Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

India-Forums

Were Jodha and Prtap related???? (Page 21)

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Clumsy_Wings

How is Amer Princesss a coward? IF you rather kill yourself than rather than marrying your enemy as of a way saving your kingdom and their people, I see thar more as a selfish act. King Bharmal had given his word, and the girlhad no choice. I am not saying everyone is a Saint, but what Princess of Amer did was no wrong. IF my price can save my home, and keep my people safe like Harkha, I would take that step and sacrifice myself. Yes, self respect is important, but sometime it's better to think twice before making another move.

^ true that. The hindu kings did nothing except fight among themselves. Other kings may have blamed Amer for giving their daughter.. but it was a small kingdom, it was not like the mughals were the only ones who could have taken it. They kept on fighting among themselves which subsequently weakened them, paving the way for foreign invasion.

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

How is Amer Princesss a coward? IF you rather kill yourself than rather than marrying your enemy as of a way saving your kingdom and their people, I see thar more as a selfish act. King Bharmal had given his word, and the girlhad no choice. I am not saying everyone is a Saint, but what Princess of Amer did was no wrong. IF my price can save my home, and keep my people safe like Harkha, I would take that step and sacrifice myself. Yes, self respect is important, but sometime it's better to think twice before making another move.

yes but accepting a forced marriage is crime itself. But thankfully jodha never accepted akbar, as we see in ain-e-akbari dat akbar himself said in middle age dat he wished he never married anyone else other dan ruqaiya, ruqaiya was always his favorite. Even jahangir in his book called jodha as his father's wife. He mentioned he was born to his father's wife, dat speaks volumes abt sour akbar and jodha relations. And as someone mentioned here dat jodha was the one because of whom jahangir revolted akbar for throne. Ruqaiya brought jahangir close to akbar. I agree to ur views but i'm thankful that princess of amer nva did accepted this forced marriage wid heart. Her names are not mentioned prominently on pages of history but its a big prove dat she was not given much importance because she nva bowed down. And abt her power to issue farman, she was entitled marium uz zamani which granted her all major powers

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IntrepidaMsPrez

MsPrez IF-Sizzlerz
MsPrez
MsPrez

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Jodha created problems between Akbar and Jahangir?????
Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

^ true that. The hindu kings did nothing except fight among themselves. Other kings may have blamed Amer for giving their daughter.. but it was a small kingdom, it was not like the mughals were the only ones who could have taken it. They kept on fighting among themselves which subsequently weakened them, paving the way for foreign invasion.

hey you can't target hindu kings like that? What you will say abt jahangir who revolted his own father just for throne? Even mughals fought for the throne, its just that akbar was really a cunning king who smartly collaborated kingdoms into his reign, you can't blame amer telling it small. Maharana pratap had 20000 people in his army and akbar had 80000 people yet the brave pratap fought against them. Its not about peace or saving life, its about ur motherland. Why didn't we accepted britishers rule? Why did we revolt? Guys i just wish you all not to corelate any show with our history, its not d same which is being shown. Our motherland matters more than anything, had our soldiers thought about peace and comfort we would have been taken into clutch by other countries long back

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Intrepida

Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tarza

Jodha created problems between Akbar and Jahangir?????

yes someone wrote in thread dat der was influence of jodha for jahangir revolting against akbar for throne
iMini IF-Sizzlerz
iMini
iMini

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
@pari,
don't misunderstand autumnrose
as far as your conc3rn for mother land,there are peaceful ways to attain your goal too

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn_Rose

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pari117

yes but accepting a forced marriage is crime itself. But thankfully jodha never accepted akbar, as we see in ain-e-akbari dat akbar himself said in middle age dat he wished he never married anyone else other dan ruqaiya, ruqaiya was always his favorite. Even jahangir in his book called jodha as his father's wife. He mentioned he was born to his father's wife, dat speaks volumes abt sour akbar and jodha relations. And as someone mentioned here dat jodha was the one because of whom jahangir revolted akbar for throne. Ruqaiya brought jahangir close to akbar. I agree to ur views but i'm thankful that princess of amer nva did accepted this forced marriage wid heart. Her names are not mentioned prominently on pages of history but its a big prove dat she was not given much importance because she nva bowed down. And abt her power to issue farman, she was entitled marium uz zamani which granted her all major powers

Akbar never WROTE that. It has been said that he expressed, that had he been more sensible he needn't have taken another wife.

I have read akbarnama as well, it doesn't exactly talk about his wives, the name of daniyal's mother isn't disclosed either. It only talks about his political conquests. You cannot say that she never accepted akbar. rukayya and mariam weren't his only wives. Salima was another important woman as well.
Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pari117

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

hey you can't target hindu kings like that? What you will say abt jahangir who revolted his own father just for throne? Even mughals fought for the throne, its just that akbar was really a cunning king who smartly collaborated kingdoms into his reign, you can't blame amer telling it small. Maharana pratap had 20000 people in his army and akbar had 80000 people yet the brave pratap fought against them. Its not about peace or saving life, its about ur motherland. Why didn't we accepted britishers rule? Why did we revolt? Guys i just wish you all not to corelate any show with our history, its not d same which is being shown. Our motherland matters more than anything, had our soldiers thought about peace and comfort we would have been taken into clutch by other countries long back

I'm not targeting anyone. My point is, this how politics work. Maharana Pratap was a hero to the country, true. But there is a reason why there isn't much unity in our country.

Maharana Pratap chose to fight,  because he felt it was the right thing to do. Bharamal did what he felt was right, he thought it was wiser to resort to more peaceful methods. It's a matter of perception. 

I see no comparison between the britishers and the mughals. Britishers merely looted our country. Mughals have considerably contributed to Indian art, architecture, music and culture as a whole. 

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 31 August 2013 at 12:41pm

Go to top