India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

What is love?

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Okay, I am sitting at an airport with nothing better to do. So. I thought to seek answer to this question that has been plaguing mankind since the beginning of time!

To me, love has no definition. You only describe what love makes you feel, what it represents maybe, but how can you define love?

Anyway, even the emotions that you feel are not constant nor are your expectations from love. You want to go crazy in love in your youth, to feel its warmth and security in middle age and the companionship it offers in old age. If you are lucky, you may find it all with same person! Or else, it may be different people at different points in time. No reason to feel guilty or ashamed. Contrary to what SRK said, love is not a once in a lifetime experience, just that it may last a lifetime if you are lucky enough! If not, you can still cherish the experience of experiencing the feelings it brings with different people. My post may seem immoral or unconventional to some. But the truth is love does not recognize these man-made restrictions. You may decide not to act on it to preserve social and family fabric. But that does not deny its very existence!

Why the hell did Ashutosh not fall in love with a so much more suitable Mallika or Nidhi with Rohan? Simply because that was not the will of love! And the will of man does not stand a chance in its face!

Anyway, while you are still young and able, go ahead and give yourself to the madness of love! Cynics may insist that the concept is too abstract and has no scientific basis. But then, love has to do with the soul! And there is no scientific basis for the soul either!

Sp. let your souls take flight in love! No matter that science has no faith in it! Science looks for God in particles after all! 

Tis better to have loved and lost

Then to have never loved at all!

Please feel to agree or disagree!

P.S - Like always, the cap providers are requested to provide lovey dovey images.

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 14 August 2013 at 9:55am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

amit1944ssktlkbc123456Diksha_1991shobha21suku_07sonyjknumVeni-Vidi-ViciJusticeDenied17

sonyjknum IF-Sizzlerz
sonyjknum
sonyjknum

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Pehle caps hi deti hoon,definition pe baad mein aati hoonLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bc123456Diksha_1991shobha21Sujatha.raosuku_07JusticeDenied17

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Donno what is love...People often outgrow a relationship and staying back will cause enormous heartbreak. I don't subscribe to Yash Chopra movie- wala concept of love. 

The qualities one wants to find in a partner never remains constant...splits though painful are a part of 'love'...

Sometimes I do feel that there is no such thing as love... it is affection with an expiry date

I somehow feel that Ashutosh and Nidhi will drift away after a few years( if the story continues)...Ashu won't go back to Mallika ...but emotional detachment will surely come into the picture

P.S I am at my cynical best today

Edited by Vidishaa - 14 August 2013 at 10:15am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bc123456Sujatha.raosonyjknum

JusticeDenied17 IF-Addictz
JusticeDenied17
JusticeDenied17

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Kya baat hain.. Sujathaji.. So missed your posts .. The discussions so lively ..

Just don't disappear on us again ..

Caps will be provided a bit later from my end ..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bc123456Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vidishaa

Donno what is love...People often outgrow a relationship and staying back will cause enormous heartbreak. I don't subscribe to Yash Chopra movie- wala concept of love. 

The qualities one wants to find in a partner never remains constant...splits though painful are a part of 'love'...

Sometimes I do feel that there is no such thing as love... it is affection with an expiry date

P.S I am at my cynical best today

Whoever is saying that it will last a lifetime...of course it comes with no guarantees...enjoy it while it lasts..

Your heart may get broken once or multiple times but the experience is truly worth the pain...at least I believe so!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 14 August 2013 at 10:18am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Veni-Vidi-Vicisonyjknum

sonyjknum IF-Sizzlerz
sonyjknum
sonyjknum

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:19am | IP Logged
What is love ,well cant be defined here,its to be felt,may be our caring for someone is love,feeling comfortable with each other is love,willing to change ourselves a bit is love,and yes it changes itself with time,its something different when we are teenagers,full of dreams and raring to go,but as we settle down in our lives we see love in a completely different perspective
I have grown up watching Yash Chopra movies ,but love in real life is different,though love those romantic movies but feelings in real life are somehow different

bc123456Sujatha.raomudraswathi

jyotinayana Senior Member
jyotinayana
jyotinayana

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Emotions that you feel or your expectations from love are not constant  Very aptly put  So what? Is anything constant in life at all?  We ourselves are changing every moment, , sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse      Our love if we are lucky to find it will also change hopefully to fulfil our expectations and I don't mean just romantic love

Sujatha.raosonyjknummudraswathi

bc123456 IF-Dazzler
bc123456
bc123456

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 11:26am | IP Logged
What is love ? Such an abstract thought , at times the crazy feeling that u can't do without that person the world revolves around him ,then probably as time goes bye not so intense ,maybe a feeling of comfort that person is there , and when u loose that person , intense heart breaking grief , why does love matter so much , why do we surrender are souls so much that it takes ages to come back to yourself , despite this we are ever ready to give , to feel the completeness of the soul ,
Why despite all our convictions and strength has God created us this way , that each person is incomplete in themselves , and needs someone else to complete u 
Love is a first sigh of spring , the warmth after a cold harsh winter , the gentle feeling that sheilds u from the harshness of life, love can also be the insatiable longing , the intense passion , Wink
Wink
Love Khalil Gibran words:-
"When love beckons to you follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you believe in him, Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden. For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth...

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure, Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor, Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears. Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love. And think not you can direct the course of love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself."

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires: To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully." Blowing a kiss animated emoticon

Edited by bc123456 - 14 August 2013 at 11:44am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jyotinayanaSujatha.raosonyjknummudraswathiJusticeDenied17

Go to top