Jodha Akbar

Jalal Already Falling for Jodha?

princessonline thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I have come to believe after watching some of the episodes that Jalal may have started to harbor some feelings for Jodha already.

I am completely in love with their relationship at the moment because it really showcases why Jodha becomes so important to Jalal later in his life. I feel like Jalal is already so much about Jodha. After watching today's episode I can honestly say that Jalal has started to feel somewhat for Jodha, though his ego and pride get in the way of him accepting the fact that though he claims to hate Jodha he would never really hurt her in such a way that she is completely broken.

He will insult her and taunt her but he will never let anyone but him hurt Jodha which he himself has accepted many times in the show. That's how it always is with people. We can hurt our loved ones but we will never let anyone else hurt them.

I refuse to believe that Jalal would put up with the antics of anyone else the way he does with Jodha. Jalal has yes made life hard for Jodha but Jodha, nevertheless, does not make things easier for Jalal either. Had someone else done the things Jodha has done all hell would have broken loose.

Everytime Jodha asks Jalal for something there has never been a time he has said "no" and refused to grant her wishes. He knows for a fact that he will not be able to upset her by not giving her what she wants, but at the same time will find some way to embarrass her by setting forth a condition so that it seems as if the only reason why he is agreeing to do something for her is to humilate her in return. Most of his conditions or antics are usually to get near Jodha whether that be by making her feed him or bathe him.

For some reason I cannot get myself to believe that he actually hates Jodha and the only reason why he married her is to remind himself of his victory. Had Jodha been a prize he would not spend so much time on her. He has so many other wives, yet, all day long the only thing he can think of us how to upset/annoy Jodha. It seems to me as if he is looking for Jodha's attention. Jalal is much more emotionally attached to Jodha then Jodha is to Jalal. Jodha's hatred for Jalal is quite evident whereas Jalal's hatred for Jodha is quite blurred and unapparent. Whenever Jodha is nearby he is always stealing quick glances to see her reaction. Whether that be when she was eating food in today's episode or when he was talking to Jodha's father or when Jodha came to Amer for the first time and was conversing with his mother and looking at the singing women or when Jodha was sitting in their wedding reception being completely inattentive towards him and watching the performance. He is always looking to see what Jodha's reactions are and smiles when he sees her enjoying herself.

Jalal agreed to tell Jodha's parents they are very happy but he took the extra mile. He gave so much respect to her parents. Especially her mother by walking her to Jodha's room. He could have just as easily let someone else take her but because it had something to do with Jodha he had to go.

Furthermore, I know for a fact that though Jalal left after taking to Jodha saying he is going to tell her parents what their relationship is really like he will never do it because he knows for a fact that Jodha would never lie and has bought her explanation but is just a but pissed and perhaps jealous that she could care less about him and his condition but cares so deeply for her family and their feelings. He didn't disagree with anything Jodha said when she explained herself instead he said "so you care more about the feelings of your parents than my condition after eating your food."

Plus, I feel that Jodha is the only one who can stand up to Jalal and not get in trouble. She is the only one who can give him tit for tat and that is why he always goes back to Jodha to pick another fight.

What do you guys think? He may have fallen for her or I am thinking too much into things?

Riya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aanchal_c thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i think he has started feeling for her bcoz before hatred there was attraction and a strong on at that,comeon he burned his hand getting her payal out of the fire,so yes he was attracted to her and wanted her but now his ego hates her so he has mixed feelings...should i want her or hate her guts...
princessonline thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aanchal_c

i think he has started feeling for her bcoz before hatred there was attraction and a strong on at that,comeon he burned his hand getting her payal out of the fire,so yes he was attracted to her and wanted her but now his ego hates her so he has mixed feelings...should i want her or hate her guts...

Agreed! He was day dreaming about her every time anyone mentioned Amer for quite some days. Even when he was with Rukiya and was spending some "romantic" time with her as soon as she asked him where he was for the past three days all he could think about was Jodha. I feel he only feels "hatred" because she embarrassed him the day she sang the song in front of everyone. After they got married, he went to her room and she sliced his hand for lack of better words, yet, when he got out of the room he was smiling as if he just came across the world happiest news.

Thanks for replying.

Riya 😊
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dude. Awesome post. Now. When a guy, who claims he hates you, tries to touch you or get your to touch him at every freaking opportunity, when the usually logical guy seethes like a volcano around you, practically moves mountains to get married to you, looses his head over your refusal to kiss him back or obey him like a fool- tab samajho usse pyaar ho gaya pyaare. πŸ˜† Jalal is unique. Complex. His feelings for Jodha are also unique. Complex. And he does not even understand what he feels. He is so adorably lost. Did you see how the mirchi track went flying out of the window when Jodha merely mentions how she only cares about the reaction of her parents? He does not give a damn about the mirchi, he is irritated why the hell Jodha should care more about her parents. He wants her attention, her body, her everything to himself. This is a guy in love. Albeit, a very confused, possessive and morally questionable guy. But adorable nonetheless. πŸ˜† 
libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am in complete agreement with you,and loved your post😊...Jodha plain and simple dislikes Jalal,some reasons are personal,and some by default,cause she is a Rajput brought up hearing stories about the 'Mughals' supposed cruelty..

