Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

Were Jodha and Prtap related????

MsPrez thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Just wanted to know... were Jodha bai and Maharana Pratap Singh related somehow?
Because both were Rajputs.
And in Jodha Akber a track is coming where Maharana Pratap will be shown.

So, were Jodha and Pratap related??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cherryberry293 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tarza

Just wanted to know... were Jodha bai and Maharana Pratap Singh related somehow?
Because both were Rajputs.
And in Jodha Akber a track is coming where Maharana Pratap will be shown.

So, were Jodha and Pratap related??

There was only one relation that both were Rajputs... But MP fought for his country, for his men... It wasn't d same for Jodha's family... Jodha had to compromise nd got married wid Akbar.

Search her history, u will find only her importance as salim's mother... She didn't had any place in her sons life also, Salim was mostly loved nd controlled by Ruquiya Begum ...

Mp was brave nd never compromised for anything ...

And coming to that show then... They say in start itself dat its a fictional show, so I don't think viewers of it needs to apply any brain/ logic / facts/ history etc...
Anything can be showed in it... MP cud play Jodha's childhood frnd nd lover (THIS CUD HAPPEN ... aisa I Feel)

MsPrez thumbnail
Originally posted by: cherryberry293

There was only one relation that both were Rajputs... But MP fought for his country, for his men... It wasn't d same for Jodha's family... Jodha had to compromise nd got married wid Akbar.

Search her history, u will find only her importance as salim's mother... She didn't had any place in her sons life also, Salim was mostly loved nd controlled by Ruquiya Begum ...

Mp was brave nd never compromised for anything ...

And coming to that show then... They say in start itself dat its a fictional show, so I don't think viewers of it needs to apply any brain/ logic / facts/ history etc...
Anything can be showed in it... MP cud play Jodha's childhood frnd nd lover (THIS CUD HAPPEN ... aisa I Feel)

Did Ruqaiya love Salim(Jahangir) genuienly or like Bhatyani??
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
No Jodha and pratap was not related in the near relations sense but if we will go down the entire family tree there may be some distant relation
Taraza Ruqaiyaa was a good womanand not like bhatiyani Salim gave his son khuram later shahjahan to her to raise
Pari117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Cherryberry i agree to what you said. Pratap and uday singh are some of the bright faces of our historical background who were the believer to die rather than surrender before mughals. I don't think jodha and pratap are related in spite of the fact that they were rajputs, which even is not clear that jodha was a rajputani, as many historians claim there was no queen named jodha who was married to akbar. And if we talk about bravery, rajputs can kill themselves but can't put their self respect on stake. I don't know if you all heard about rani padmini or not, alaudin khilji came to know about beauty of hers, he was anxious to keep the queen in his harem so went to raja ratan singh to allow him to look upon her beauty telling lie that he consider padmini as his sister. After seeing padmini, he got mesmerized to marry her and keep her in harem (as akbar felt for jodha) but unlike jodha, brave padmini didn't surrender, when alaudin khilji attacked the fort and entered palaces what he found was only ashes and bones of that brave lady. Padmini died but proved that woman isn't so weak to let her get used by someone for his lust.. My salute for such woman, seriels must be made on rani padmini to glorify her bravery, but they make shows on the woman who surrender themselves and embrace forced marriages. I feel proud our India has woman like PadminiEdited by Pari117 - 10 years ago
MsPrez thumbnail
Thanks to all of you for giving such great information!!!
cherryberry293 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pari117

Cherryberry i agree to what you said. Pratap and uday singh are some of the bright faces of our historical background who were the believer to die rather than surrender before mughals. I don't think jodha and pratap are related in spite of the fact that they were rajputs, which even is not clear that jodha was a rajputani, as many historians claim there was no queen named jodha who was married to akbar. And if we talk about bravery, rajputs can kill themselves but can't put their self respect on stake. I don't know if you all heard about rani padmini or not, alaudin khilji came to know about beauty of hers, he waious to keep the queen in his harem so went to raja ratan singh to allow him to look upon her beauty telling lie that he consider padmini as his sister. After seeing padmini, he got mesmerized to marry her and keep her in harem (as akbar felt for jodha) but unlike jodha, brave padmini didn't surrender,when alaudin khilji attacked the fort and entered palaces what he found was only ashes and bones of that brave lady. Padmini died but proved that woman isn't so weak to let her get used by someone for his lust.. My salute for such woman, seriels must be made on rani padmini to glorify her bravery, but they make shows on the woman who surrender themselves and embrace forced marriages. I feel proud our India has woman like Padmini

Absolutely right... Nd there was a serial on Rani Padmini , Sony telecasted it long back but unfortunately it didn't work
There's noch mention of Jodha in Akbar's history... Ruquiya Begum was his first wife & very important person in his life. Ruquiya was involved in his political career, Akbar used to consult wid her...

Nd I won't agree dat there was some kind of love story of Akbar nd Jodha... Yeah she was vital part only nd only Bcoz she gave him son... Dats it...

She wasn't brave or anything like Jhansi ki Rani or Queen Padmini or Queen Tarabai

cherryberry293 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Taraza Ruqaiyaa was a good womanand not like bhatiyani Salim gave his son khuram later shahjahan to her to raise

Yeah Ruquiya was a good person.
Akbar had 3 wives from 3 diff religions:

First was Ruqaiyaa Begum, who was his childhood frnd nd dearest wife, she was intelligent, nd diplomat who had a important place in Mughal darbar.

Second was Jodha Bai who was Hindu princess nd married to Akbar under a treaty

Nd third one is Marium Jumani, who was Christian...

No dear Marium Zamii and jodha bai are same