ganga and temptation - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by hooked

For all those who have berated her so long for "loving" Jagya - did they notice how easy she was yesterday with his engagement news ? She truely does not see him as someone she can aspire for. She did have a hard time of it on his b'day when Saanchi came into her room and taunted her and the news was so sudden. But she worked on herself and told herself this was ridiculous and she won't let herself feel bad for something good happening with Jagya's life.

I think at this point after the rattan singh incident and sumitra's behaviour, she knows that even if she marries Jagya she will always be unwelcome in the house. 

Even if she aspires to marry him, Ganga is a gharelu type and wants to lead a family life in a joint family.  She would only marry Jagya if sumitra accepted her as daughter in law  unhesitatingly without reservations.  She is also sensible and realizes that not only she herself, but even Manu will not be accepted there.   She realizes that life with sumitra and co. would be a living hell.

The only option after marriage is then to separate and live a nuclear family of three. That would involve yet again tearing Jagya away from his family, and she has enough loyalty to not do that to the singhs particularly after learning about his past.

So all in all, I think even if she had aspirations, she had the foresight to think a few steps ahead and realize that it just could not be.  She made her peace with the situation.

But somehow, I have never found ganga's love to be either emotional or physical or material towards Jagya.   It has always been a sort of deep spiritual partnership she feels with him -- that he is the avatar of devi maa in her life.   I doubt marriage was on her mind at any given time.

she wants only the ashirwaad...not money...yaar...
Sectoreight me too agree wid Yunks thats why I said Ganga is not in that condition to take that big amount as a gift. And she returned it very respectfully, and said she only want ashirwaad. She has only love and respect to give so she can only take love and ashirwad in return. But as a viewer for me that mony was not gift coz DS went there for her own resion, not for her love towards Ganga Mannu.
Originally posted by sectoreight

I think at this point after the rattan singh incident and sumitra's behaviour, she knows that even if she marries Jagya she will always be unwelcome in the house. 

Even if she aspires to marry him, Ganga is a gharelu type and wants to lead a family life in a joint family.  She would only marry Jagya if sumitra accepted her as daughter in law  unhesitatingly without reservations.  She is also sensible and realizes that not only she herself, but even Manu will not be accepted there.   She realizes that life with sumitra and co. would be a living hell.

The only option after marriage is then to separate and live a nuclear family of three. That would involve yet again tearing Jagya away from his family, and she has enough loyalty to not do that to the singhs particularly after learning about his past.

So all in all, I think even if she had aspirations, she had the foresight to think a few steps ahead and realize that it just could not be.  She made her peace with the situation.

But somehow, I have never found ganga's love to be either emotional or physical or material towards Jagya.   It has always been a sort of deep spiritual partnership she feels with him -- that he is the avatar of devi maa in her life.   I doubt marriage was on her mind at any given time.

@Bold Red

I completely agree with the statement that she sees something very pure and almost divine in the support she has received and is continuing to receive via Jagya. 
I do not think she has EVER assumed Jagya will want to marry her etc. Hero worshipped - YES. Idolised him - YES, lusted for him - a big NO.

@blue
All this is simply conjecture as we have not been privy to her private emotions or her self analysis. 

The most we have seen is on the night of his B'day when his out-of-the-blue-rishta with Saanchi was proposed and accepted. That day - YES - she really struggled with herself to keep away her tears and she was trying hard to reason with herself and understand why instead of being happy for him - she was feeling so teary. And on that very day - she had told herself very sternly that this will not do. DoctorSa was her benefactor and nothing more and she had to pull herself together and behave.

