India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Interesting read for history buffs - Jodha speaks

GaganLeenu Groupbie
GaganLeenu
GaganLeenu

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
I know this show is not intended to depict historical accuracy and neither do i want to put down anyone's views. Since this is a platform to share and discuss, i wanted to share an article that i came across.

It raises some very crucial questions about the history that is commonly depicted and how it is in reality.

Again, my apologies if i have hurt anyone's feelings. This is purely for discussion purposes.

thanks!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicazBrokengirlrasiya.yoga23priyamanzilmukulriyya6

dramacrazy12 Goldie
dramacrazy12
dramacrazy12

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Interesting read. With lack of proper records and history being open to interpretation, it is hard to know ...how much of Akbar-Jodha story was true and how much was a fantasy. However there are some cold hard truths

1)It was a time for bloodshed and no king specifically the one who dreamed to unifying the country could be an emotional fool. This means Akbar might have had to make some tough decisions and be ruthless in more ways than one. What is significant is that he chose to find alternative methods of securing his territory that included forging marital bonds. He was not the first king to do it nor will he be the last. King Philips, Alexander, Pharoahs, British royal family...almost the entire ruling class across the world used marriages to create lucrative bonds between powerful families and not all wives were empresses.

2)The fact is the princesses in that time were used a pawn and treated as broodmares. Jodha's life would have been no different if she had married a Rajput prince. Odds were he would have died fighting a war with Mughals at some point and she would have had to perform Sati/Jauhar. Would he have treated Jodha better...maybe...maybe not? As for her being married at 13 years...child marriage was prevalent in those times. The articles talks about Akbar's 5000 wives and his leachary...Were Rajput/Hindu king/princes monogamous? Did they not indulge in affairs, prostitution and extra marital affairs? Maybe not as blatantly as Mughals but still...

3) It does not matter what influence Jodha wielded on Akbar or how powerful she was...the fact remains that she brought a new perspective to Akbar...he became more accepting and lenient and an era of peace was ushered. Does it really matter if he did it for love or political reasons? He also made certain exceptions for her to help her adapt in her new life.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpmehvy12..Annie..doyelpakhi-Inferno-tara_211maanluvsgeetyoga23priyasmile.saraSonaLuvZaSafAutumn_RoseStar_girl_Poulomi_riyya6

smile.sara IF-Sizzlerz
smile.sara
smile.sara

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
i found it kind of funny ...lols

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Annie..Star_girlyoga23priya

doyelpakhi Goldie
doyelpakhi
doyelpakhi

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:04am | IP Logged
@ dramacrazy12

You have said it all!

As far as the age is concerned, then Harka Bai, daughter of Raja Bharmal, was of same age as Akbar. There are enough proof of it.

Secondly, if there exists any other queen named Jodha as many claim that Jodha Bai was the daughter of some other Rajput king, then we do not know what was the age of the lady when she got married to Akbar.

Nevertheless, most of the Rajput kings were willing to get into matrimonial alliance with the Mughal emperor...

only two Rajput kingdoms refused to send a bride to the Mughal harem despite being an ally - one was Ranthambore and another was ... ummm, I forgot the name . Ouch Sorry.

So the matrimonial alliance was not only Akbar's way of gratifying his lecherous intentions, but it was rather a business deal which the Rajput kings willingly accepted as they could exercise more power over the Emperor if there is a matrimonial alliance.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

larimel22..Annie..Autumn_Roseyoga23priyasmile.sara

LitleMissMuffet IF-Sizzlerz
LitleMissMuffet
LitleMissMuffet

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I can't say anything about ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yoga23priya

rinkyc Goldie
rinkyc
rinkyc

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
its funny..dere is no proper proof of dat times..infact I heard dat mughals and rajputs destroyed all evidences nd written ups..its all made up stories by film makers nd tv channels..nd guys take it as fiction bcz dey demselves saying it in disclaimer..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

larimel22..Annie..yoga23priya

smile.sara IF-Sizzlerz
smile.sara
smile.sara

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
yah khuda ...kia musibat hae... bass karo yah sab

Edited by smile.sara - 14 August 2013 at 10:25am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aanchal_cyoga23priya

..Annie.. Goldie
..Annie..
..Annie..

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
it looks like joke nothing more UnhappyDead

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aanchal_cyoga23priya

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index