Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: hotdogg

arshi...

some first impressions..

I checked the credits in the beginning when they were flashing below..it still mentions SLB as creative head..but wonder if that's an oversight...

I felt that overall this has definitely moved into a fast forward mode ...either to wrap this up in sep or get saras-kumud together and move to conventional tracks..

- SLB can go out and channel would agree only if the channel does not want to continue his vision..and he's fed-up fighting everyday
- new PH has its own show to cater / nurture ...IPK2
- new PH is a stand by / surrogate...Why will it take the baggage of the past and which is a high cost item to maintain
- So maybe its mandate is to finish where SLB left (maybe in a huff) in Sep?

1) Why was BD pleading and getting all melodramatic?
- Was he hinting today that he's made a mistake and willing to free kumud from her marriage once she returns..."I thought it will make a difference if he married you, but I don't see any change" dialogue
- Has he come to know about saraswatichandra...the way he was pushing saras to go to RN?

2) I  remember saras folding the paper kumud wrote the poetry on in his pocket the night of the convo...I remember because my thought at that time was "thank god...now kalika can't find that out"
- Is this some sort of creative license to build the case for Alak's sudden 'concern' on kumud's plight? And evenutally support BD?

3) Old characters written off making a convenient comeback (Umesh)...pramad coming to knw about saraswatichandra...wouldn't it be obvious now...the way this character was found...the same type of names...the meaning of naveen...

4) Unrelenting DB...who still doesn't believe kumud...and will try to force a candid discussion out of her...and her earlier sudden awakening that if kumud is not happy she will not be sent back

5) Leading to...a potential explosion at Desai's courtesy 

6) Leading to the saras saving...and all is well...

I feel we are still moving towards a closure in Sep as has been reported..

...either the new PH will end it with same story with a happy twist...or it will close out all the novel shovel alignment ...and take it towards a saas-bahu travails...with a saras-kumud married off and facing earth shaking problems of 'what garba puja dress I will wear...and danny's wife who is a westernised b@*^h wants to wear the same dress' types'...😵

So basically, in both scenarios, the show is over as far as we are concerned! 

Ipk announcement was flashed during SC, annoying! 

But if the show was to end in Sept, new PH may not have been brought in 

After all renegotiating contracts etc for a month may be too much pain

Which means Saas Bahu saga coming on

As I said, for us it's the end of the story!

Next couple of weeks should decide it for us. 

Isn't there an obligation, legal, moral ethical to not deviate from a story so horrendously ? 
Edited by arshicritic - 10 years ago
happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Arshi... Loved your CB,.. but have to say that as the days go by the show itself is losing its sparkle, Its now a week since we had that intense Saras-Kumud episode (last Wednesday), and over a month since the Kumud wedding episode aired (July 11) ... 

There is a lack of cohesion and vision in the screenplay... As Hgg mentioned, Saras folded that paper away so securely before putting it in his pocket there ws no way it ws going to re-appear in the show in such a pristine state.. Did they not even know what they planned to show a week hence?

And even the story line seems to dither and stutter, with Alak and BD zigzagging all over the place...Is BD unaware that sending Saras to mind Pramad is like showing a red rag to a raging bull? If BD does guess at the truth about Saras/Navin then the decision to send him is even weirder...😕

Making a good job of SC was difficult for the PH... But now that they seem to be taking the easy botch-potch route, watching the show is becoming more and more difficult... If they bring out a DVD set, they should probably stop with (last) Wednesday's episode!😲

Btw, Arshi, I spent time Twittering today in honour of the GR B'day and I found a gem there... this is a VM... I ws impressed enough to make a thread for it and wd recommend it to all CB-wale... The thread is called Vintage Fusion VM-Nutan & Gautam... Have a peep when you can. ðŸ˜Š

Edited by happychappy - 10 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: kaadal

Arshi loved your CB today. Chor ko sawa chor se hi milna tha, koyi aur nahi mila saare RN mein. Abh Saraswathichandra ki kahani Pramad ko bhi patha chalna hi tha, let us see what Kumud has to say about this. And you are so right sab ke sab ande ho gaye, Guniyal bhi 😲 but I am hoping Dughbaa reads Kumud's eyes, the slowness of her feet moving forward and then the quickness with which she hugged her. I am not happy with this emotional blackmail of BD. I felt his acts are more selfish than trust in Saras. I liked your CB better than the episode today.

Ek parda daal di apno se bhi
Abh unse bhi begane hogayi
Sach ya jhoot socha nahi
Bas sab ki laaj rakna chahi

Do kadam peeche tho do kadam aage
Gale tho laga lee apno ko
Lekin vo do akhiya,use kya samjaye
Dhoondthe hai sab ke chehrom mein
Darthe hai har ek ke sawalom pe...