In fact when Anandi accosted Ganga with this very fact  and her brealkdown in front of LalSingh when she brought in Jagya - Ganga was very clear about how her indebtedness to Jagya and his family is the root cause of her caring and feeling for him. She had never been shown to have even a second's moment of fantasy about being his wife or being accepted/rejected by his family.
Edited by hooked - 10 years ago
Originally posted by flutterby

[

bravo hooked...
worship smileys photo: We're not worthy worship.gif
@blue bold... aise imp things... kissi ko nahi dikhta... but u be sure...
that if she had accepted the money there wud have been dozens of posts on that... 😆
*facepalming*

thank you cvs for not showing inconsistency in ganga's character...  😳

🤣 I  SO hear you. She'd have been a cheapo and an ingrate and  without morals and an unfit parent and some thirty other adjectives in a similar vein.😆
Originally posted by hooked

@Bold

I completely agree with the statement that she sees something very pure and almost divine in the support she has and is continuing to receive via Jagya. 
Do not think she has ever assumed Jagya will want to marry her etc. Hero worship YES. Idolised him - YES, lusted for him a big NO.

@blue
All this is simply conjecture as we have not been privy to her emotions or her self analysis. 

The most we have seen is on the night of his B'day when his out-of-the-blue-rishta with Saanchi was proposed and accepted. That day - YES - she really struggled with herself to keep away her tears and she was trying to reason with herself and understand why instead of being happy for him - she was feeling so teary. And on that very day - she had told herself very sternly that this will not do. DoctorSa was her benefactor and nothing more and she had to pull herself together and behave.

Well said, hooked 👏!
Even I have never seen Ganga's love as being the romantic sort where she would have dreams or aspirations of spending the rest of her life with him. Her mind has never gone down that track. Even now if Jagya were to propose to her, it might come as a shock and her reaction would be to refuse him. It is just plain hero worship for the person who has given her new life and hope for a better future.

As for the original topic, Ganga is basically a woman of very strong principles. She doesn't like to take or accept anything that she wouldn't be able to give back. It was so apparent when she first moved into Badi Haveli, she immediately took on the house work despite the Singhs' protests. In her mind it was a little something she was giving back to them for providing a shelter and a safe haven to her. She wanted to leave the Haveli much earlier because of this, but it was their insistence that made her stay back.

She is already so indebted to them for all that they have done that it might bother her that she has no way of paying them back. So in no way would she accept money from Ds, no matter so much of a gift it may be.
Somehow I feel the TM is not too wrong. If ganga loves dadisa as a family member, then there is nothing wrong in accepting money. Money always comes in handy. I accept gifts when I know it will make gift giver happy.
There is something called practicality too.

And when I want to give something happily and the other person refuses, I feel bad.

Here dadisa is such an old lady and calling her gift as bribe is not correct. She is always good to ganga.

But the title is not correct. What temptation? Dadisa is offering monetary help as she knows ganga is going to a new place and she has to pay rent, deposit etc. Temptation is if dadisa offers her a blank checque as it is done in films.
Edited by leavesandwaves - 10 years ago
i don't think Dadisa offered it as a bribe for her to leave either

Dadisa knows her integrity too well and is a very good judge of character

i think Dadisa tried it for  practical reasons , she had tried it even on the night she left haveli

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 10 years ago
regarding Ganga's love of Jagya and what type of love it is-

I think Ganga loves Jagya in every way that it is possible for a woman to love a man or a person to love another person...there is admiration, respect, awe, and devotion involved...the basis is very pure...she is aware of her limitations...does she feel something romantic towards him? I think she does...the way she told Anandi how she loves to see him smile because it lights up his entire face...she does notice him for his physical traits but it's all linked up to her worshiping him, she would personally stop herself if her thoughts about him went too far...when they almost kissed, her eyes were overflowing with love and she looked like she was dazzled...big time...

But one thing I strongly agree with is that it is not in Ganga's nature to expect things from people. When Sanchi told her abt the proposal, Ganga asked herself how she can let someone else have her happiness...so Jagya is her happiness and it was hard for her to see his marriage fixed with Sanchi, but I don't think it was bec. she ever entertained the idea of becoming his wife...plus, she's not the possessive kind...she let go...she has self respect...and I think if Jagya proposes her, his whole family will have to propose her with him bec. otherwise she will refuse him...even if he cries and shows all that desperation which he's feeling for her now.
to me its okay to accept gift at this stage
coz ganga has kid , its always good to have money i hand when u have toddler to take care of