see Jalal. He agrees to oblige her and, after some coaching,  to lie thru his  perfect pearly whites for her sake.

She in turn, helps him bathe, most reltouctantly, it is true, but still she does it. If she had had any sense of humour, she would have dissolved in infectious laughter at her own plight,  and Ekta's serial would have been shortened by about 200 episodes! But our Jodha is not burdened with this attribute, so she does not appreciate her spouse's mischievous grins.

So far, they are quits.

Jodha-Jalal: the score today: Now for today's happenings. Jalal is extra welcoming and warm to Bharmal and Mynavati. He lays it on thick about Jodha to her mother. A hint of a grateful smile  is  visible on Jodha's face.It is, however,  immediately chased away by Jalal mentioning, with a straight face,  but an impish gleam in his eye, meant for Jodha,  that she had learnt a new rivaaz  from him,  at one try, the day before. Like Queen Victoria, Jodha is not amused!  Round 1 to Jalal.

To pay him back for that mischievous sally, Jodha scolds him for coming into the room with Lord Krishna's idol with his jootis on. Jalal must have wondered, at this point,  why all his khaas Begums seem to  be eternally after his beloved jootis!  His eyes, as he slowly raises them to Jodha's, look almost grim - for it is a very cheeky remark - but he makes a quick recover, and apologises, blaming his forgetfulness. Mynavati is amazed at the good humour of her javaisa,  and Jodha smiles in secret triumph. Round 2 to Jodha.

Not one to go down without a fight, Jalal now hints  very broadly  at perfect conjugal felicity between Jodha and himself, mentioning her having pulled him up about the jootis the night before too, and wondering about the wounds on her arm (from the broken bangles of  the night before last) which, he says, were not there the previous night.  Jodha turns pink with embarrassment at the implications of his remarks; and as Jalal  leaves, the two of them eye each other like Kilkenny cats, eager for the next sparring match.

Maybe the bangle bit was rather insensitive, but the rest of it is  a perfectly legit, no holds barred boxing bout, from which Jalal retires having won on points. This is not yet the self-destructive spousal hostility of Who is afraid of Virginia Woolf .

Alas, this is soon going to change, and change drastically, for the worse, after the Mahaam-induced fiasco of Begum Jodha's  lazeez khana.  

Pre-Chilli: Coming to that, I wondered why the Shahenshah eats in solitary state. Even if Bharmal cannot join because of the beti ke ghar paani bhi nahin peete rule (I was in fact looking to see whether Bharmal  had a water bottle, or the 16th century equivalent thereof, tucked away in his choga. But perhaps, since he is a son of the desert, he shares the ability of the ship of the desert to go on for days without the aforesaid paani!😉), what of Bhagwan Das and Mansingh?  Both of them are obviously exempt from the paani nahin peete fiat, since both have been both eating and drinking in the palace for weeks now.  If one or both of them had sat down to the meal with Jalal, Mahaam would never have pulled that stunt, as it would have been spotted  with the first mouthful either of them took.

Next, Jodha has at least 5  maids in attendance all the  time. Not one of them, not even Motibai,   has the notion of  being watchful and making sure their special khana was safe;  instead they all  sashay off in Jodha's wake.  Staff is the same everywhere and in every age, never where they should be!

Plus, this chilli stunt is as old as the hills and as boring; it is unworthy of the quality we have got used to in Jodha Akbar. And the explanations for Jalal eating it till he practically has smoke coming out of his ears  -imperial pride, wanting to keep his word to Jodha etc. - are all nonsense. He could have put an end to it after the first bite by jokingly asking Bharmal if they  preferred such red hot food to match the  fiery Rajput temperament, and the cat would have been out of the bag at once.  It is pathetic, this screenplay.

Post-Chilli:  Having skimmed thru the vigorous arguments in MoronskiMallika's thread,  for and against Jodha and for and against Jalal,  I feel that both of them are  OTT, Jalal furiously and Jodha mulishly.

But he is the one more sinned against than sinning. He has treated Bharmal and Mynavati with great courtesy and  consideration, he has been very kind to Mansingh (even if Jodha sees this as aimed at corrupting the young  man), and he has lied manfully  to please Jodha and keep her parents not just happy but in the seventh heaven of parental joy and satisfaction . Against all this, what are  few mischievous sallies  at Jodha's expense ? So, in the pre-chilli phase, she owes him  a good bit.

Why then  does Jodha assume that he is making up the chilli complaint? If she had taken even a single look at him while he was eating, she would have known that something was badly wrong. But  of course she does not. Even  without that, a look at him pouring all that water down his throat as she is coming into  the room should have alerted her.

Her response to his fierce question as to why she did it, that she has no bhay of him,  is bizarre.

