Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

India-Forums

Were Jodha and Prtap related???? (Page 3)

NandiniRaizadaa IF-Stunnerz
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Cherry  Akbar had not married a cristian

Jahangir refers to his mother the woman who gave him birth as Marium  in his biography Tuglaqe - Jahangiri.

Actually jodhabai was not the real name of the rajput princess that Abar married. Her name was harkha kunwar or heera bai kunvar 

jodha name wasgiven to her by 18th century historians

Actually jodha bai was the name of Salim/ Jahangir's wife whose son Shahjahan became king after jahangir

Akbar's three main wifes were

Rukkaiya begum 
Marium- Ur- Zamini or heera kunvar or now called jodha bai
Saleema bagum

Importance of Marium is only that she gave Akbar a son when no other wife could 

Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 21 August 2013 at 1:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Marathi_Mulgicherryberry293MsPrez

MsPrez IF-Sizzlerz
MsPrez
MsPrez

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 1:54am | IP Logged
I totally agree with Nandini!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NandiniRaizadaa

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cherryberry293

Originally posted by Pari117

Cherryberry i agree to what you said. Pratap and uday singh are some of the bright faces of our historical background who were the believer to die rather than surrender before mughals. I don't think jodha and pratap are related in spite of the fact that they were rajputs, which even is not clear that jodha was a rajputani, as many historians claim there was no queen named jodha who was married to akbar. And if we talk about bravery, rajputs can kill themselves but can't put their self respect on stake. I don't know if you all heard about rani padmini or not, alaudin khilji came to know about beauty of hers, he waious to keep the queen in his harem so went to raja ratan singh to allow him to look upon her beauty telling lie that he consider padmini as his sister. After seeing padmini, he got mesmerized to marry her and keep her in harem (as akbar felt for jodha) but unlike jodha, brave padmini didn't surrender,when alaudin khilji attacked the fort and entered palaces what he found was only ashes and bones of that brave lady. Padmini died but proved that woman isn't so weak to let her get used by someone for his lust.. My salute for such woman, seriels must be made on rani padmini to glorify her bravery, but they make shows on the woman who surrender themselves and embrace forced marriages. I feel proud our India has woman like Padmini

Absolutely right... Nd there was a serial on Rani Padmini , Sony telecasted it long back but unfortunately it didn't work
There's noch mention of Jodha in Akbar's history... Ruquiya Begum was his first wife & very important person in his life. Ruquiya was involved in his political career, Akbar used to consult wid her...

Nd I won't agree dat there was some kind of love story of Akbar nd Jodha... Yeah she was vital part only nd only Bcoz she gave him son... Dats it...

She wasn't brave or anything like Jhansi ki Rani or Queen Padmini or Queen Tarabai

yes so true dear. I love ur comments as usual i've said this many time Embarrassed and you are right jodha was important just as mother of jahangir nothing else, love or change in akbar was all cooked. Jodha was not even brave like other ladies who performed johar and died before being molested or being physically forced. I feel Jodha just surrendered herself, she would have been said brave if she would have fought for her self respect. She was sold by her father for saving his kingdom and she accepted that forced marriage. That was not at all respectful act. Another things is neither ain-e-akbari not tuzuk-e-jahangiri appreciates of jodha. She is just regarded as one who gave birth to jahangir, even jahagir mentioned that he was born to his father's wife mariam uz zamani. See the irony he didn't even regard her as his mother. That only defines importance of jodha

..KarnaKriti..cherryberry293Marathi_Mulgi

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazygul

u all remember dat tittle track of show based on Rani padmini .. sansaar jauhar k liye tujhe devi keh k bulayega... i luv this line.. kitni bahadur thi !!

sach me i feel like saluting that lady. Its better to die than seeing ur self respect being ripped off. Salute to rani padmini, she inspires womanhood

..KarnaKriti..cherryberry293Marathi_Mulgi

catalan Senior Member
catalan
catalan

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 2:45am | IP Logged
May be Jodha /Akbar love track was popularised only by film producers. with Aishwarya and hritik, they made the characters as if the events were real.   

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Marathi_Mulgicherryberry293

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Yeah @catalan i don't find any great mentions of jodha before ja movie. These movies play a big role in making or breaking our mind. So dats the only reason jodha was too much glorified otherwise may it be aineakbari or tuzukejahangiri jodha was never appreciated much other than mentions about being mother of jahangir

Marathi_Mulgi

cherryberry293 IF-Dazzler
cherryberry293
cherryberry293

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by catalan

May be Jodha /Akbar love track was popularised only by film producers. with Aishwarya and hritik, they made the characters as if the events were real.

Exactly!!!!

Ashutosh Gowarikar presented Jodha-Akbar in d form of Hritik nd Ash which made everyone to think as if it was true

Marathi_Mulgi

cherryberry293 IF-Dazzler
cherryberry293
cherryberry293

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Cherry Akbar had not married a cristian

Jahangir refers to his mother the woman who gave him birth as Marium in his biography Tuglaqe - Jahangiri.

Actually jodhabai was not the real name of the rajput princess that Abar married. Her name was harkha kunwar or heera bai kunvar

jodha name wasgiven to her by 18th century historians

Actually jodha bai was the name of Salim/ Jahangir's wife whose son Shahjahan became king after jahangir

Akbar's three main wifes were

Rukkaiya begum
Marium- Ur- Zamini or heera kunvar or now called jodha bai
Saleema bagum

Importance of Marium is only that she gave Akbar a son when no other wife could

Thanks 4 d info Nandini Smile

Marathi_Mulgi

Go to top