Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

SULTAN/AR AT#28 "I'm the TALK OF THE TOWN" (Page 31)

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AVISHTI

the shift last wk was coz of srk...not coz of nything else...plus sultan is very much the same since last three wks of his re entry...only the blackmailing was shwn in diff flavours so that the audience don't get bored n cvs succeeded in it...all sulbala scns rockd bigtym

@bold...But the CVs didn't succeed. The TRPs dropped.LOL  They could've done SRK differently, but they chose to do it the way they did. They didn't have the guts to show it any different way, they needed to make the focus more on anokha pyar.  There's only so much the audience can take, and so much see-sawing the audience can take. And yeah they did see-saw last week. I saw the times they didn't see-saw, but generally they toned it down because of SRK and whatever their goal was last week.  And the audience picked up on that see-saw and the change in last week.

Abby we complained about last week and you are the one who admonished us.  But the fact is sometimes our complaints are valid.  Talking about faults after the ratings come out is easy.  We were pointing out and complaining about certain things from last week and you are the one who disagreed.

Edited by likarsh - 17 August 2013 at 5:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gennyM

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AVISHTI

I won't blame it all to hedge as cvs hv channel pressure n its a Group of cvs who.decide.storyline...not only hedge...fans think it to b hedge only coz only he is available online...e all kknow how channel pressure made cvs change the script in the last min to mk th wedding happen but I m not complaining though as lik always says its a relief that wedding n SR r done

cuming to cvs experimenting...I really feel for them coz its hard to.digest as a writer to see ur shw getting so low trp which used to get 4+   trps even a few months bk...they made experiments but it did not work which isn't their fault...brothers track didn't work coz rkbala was married NOT coz the track was bad...I LUVED eacn n every scn of the brothers track...acting dialogues screenplay all were top class...but audience lost interest aftr wedding n blame went to brothers trqck but I m glad cvs at least ended it with meeras presss conference with rashid n didn't mk it unrealistic by mking sultan cum in front of media

then cvs tried to do damage control by juicing out the luv triangle as rk sultan mb trio scns used to rake in trps in mar april. n it was working...trp rose to 2.3 from 2.0 uring cliff scn.

sultans death n return gripped audience n trps rose to 2.4 n remained stable...

I don't think shivdutts track ended. abruptly. ...he did the damage enuf n superbly...there was no point in further dragging court scns when it was out to viwers. sultan is alive on sat

ts jus unfortunate viwers lost interest a bit too much after the lead couples wedding which doesn't fall so sharply in other shows...cvs n channel didn't see it cuming nor did we...

Shivadutt's track was great. And it went on as planned. They said it would last around 12 episodes and it did.  But it did end abruptly in the sense that...what happens to him afterwards?  What about the actual case?  Are they even going to get to it?  I know the bail see-saw can be explained as Sultan pulling the strings.  But still.  Shivadutt's track paved the way for Sultan's re-entry and the week afterwards.  I agree SRK's promotion screwed things up. And I agree that they may have had the pressure to use SRK in relation with 'anokha pyar'LOL and prop up that couple, but still...they didn't do it the right way.  

And what about after SRK...why couldn't they just quickly get back to it.  No, they continue dragging on (and that is what they are doing now, you have to admit). But the biggest thing, Abby, is Sultan and even Madhu.  People will watch as long as they think Sultan will be justified.  But if they feel that he's turning into a villain for the anokha pyar then, they will tune out.

And what's exactly what happened last week, combined with the other factors I already mentioned.  As I said I can see the places where it's clear he's not being turned into villain, but when you have all the drag...Anokha pyar promotions, delaying Sultan's reasoning, etc etc...then audience will become wary.

Edited by likarsh - 17 August 2013 at 6:07am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

alovi_21paljaygennyM

gennyM IF-Rockerz
gennyM
gennyM

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Liks,u hit the nail on the head.ClapSee-sawing is the exact word.StarAnd now the audience can see thru their games.
RS had said in an interview that all the third angles introduced are to spice up the Rishbala Jodi.Thats the problem.The PH is following this mantra to the Tee.Thats what Sultan track hints at.I think its not that the tracks they are introducing is not working,its just that they are doing an awesome job that the attention is deviating from the Lead jodi and stealing the thunder from under their noses.
Let me cite the instances:-
1)Sultans introductory scene-TRP of 4.0.THe male lead comes after 2 weeks,and then they stop showing Sultan for an entire week.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

paljayKhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Nimi, I am off now. Agreed. I also want to add the director changed too, so add that into all the storyline related factors, it just heightened the sense of a shift, even if that wasn't the intention behind the director change. 

gennyM

gennyM IF-Rockerz
gennyM
gennyM

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Then the Holi and Dargah scene,with SUltan's realization,wasnt that a show stealing episode,where she and he color each other first.Thats when the Sulbala chants took over.

3)Paddu and Sultan scenes and Sultan meeting Madhu b4 her wedding,check the TRP's ,that was a satday rolling on to Monday,the most watched episodes.Big smile

4)The BW party scene,SUltan confronting RK with the gun.Major highlighted scenes,with good trp's.

5)The Half brother story.
6) Sultan entering RK mansion,Meera's introduction,

7)Sultan turning into villain overnight.

Apart from RKbala Anokha pyar,the major situations in the story since his entry have been revolving around Sultan.

And if u notice,the CV's show him for a max of 3 episodes with a 5,3-4,then 2 minute scene only and rest is occupied by the leads.The audience has caught onto that and now realize Sultan is just a pawn being used by the CV's to attract them in the hope of a new scenario,but that's not the case cos they are not going anywhere,just wanna show different strokes of the Anokha pyar,with ups and downs thru Sultan.
There will not be any change in the storyline and SUltan will not get any meaty role to play neither is he gonna turn the carts topsy turvy.The cv's are just playing with the emotions of the audience.
Yesterday was the ultimate,Rji threatening madhu not leave

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mehurocksKhatamKahani

fia21 IF-Sizzlerz
fia21
fia21

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Hey guys!
What's up?

gennyM

kalyanireddy Goldie
kalyanireddy
kalyanireddy

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Smile
newvee IF-Dazzler
newvee
newvee

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Great discussion going on here Liks and Abby. And Nimmy, bang on girl! Loved ur points.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gennyMAnu-ReddyKhatamKahani

Go to top