Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

llMohit Raina AT 15~ll Happy Birthday Mohit Raina the Heartthrob (Page 139)

rsnarula67 Senior Member
rsnarula67
rsnarula67

Posted: 21 September 2014 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

Ho Ho, interesting convo going on here ...

Not so knowlegeable me wants to put in her two pence worth ...

The thing is that in terms of Vishnu Lakshmi, I do not reall any story with a happy ending ...  at least not in the conventional sense.     In any case "happy ending" is not really the main thrust of these stories.  Each story is meant to teach us something - as Kaatayani rightly pointed out.  But more often than not we tend to get embroiled just in the literal story  (it's more fun that way, I admit).  In the case of the legends of Shiv Shakti ...  these are the stories that truly lends itself to "rose tinted glasses" ...  and of course with MR as Mahadev ... what can I say ...Embarrassed

With regard to the current track - UN is working his way somewhere in such a convoluted manner that I guess we lose not only the story but even the teaching behind it.  Thankfully most of us have some idea of the actual stories and what we don't know can be googled,  so I guess UN will not have an effect on our "manasthithi"LOL  what say?  Or do you guys think we will need Dr.Psycho..

Edited by rsnarula67 - 21 September 2014 at 10:27pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12Quixotic5kaatayani

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 September 2014 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rsnarula67

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 September 2014 at 12:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rsnarula67aparupanathkaatayanisbk2

hemavidz IF-Dazzler
hemavidz
hemavidz

Posted: 22 September 2014 at 6:40am | IP Logged
this place buzzing with some serious discussion here my VM to lighten up have a lookEmbarrassed

Edited by hemavidz - 22 September 2014 at 6:39am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rsnarula67aparupanathkaatayaniOtakuGirl-Debo

aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 22 September 2014 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaatayani

Originally posted by Quixotic5

Quite an interesting conversation goin on here..honestly, i am happy stalking Geek  but thought i ll post anyways..
hmm..well..i do agree with apararupath about certain things..Narayan's multiple affairs has always been a bone of contention for me, and i m not talking about DKDM in perticular, just in general, i never liked it..but as far as 'happy ending' is concerned, i dont think anybody needs to worry about it since thats probably how DKDM will sign off..and apararupath, as kaatyayni mentioned already, that Tulsi track is not going to be the last track..so dont worry, it wont end on a sad note..

this is why i have big issue in trusting Puraans.. and their authors.. i never understand their POV for Gods.. i found Shiva stalking Mohini equally appalling considering tht He is considered to be model husband and all that.. i am simply happy to take them as stories and see a bigger point for example as Vishnu violated Vrinda he was cursed.. of all our mythological gods Vihnu as we say crudely is "Rangeen"  or rather he has been portrayed thus... 

as regards to this particular individual's views.. well i am surprised that this person believes tht DKDM ends with Tulsi trackShocked for that matter it is not hard to see tht Tulsi is mere a subsidiary inclusive track in the greater story of Lohitang 

hey, i    know it well    that  the last  few episodes will     be based on    lohitang's part  entirely   but   that  story is also  a part of this  track   only.  what's wrong here  , i  just wanted the  tulsi-part to end in september coz among the   three[lohitang,nigasth   and shankhchud, ]shankhchud is going to  die f first. and regarding  vrinda, she was the purvjanm of tulsi.it means   har  janm mein vishnu  unke    saath...horrible...i  sometimes think     even       some      earthly  people   are     more   loyal [keeping    the  srishti   ka   kalyaan    aside].
kaatayani IF-Rockerz
kaatayani
kaatayani

Posted: 22 September 2014 at 9:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kaatayani

Quite an interesting conversation goin on here..honestly, i am happy stalking Geek  but thought i ll post anyways..
hmm..well..i do agree with apararupath about certain things..Narayan's multiple affairs has always been a bone of contention for me, and i m not talking about DKDM in perticular, just in general, i never liked it..but as far as 'happy ending' is concerned, i dont think anybody needs to worry about it since thats probably how DKDM will sign off..and apararupath, as kaatyayni mentioned already, that Tulsi track is not going to be the last track..so dont worry, it wont end on a sad note..

this is why i have big issue in trusting Puraans.. and their authors.. i never understand their POV for Gods.. i found Shiva stalking Mohini equally appalling considering tht He is considered to be model husband and all that.. i am simply happy to take them as stories and see a bigger point for example as Vishnu violated Vrinda he was cursed.. of all our mythological gods Vihnu as we say crudely is "Rangeen"  or rather he has been portrayed thus... 

