Were Jodha and Prtap related???? - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
May be Jodha /Akbar love track was popularised only by film producers. with Aishwarya and hritik, they made the characters as if the events were real.   
Yeah @catalan i don't find any great mentions of jodha before ja movie. These movies play a big role in making or breaking our mind. So dats the only reason jodha was too much glorified otherwise may it be aineakbari or tuzukejahangiri jodha was never appreciated much other than mentions about being mother of jahangir
Originally posted by catalan

May be Jodha /Akbar love track was popularised only by film producers. with Aishwarya and hritik, they made the characters as if the events were real.

Exactly!!!!

Ashutosh Gowarikar presented Jodha-Akbar in d form of Hritik nd Ash which made everyone to think as if it was true
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Cherry Akbar had not married a cristian

Jahangir refers to his mother the woman who gave him birth as Marium in his biography Tuglaqe - Jahangiri.

Actually jodhabai was not the real name of the rajput princess that Abar married. Her name was harkha kunwar or heera bai kunvar

jodha name wasgiven to her by 18th century historians

Actually jodha bai was the name of Salim/ Jahangir's wife whose son Shahjahan became king after jahangir

Akbar's three main wifes were

Rukkaiya begum
Marium- Ur- Zamini or heera kunvar or now called jodha bai
Saleema bagum

Importance of Marium is only that she gave Akbar a son when no other wife could

Thanks 4 d info Nandini 😊
Originally posted by cherryberry293

Exactly!!!!

Ashutosh Gowarikar presented Jodha-Akbar in d form of Hritik nd Ash which made everyone to think as if it was true

may be both ja are fictions but i'll say movie was far far better. Hritik was really a genuine ruler, his king's acting and voice was best too.. Aish was gracious as jodha as well. She very well suited in queen avtar, strong personality and voice. I dun like ekta kapoor jodha, her voice is low and dull and can't feel the strong matured attitude as well, i don't watch ekta version of ja its so fictional. Ja movie was far far better
Recent reports state that Akbar never really had a love story with any of his wife as he was busy consolidationg Mughal empire.

But he took advice from his cousin and first wife Ruqaiah Begum and Jehangir and Shah Jahan also were brought up under her guidance. Jehangir respected his mother a lot if you read Jehangir's autobiography in english but he took advice from Ruqaiah and speaks very fondly of his step mother.

One version is that Harka Bhai(Jodha's real name) or Mariam ul Zumani hated Akbar because he had defeated Rajputs andshe was forced in this marriage. Jehangir was lost between his parents conflicts and hence he was very close to his grand mom Hamida and step mom Ruqaiah and also Salima. In the book he also speaks very fondly of his three brothers and mentions many of his sisters. All his brothers and sisters were either his half brothers or step brothers/sisters. There seems to be no rivalry between Salim and his brothers for throne like in later generations.

If you visit Taj Mahal etc you get to see potraits of him sitting and watching elephant races with his brothers etc. Jodha Bai is actually Jehangir's first wife and mother of Shah Jahan.  In the book you also find he is a naturalist and more interested in observing nature, anthrologist and animals etc.
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago
Originally posted by myviewprem

Recent reports state that Akbar never really had a love story with any of his wife as he was busy consolidationg Mughal empire.
yes its true, i think jodha was creation of ashutosh govarikar, because i myself think that no girl can accept forced marriage like that. And there has been more mentions abt ruqqaiya in ain-e-akbari

But he took advice from his cousin and first wife Ruqaiah Begum and Jehangir and Shah Jahan also were brought up under her guidance.
yeah you said it all, ruqqaiya was the most important of all, and akbar even mentioned that he feels guilt of having many wives, he must have been with his first wife and would have taken over monogamy.. And as i already mentioned even jahangir calls jodha as his father's wife.. He doesn't regard her as his mother

Jehangir respected his mother a lot if you read Jehangir's autobiography in english but he took advice from Ruqaiah and speaks very fondly of his step mother.
as far as i read the extracts i found that he mentions jodha as his father's mother, there has been no great mentions of jodha in tuzuk-e-jahangiri

One version is that Harka Bhai(Jodha's real name) or Mariam ul Zumani hated Akbar because he had defeated Rajputs andshe was forced in this marriage.
i can expect this to be true because akbar forced her for this marriage. Had she really never accepted akbar then its really a pride.. Because no woman can accept forced marriages

Jehangir was lost between his parents conflicts and hence he was very close to his grand mom Hamida and step mom Ruqaiah and also Salima.
really? Pls tell me more about it. I love history and i would like to know. I too feel that there might be reasons for his closeness to ruqqaiya, and i'm convinced by what you said

In the book he also speaks very fondly of his three brothers andmentions manyof his sisters. All his brothers and sisters were either his half brothers or step brothers/sisters.There seems to be norivalry between Salim and his brothers for throne like in later generations.
If you visitTaj Mahal etcyou get to see potraits of him sitting and watching elephant races with his brothers etc.Jodha Bai is actuallyJehangir's first wife and mother of Shah Jahan.In the book you also find he is a naturalist and more interested in observing nature, anthrologist and animals etc.

my answers in bold
@cherryberry293

i totally agree with you there was no kind of love story between jodha and akbar like (lila majnoo) 😃 yes he like her because she gave birth to his son but i think there was more then 2 wife in his life

Edited by mibaksh - 10 years ago
Akbar's favourite wife was Begum Ruqaiya Sultan.In his middle age he even wished he had married just once,to ruqaiya.She was foster mother to Jehangir.She didn't have any children on her own.
The only hindu wife akbar has had was Mariam...maybe she is jodha...no one exactly knows.
Originally posted by mibaksh

@cherryberry293

i totally agree with you there was no kind of love story between jodha and akbar like (lila majnoo) 😃 yes he like her because she gave birth to his son but i think there was more then 2 wife in his life

he had 36 wives in total.
6 of them had some degree of importance in courts,others just to build alliances...