Forgot to ask, from yesterday something is eating my mind. Do people in village too do grah pravesh and walk inside the house with high sandals ? I found it so out of place and that too in Kumud's feet. Today was even worse when her feet was shown near Dughbaa. Have we lost SC to SP's series of daily saaga's ?

Lovely words from you again Kaadal,

Kumud's footwear - yes very out of place, and somehow doesn't go with her persona, and it was ugly anyway. 

But for pag phera, in north, there's no need to take off your foot wear at the door, but in Gujarat, what is the rasam, maybe hgg or smrth can enlighten us. 

But she is wearing a blouse in the same style as her pre marriage blouses, so that is significant 

Buns have given way to hair left open 

Saras always liked her in hair in a choti, so if the choti and kamarbund make a comeback, it will be a strong sign! 
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: happychappy

Hi Arshi... Loved your CB,.. but have to say that as the days go by the show itself is losing its sparkle, Its now a week since we had that intense Saras-Kumud episode (last Wednesday), and over a month since the Kumud wedding episode aired (July 11) ... 

There is a lack of cohesion and vision in the screenplay... As Hgg mentioned, Saras folded that paper away so securely before putting it in his pocket there ws no way it ws going to re-appear in the show in such a pristine state.. Did they not even know what they planned to show a week hence?

And even the story line seems to dither and stutter, with Alak and BD zigzagging all over the place...Is BD unaware that sending Saras to mind Pramad is like showing a red rag to a raging bull? If BD does guess at the truth about Saras/Navin then the decision to send him is even weirder...😕

Making a good job of SC was difficult for the PH... But now that they seem to be taking the easy botch-potch route, watching the show is becoming more and more difficult... If they bring out a DVD set, they should probably stop with (last) Wednesday's episode!😲

Btw, Arshi, I spent time Twittering today in honour of the GR B'day and I found a gem there... this is a VM... I ws impressed enough to make a thread for it and wd recommend it to all CB-wale... The thread is called Vintage Fusion VM-Nutan & Gautam... Have a peep when you can. ðŸ˜Š

True happychappy, the show seems to be like a drunk choo choo train, changing tracks haphazardly. I think the next 10-15 days will make the future clear as far as we re concerned! 

khanrocks thumbnail
Sc got a 2 month extension New ph taken over raj conformed it
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
not to be too cynical...but it definitely looks like that arshi..

Also even now a sep-end scenario is still on the table...the new PH could also do this for free / reduced charges...the infrastructure / set is ready and paid up for by SLB / SP..and which is like an empty airline seat which is useless for the airline once the plane's taken off..so it / SP could simply pay a rental to SLB/ SP...and finish the story...

sort of a top-up..since it wants its show ...IPK2 ...with SP...remember our earlier discussions on TRPs...the PH has a product ready and wants a buyer...and SP is a big buyer with a legacy of IPK to boot!

...coz all said and done both SP &SLB had at one stage staked their prestige on this show...from a legacy point of view they would want it to at least end and not remain a noticeable failure which it would be if it ended abruptly...

on obligations...there is no business like show business!!!...if obligations made at the start mattered to all parties responsible for this debacle we would not be in this state today!

😉

khanrocks thumbnail
But new ph will look after it now
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: hotdogg

not to be too cynical...but it definitely looks like that arshi..

Also even now a sep-end scenario is still on the table...the new PH could also do this for free / reduced charges...the infrastructure / set is ready and paid up for by SLB / SP..and which is like an empty airline seat which is useless for the airline once the plane's taken off..so it / SP could simply pay a rental to SLB/ SP...and finish the story...

sort of a top-up..since it wants its show ...IPK2 ...with SP...remember our earlier discussions on TRPs...the PH has a product ready and wants a buyer...and SP is a big buyer with a legacy of IPK to boot!

...coz all said and done both SP &SLB had at one stage staked their
prestige on this show...from a legacy point of view they would want it
to at least end and not remain a noticeable failure which it would be if
it ended abruptly...

on obligations...there is no business like show business!!!...if obligations made at the start mattered to all parties responsible for this debacle we would not be in this state today!

😉

Acc to khanrocks in the post above, its a 2 mth extension. That means till october end or so. So maybe the story moves in ff and is completed.

Edited by arshicritic - 10 years ago
khanrocks thumbnail
Trps have increased might get longer extension
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: khanrocks

But new ph will look after it now

sure khan...

but the problems which beseiged the old PH have not gone away still...

the most significant one was probably a conflict of treatment and vision for the show between SLB & SP...and the other ones regarding contract terms, off-screen chemistry etc...

so new PH will change the vision, story and direct to what SP wants...and which is more high TRP aligned tracks...