Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

llMohit Raina AT 15~ll Happy Birthday Mohit Raina the Heartthrob (Page 140)

aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 23 September 2014 at 1:44am | IP Logged

@ Bold & Underlined.. for some reason that was never such a problem for me..bcoz i think  Mahadev's 100 % pure/chaste image is the result of our modern Indian hypocratic mentality.. now we have reached a stage where we brush some of the important attributes of our own gods under the carpet owing to our victorianized mentality..i remember when i first joined IF ( i joined it for DKDM) i did bring up this aspect of Mahadev in "current track discussion" thread & as expected, this topic did not go down very well with few members of the forum..they jumped into Mahadev's defence saying Mahadev is known as "AdiYogi" & not "AdiBhogi"..LOL..and i was just left startled looking at the sorry state of Modern Indian Mentality..we now attribute everything that is perceived "obscene" to the influence of "western culture"  when the opposite is actually true.. our modern "hypocracy" is the after effect of the Victorian influence..why do people often forget that Shiv-Shakthi are both regarded as the supreme male & female sexuality..yes, sex & sexuality too is a huge huge part of Shiv-Shakthi.. in fact there are several stories that highlight this aspect of Shiv-Shakthi..while Mahadev is worshipped as the phallic symbol "Lingam" , Mother Goddess too is worshipped in the form of "Yoni".. in fact the temple of Kamakhya Devi celebrates the life sustaining force 'menstruation' of the Goddess..but now a days these are just too explicit for our modern Indian mentality to deal with , we would rather not talk about it..   

About Mahadev, y do people often forget that Shiva has an extreme dual nature.. while on the one hand he can burn Kamdev with his third eye,on the other hand, there is no one except Parvati ( & err..Vishnu) who can stand or satisfy his immense sexual vigor..there is a reason why he is considered as an epitome of masculinity & worshipped as a Lingam..but we would rather not think about it & be more content with various intellectual interpretations ( which are equally true BTW ) of the Lingam & Yoni concept..

Now comes the question of, if a person like me is completely OK with such interpretations, y do I have a problem with Narayan's multiple rasleelas & affairs ?.. well the answer is, its not really just the rasleela that i m not that fond of, it is actually Narayan's 'rangeela' ( natkhat, mysterious) character that does not go down very well with me..& if u really think about it, Narayan never had any extra -marital affair per se since all of his consort's are considered as Lakshmi's incarnation in some way or the other ..& all that trickery for the greater good is ofcourse a very noble deed but i just do not feel that good about it..and this is where our "Bholenath" takes the cake..i like Shiva's straightforward nature..when he is angry, he is angry for a reason & when he is benevolent , there too is no limit..i like such crystal clear nature..it makes easier for me to trust this God..
[/QUOTE]                      Shocked I think this is one of the reason, our culture observes and accepts lord shiva as an ideal husband and not lord vishnu ,   though both mata lakshmi and mata parvati are considered and adored as ideal wives. in our  hindu culture, the bride and the bridegroom are considered as lakshminarayan during the ceremonies. but when it comes to the selection of a suitable husband, everyone wants a husband like lord shiva. but in case of boys,they want a wife like either mata lakshmi or parvatiSmile

aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 23 September 2014 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Shocked in some scriptures, tulsi is said to be an incarnation of mata lakshmi , while in some others,she to mentioned to be someone else. that''s why i am confused. moreover, dkdm is also showing her to be different and not a lakshmi-avtar. so  my confusion and anger reached its peak.                                            in the lakshmi puja handbook, it is mentioned that tulsi is a name of devi lakshmi. also i wonder,if she is not devi lakshmi,then why the shaligram shilas are named as----lakshminarayan, lakshmijanardan,lakshminarasimha,etc.
-Slytherclaw- IF-Sizzlerz
-Slytherclaw-
-Slytherclaw-

Posted: 23 September 2014 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Guys, enough!!!! We cannot have fights here or the threads will be closed!!! As far as I know, Mahadev and Narayan are everything and anything, they are sagun and nirgun so we cannot attribute them to one virtue as stated in Bhagvad Gita and Srmiad Bhagvatam!!!
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 23 September 2014 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Shocked mohit's AT became a fightclub for us, a spot  where the fight of dkdm vs puraanas are going on.                                                         chalo isi bahaane mohit ka AT highly active toh hua, main toh akele akele bore ho rahi thi is AT mein kuch months seWink
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 23 September 2014 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Smile mohit raina ka new AT shigra hee aarambh hone ka sanket mil raaha hai.Big smile
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Smile wonderful episode it was.loved lohitang 's pronouncement of ooom   ooom   ooomThumbs UpThumbs Up it was like the starting of a bike broom broomStar really awesome, and Mr. piplaad was mindblowing.Wink
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Smilemohit raina sir,take a bow  for your fantastic portrayal of mahadev.mahadev holding vindhyachal in his wrist was heavenly.Clap
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Smilemohit raina,keep entertaining us as lohitang and mesmerizing us as mahadevThumbs UpThumbs Up

Go to top