When Hanuman returned from Lanka with Sita's token for Lord Rama, he announces, as soon  as he is in Rama's presence,  Dekha Sitaji ko. He wants to spare Rama even that one extra  split second of anxiety, the time taken to pronounce  the  2 more words,  if he had said Sitaji ko dekha.

So also here, Jodha should have said at  once Nahin kiya maine! The categoric negative, accompanied by the info that Mahaam Anga had tasted the food and found it lazeez, plus a word of concern for his pain and a move to get him some honey to soothe his burnt tongue -  and Jalal would not only have believed her and launched a successful  investigation to nail the culprits, but he would have instantly  forgotten all his ills.

There is no point in  listing out all his misdeeds  of 2 days back. He was drunk then,  but yesterday, and more so today, sober as a judge, he has turned up trumps for the  wife whom he had promised to make  miserable. Does Jodha even try to think thru  that if he really meant what he said to her that night, why then is  he now putting up  the show which she desperately wants, and why is he being  extra considerate and obliging to her parents?  No, she does not, for she does not want  her hatred of Jalal, which is by now an axiom for her, to be diluted by any such analysis or any contrary facts.

I simply could not understand  the folly of her simply repeating that she is not afraid of him. Which of course drives him to furious, over the top imprecations and threats, plus a great deal of outraged rhetoric about what is owed to the dignity of a Shahenshah.

I was also taken aback by her totally ignoring the hurt he has suffered, not   offering  at least a sliver of sympathy,  and not insisting on the incident be investigated at once by Jalal. The way she behaves, harping on what she would  not do while her parents were in Agra,  would, even in an unconcerned bystander, only reinforce the conviction that she-dun-it.  It all goes to prove that if there is one thing Begum Jodha does not have, it is sound practical sense,  plus some understanding even of 'the other' to borrow Sangeeta's evocative phrase.

Jodha is a perfect Scarlett O'Hara to Jalal's Rhett Butler, and their interactions have the same sharp edge, and the same, unfailing ability to get the other's back up and to maul whatever it is that is budding between them. The only difference is that  here, unlike the muted tragedy of Gone with the Wind, not even Ekta Kapoor can change the happy ending. But what I  fear is that the longer such unnecessarily harsh interactions between them continue, the more difficult will it be for the CVs to effect the eventual transition to a loving and trusting relationship  gracefully and convincingly.

Thought for the day: It  seem to be  the general consensus that by conferring the 5000 level Mansubedari on Bharmal,  Jalal  has gained a substantial politico-military advantage, by co-opting the Rajputs to fight for the Mughals instead of against them. This might well  be true for the long term, for   after all Akbar reigned for all of  49 years. But right now, seeing the way the Amer forces, reinforced by Suryabhan's troops, fared against Sharifuddin,  I personally think Jalal will be paying out 30000 asharfis a month  for a langda ghoda that cannot even trot, not to speak of winning races!😉  

Shyamala B.Cowsik

My dearest Shyamala Aunty
I have been meaning to write a good long post on your absolutely delightful threads sooner but am so overwhelmed with Vibhav and I've also just joined a law firm- its chaotic. Today I have finally had a bit of time to comment! Whilst I have been throughly enjoying jalal-jodha's flantering, (flirting+bantering) as my mother aptly calls it, sometimes this seems too much like pride and prejudice. its a well loved story but one we've all heard before. jodha still seems to have no realization that her behavior in jalal's darbaar has an impact. she seems like all the other cliche ekta heroines and honestly at times it gets a little tedious. and the chatur jalal at times seems to completely lose sight of what, for a man of his intellectual caliber, should be rather simplistic to figure out- y would jodha put mirchi in his food on purpose- that would shame her parents and completely make all her efforts to keep the truth from them futile! 

this show is definitely the closest ekta has come to fresh since kasautii zindagi kii (prerna's pregnancy was quite a shocker for indian tv i believe). but I completely agree with you about the pouring mirchi in food part. old dhakia nusi kitchen politics such as maham anga in today's episode is just plain boring now. without going into the arguments about this being insulting to maham anga who was a brilliantly shrewd and powerful women, too above any of this silliness, these kind of saas bahu nautanki is plain crass humour that is just simply passe and dull. no one wants to see this. I believe Ashutosh Gowarikar's film handled this jodha cooking scene with a lot more finesse and fun. in the movie maham anga did try to show down jodha but she does in a very politically correct fashion in court rather than play petty games. and jodha also tactfully handles the situation and skillfully diffuses the tension by asking jalal not to eat a dish because there is too much salt in it. compared to that beautifully handled scene this seems just plain dim witted. A good advice to the cvs would be- please try to stray from the path taken by jodha akbar the film as much as possible if you can't deliver something better or equally interesting. there will be comparison- thats inevitable. so wouldn't it be better to avoid similar scenes if the delivery of the story line will be uninteresting? it will save them some negative feedback.