But Jalal does not hate her,i am pretty much sure about it.He actually is intrigued by her and also attracted to her,but she refuses his advances,or does not show any interest in him,or does not desire him,that's when his fuse blows up,his ego gets hurt,and he comes up with different tricks to make Jodha do things for him,and she cannot even refuse him in the case...

Today Jalal was more pissed with the fact that Jodha is not concerned that the spiced up food burnt his throat,but she is more concerned for her parents and her family's honour...

And i also feel that he will be really happy if Jodha wins the chess match,but the Emperor's ego will not allow Jalal to acknowledge the fact...
mehvy12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First of all I loved reading your post. It explained their feelings, especially his, very nicely.

I finally got a chance to see their earlier interactions (thanks to Chandni :-)) and in my opinion he doesn't hate her. He is attracted to her, you can see it in his facial expressions when he sees her for the first few times. It's something he can't understand but all he cares about is gaining her, and his mind starts making plans to make that happen. I'm not sure what to call this feeling but IMO it's not a negative feeling. I haven't seen the part where Jodha pulls the sword on Akbar, but I am assuming that angers him (in a good way). Jodha intrigues him. No one is able to talk back to him or stand up to him, especially a female. Jodha is a challenge; someone who gives him a run for his money, and he likes that.

Unfortunately for Jodha this feeling is not mutual. I feel she hates his actions more than him. She doesn't know him rather his actions, indirect or direct. I'm hoping she will be able to get over her hatred of him and start to see him as a person separate from that of his Shehenshah avatar.

Has Jalal fallen for her? I think he is getting there. He is already infatuated with her. As you said he is always trying to find ways to get her attention or get close to her. He knows she knows what he is doing and that pleases him all the more.Edited by mehvy12 - 10 years ago
loveagni thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very well written Riya!!!
After reading ur post I too have started thinking like that...especially this line where u have written that jalal's condition are always to get close to jodha...its really worth thinking...must say u r a keen observer...keep it up!!!
SHARBI_NISHKA thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yeahh agree n m happy

SHARBI_NISHKA thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Star_girl

Dude. Awesome post. Now. When a guy, who claims he hates you, tries to touch you or get your to touch him at every freaking opportunity, when the usually logical guy seethes like a volcano around you, practically moves mountains to get married to you, looses his head over your refusal to kiss him back or obey him like a fool- tab samajho usse pyaar ho gaya pyaare. πŸ˜† Jalal is unique. Complex. His feelings for Jodha are also unique. Complex. And he does not even understand what he feels. He is so adorably lost. Did you see how the mirchi track went flying out of the window when Jodha merely mentions how she only cares about the reaction of her parents? He does not give a damn about the mirchi, he is irritated why the hell Jodha should care more about her parents. He wants her attention, her body, her everything to himself. This is a guy in love. Albeit, a very confused, possessive and morally questionable guy. But adorable nonetheless. πŸ˜† 

agree with u word for word

princessonline thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Star_girl

Thank you! I agree with what you have said word for word. I especially love the example of the volcano. Very true when a guy likes you and is trying to flirt that is exactly what he does. He could have slept with her very easily by now, but he didn't because he feels something more for her which he doesn't feel for his other wives. He looks for beauty in all his others wives because he wants to sleep with them, but that is it. As Ruquiya said a while back she controls Jalal's mind not heart because Jalal does not possess one, which is as we all now know, is not true. His heart is controlled by Jodha as far as I can see. When he makes choices that have something to do with Jodha he does not use his brain. For example, he broke many rules for Jodha thus far. Every time he sets forth a condition he sets a condition for her that he can enjoy whereas Jodha sets a condition that will benefit her family or something that in the long run will be very essential to her.

As you said, the whole spice track did fly out the window when he realized she did not care for him as much as she did for her family. I feel he just wants to see care and love in Jodha's eyes for him. When he made Jodha feed him he did this whole charade of not being able to pick up the piece of chicken so he could get fed by Jodha. If he wanted to torture her or embarrass her in front of everyone he could have asked her forcefully to feed her and she would have to obey. Afterward, he let her know his hand was in perfect condition and all he was trying to do was get her to feed him. He's just looking for affection. Besides the wound he gave her, when he "tortures" her it's mostly harmless. He just has her do things that are intimate.

Maham Anga has told him "love is useless" and "relationships make you weak" and she being the person who has the most influence will make him believe the things that come out of her mouth that much more. I feel he, himself, believes that he does not have the capability to possess a heart, which is why he is so unsure of his feelings. That along with his ego and pride.

Thanks for commenting.

Riya 😊
Edited by princessonline - 10 years ago