Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

India-Forums

Were Jodha and Prtap related???? (Page 6)

iMini IF-Sizzlerz
iMini
iMini

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:17am | IP Logged
well..i am not a supporter of ending lives for the sake of 'honour'..

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mini.S

well..i am not a supporter of ending lives for the sake of 'honour'..

my comment was related about situation of a lady staying in that century. In 21st century we have every means to fight against injustice, but things were not like that at that time. Ok lets agree to not "ending lives for honour" according to you in that era, but was it justified to accept a man who married you for the sake of extending his kingdom, who married you for d sake of lives of ur brothers. Its easy to lodge a complain against such man today and it will be termed as torture. My point was had jodha really been respect worthy she wouldnt have stooped so low by accepting a man who married her on cost of something

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Intrepida

iMini IF-Sizzlerz
iMini
iMini

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:33am | IP Logged
well..anyways akbar would have then declared a war...causing loss of many more lives..and death of brothers??? was that a direct result of their marriage? ? Confused
iMini IF-Sizzlerz
iMini
iMini

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ratilal22192

Originally posted by Pari117

Originally posted by Marathi_Mulgi

tfs for all info shared
i feel very bad for jodha i found her like female lead of pinjar of amrita pritam
instead i found ruquiya more powerful

i dislike lady like jodha who slaughtered her self respect and embraced forced marriage, instead i feel if she would have done johur it would have been better. Jodha was not loved by akbar d way it is being showed in movies or show, she was just mother of akbar so was granted the title marium uz zamani, hence this title brought her all the powers, otherwise she even wouldn't have granted power to issue farman.
sad that i am reading this in 21st century..seriously ..ewww

yes I think it doesnt matter what century you are in, forced marriage has always been looked down at... yes in this century and in the 20th century people have ended their lives rather than be disgraced and violated (ex: Partition)Ouch
Even Draupadi raised her voice against Karna because she didnt want to marry him eventhough he technically could have won the swayamvar; because in the real sense it is the girl who chooses her groom not the other way around!Clap

raising your voice against forced marriage is worth appreciation.
Suiciding isn't .Period.
Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged

well..anyways akbar would have then declared a war...causing loss of many more lives..and death of brothers??? was that a direct result of their marriage? ? Confused

akbar was a cunning king who knew how to expand his empire. He started marriage alliance to collaborate with other territories. And jodha was one of the victim of akbar's tactics. Akbar was shrewd enough not to start war, he tried to strengthen his empire peacefully. You should read some history stuff it clearly mentions his strategies. And about jodha, even jahagir mentioned her as "i was born to my father's wife" he even didn't call jodha his mother. And in ain-e-akbari, akbar mentioned his immense love for ruqaiya.. He even felt guilt of having multiple wives, he wished he never married anyone else other than ruqaiya

Intrepida

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ratilal22192

Originally posted by Pari117

Originally posted by Marathi_Mulgi

tfs for all info shared
i feel very bad for jodha i found her like female lead of pinjar of amrita pritam
instead i found ruquiya more powerful

i dislike lady like jodha who slaughtered her self respect and embraced forced marriage, instead i feel if she would have done johur it would have been better. Jodha was not loved by akbar d way it is being showed in movies or show, she was just mother of akbar so was granted the title marium uz zamani, hence this title brought her all the powers, otherwise she even wouldn't have granted power to issue farman.
sad that i am reading this in 21st century..seriously ..ewww

yes I think it doesnt matter what century you are in, forced marriage has always been looked down at... yes in this century and in the 20th century people have ended their lives rather than be disgraced and violated (ex: Partition)Ouch
Even Draupadi raised her voice against Karna because she didnt want to marry him eventhough he technically could have won the swayamvar; because in the real sense it is the girl who chooses her groom not the other way around!Clap

raising your voice against forced marriage is worth appreciation.
Suiciding isn't .Period.

we are talking of present. But if suppose raising voice was bravery then why didn't jodha escape away from that marriage?

Intrepida

iMini IF-Sizzlerz
iMini
iMini

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:48am | IP Logged
ok ..so according to you akbar never fought a war...
also,
lets assume jodha suicided,
then what? akbar would have married her younger sister for expansion of his territory. Then according to your logic,even she should have suicided..seriously ..
Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:52am | IP Logged

ok ..so according to you akbar never fought a war...
also,
lets assume jodha suicided,
then what? akbar would have married her younger sister for expansion of his territory. Then according to your logic,even she should have suicided..seriously ..

no akbar did fight. He fought war with the ones who never bowed down to him, like maharana pratap. Akbar tried very hard to control him and make him bow down but the brave pratap never did so akbar attacked his reign. I'm not saying it would have been bravery in committing suicide but it was definately coward side of hers to surrender herself

Intrepida

Go to top