Thank you for doing this Shyamala Aunty! This has become the Kools Commentary of this forum for me. Its fantastic!

Tejaswini   

Edited by tejaswiniwenham - 10 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the amazing post Aunty.

The way jalal reacted after eating the food was really well. He did not humiliate her in public but talked to her in private. His points were all justified. What jodha does is.. I'm not afraid of you, you cannot scare me. What kind of a reply is this? How can she be so indifferent? Does it not hurt her even a bit that he is falsely accusing her?

Jodha is supposed to be caring, selfless, compassionate and all. Where are all these qualities now? Jalal is far more considerate then her. 

And Amer = Tara lol

scarlett messed her relationship with everyone.. At least she was practical. The cvs need to work on jodha's character.
Edited by Autumn_Rose - 10 years ago
SonyaBlade thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Thanks for the amazing post Aunty.

The way jalal reacted after eating the food was really well. He did not humiliate her in public but talked to her in private. His points were all justified. What jodha does is.. I'm not afraid of you, you cannot scare me. What kind of a reply is this? How can she be so indifferent? Does it not hurt her even a bit that he is falsely accusing her?

Jodha is supposed to be caring, selfless, compassionate and all. Where are all these qualities now? Jalal is far more considerate then her.

And Amer = Tara lol

Dont you think the injury is being made out to be far bigger than it really is. I mean he ate spicy food and then he drank water after. What else can she really do? If it was a bloody wound I'm sure she would have reacted differently but spicy food. She's probably thinking like I am - get over it Jalal and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: SonyaBlade

Dont you think the injury is being made out to be far bigger than it really is. I mean he ate spicy food and then he drank water after. What else can she really do? If it was a bloody wound I'm sure she would have reacted differently but spicy food. She's probably thinking like I am - get over it Jalal and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It isn't a small thing, he is shehanshah, after all. She cannot do anything but her reaction was unnatural. He was right in telling her that he can do a hell lot of things to her, he doesn't have to listen to her either. But he does keep his word. Treats her family respectfully. Her hand injury was in reaction to the insult in the court. Everything jalal told her was true. Had she added those chilly to the food herself, it would have been childish and disrespectful. Plus for someone as 'truthful' and 'kind' as jodha, she should have had a strong reaction against such a false accusation. Her saying that she wasn't scared was just weird. It was not only insensitive but also stupid as to not ask about it..
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Haha. The mirchi part was so pointless, but the funniest thing is that Jalal did not even care about the mirchi when Jodha told him that she cares nothing for his burnt tongue. 😆 Rajat's reaction was hilarious. How good is this guy? I know a lot of people seem to not like Jodha, but she has grown on me. Better her than an unrelatable, poised queen figure, who would have looked and appeared magnificent, but may not have been a real and normal girl of seventeen. I understand her. I am also frustrated with her. I am frustrated with both of them. But is not that a sign of a good story? Where you want to kill the characters sometimes, and fall in love with them as well? 😆 Although, she seriously needs to tone down on the hatred, looks like the line "Jalal's sarr" has been replaced with "..hum unse ghrina karte hain..". Seriously, why? Why does she still hate the guy? She is alarmingly like an Elizabeth Bennet, holding on to her blind prejudice, and Jalal, my love, is an Indian Mister Darcy, blinded by his monumental pride. Clash of the titans indeed. I have absolutely no idea how the heck the CVs will make these two fall in love, and make it look natural. 😆

And lovely post again. Please do take care of your health. We worry about you. 
Edited by Star_girl - 10 years ago
ginco thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
 very well put Shyamala Aunty

for once i  also felt tht jodha is not keeping her promise of being a dutiful wife ...jalal had never promised to be a dutiful husband yet he is considerate with her  except tht drunk incident where he inflicted injury on her ...

but atleast she should have asked  about his throat and  attempted to  get him something like honey or sugar... being a women she has been shown to have a kind heart but wat happens when she needs to show some concern towards a husband who is in pain...

On one hand she says tht she won't  play any such trick on him with her parents being there and on the other hand she is  not considering the fact tht she was deliberatly enraing him to take an action and create  a scene ... if she was wise and practical she should have tried to access the situation and found ways to calm down her husband for now ... but alas her pride and ego is always superior to her  than anything else ... even her love for her parents as yet again she has proved that she does not care much like  that shaadi ka joda burning  OTT scene in Amer ... she should really get some brains from motibai or for that matter MA ...