as regards to this particular individual's views.. well i am surprised that this person believes tht DKDM ends with Tulsi trackShocked for that matter it is not hard to see tht Tulsi is mere a subsidiary inclusive track in the greater story of Lohitang 

@ Bold & Underlined.. for some reason that was never such a problem for me..bcoz i think  Mahadev's 100 % pure/chaste image is the result of our modern Indian hypocratic mentality.. now we have reached a stage where we brush some of the important attributes of our own gods under the carpet owing to our victorianized mentality..i remember when i first joined IF ( i joined it for DKDM) i did bring up this aspect of Mahadev in "current track discussion" thread & as expected, this topic did not go down very well with few members of the forum..they jumped into Mahadev's defence saying Mahadev is known as "AdiYogi" & not "AdiBhogi"..LOL..and i was just left startled looking at the sorry state of Modern Indian Mentality..we now attribute everything that is perceived "obscene" to the influence of "western culture"  when the opposite is actually true.. our modern "hypocracy" is the after effect of the Victorian influence..why do people often forget that Shiv-Shakthi are both regarded as the supreme male & female sexuality..yes, sex & sexuality too is a huge huge part of Shiv-Shakthi.. in fact there are several stories that highlight this aspect of Shiv-Shakthi..while Mahadev is worshipped as the phallic symbol "Lingam" , Mother Goddess too is worshipped in the form of "Yoni".. in fact the temple of Kamakhya Devi celebrates the life sustaining force 'menstruation' of the Goddess..but now a days these are just too explicit for our modern Indian mentality to deal with , we would rather not talk about it..   

About Mahadev, y do people often forget that Shiva has an extreme dual nature.. while on the one hand he can burn Kamdev with his third eye,on the other hand, there is no one except Parvati ( & err..Vishnu) who can stand or satisfy his immense sexual vigor..there is a reason why he is considered as an epitome of masculinity & worshipped as a Lingam..but we would rather not think about it & be more content with various intellectual interpretations ( which are equally true BTW ) of the Lingam & Yoni concept..

Now comes the question of, if a person like me is completely OK with such interpretations, y do I have a problem with Narayan's multiple rasleelas & affairs ?.. well the answer is, its not really just the rasleela that i m not that fond of, it is actually Narayan's 'rangeela' ( natkhat, mysterious) character that does not go down very well with me..& if u really think about it, Narayan never had any extra -marital affair per se since all of his consort's are considered as Lakshmi's incarnation in some way or the other ..& all that trickery for the greater good is ofcourse a very noble deed but i just do not feel that good about it..and this is where our "Bholenath" takes the cake..i like Shiva's straightforward nature..when he is angry, he is angry for a reason & when he is benevolent , there too is no limit..i like such crystal clear nature..it makes easier for me to trust this God..

long explanation and i will agree with all of it if I look forth the Puranic Shiva... no doubt i don't trust the Puraans 
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 22 September 2014 at 9:29am | IP Logged

hahahaaa.. i never deny that i am peculiar..!!LOLLOLLOL  bTw you omitted to answer  question in bold...!! we will be fascinated to hear about your idea of Happy Ending 
[/QUOTE]   ok, for me,happy ending means an end which is decent and not offensive. the lohitang mahakali mahadev part is superb. but the tulsi story is very obscenic and indecent.keeping the srishti ka kalyan aside,lord vishnu had actually committed adultery, rape, bigamy   by marrying for the second time,, which i can't tolerate being a law student. he did injustice to devi lakshmi in this way, who actually had no fault but had to bear a co-wife. these acts of vishnuji to be shown, although it will  be a whitewashed version, will   lead to character  assassination[not for actual vishnuji, who actually did it , but srj's image]. therefore i find this story  as  improper to be the last one.  AM  I   WRONGQuestion
[/QUOTE]

my dear.. there is something that is called alteration... you find Tulsi story obscene.. so was Vrinda's and Vishnu.. and DKDM found a middle path to show tht story.. wth Lakshmi herself granting permission to Vishnu..

and being a law student i really expect you to understand that wat shown on TV and wat s written in scriptures are completely different.. for tht matter DKDM has been a show where the makers a way to balance all the religious beliefs.. they don't go on to show superiority of one deity over other but a theory interdependce with the value of  justifiable use of powers within their spheres..

and most basic thing is that you are speculating even before Vishnu has woken up from yog nidra.. ehn also being a law student i expect certain understanding that how the Purans were written.. i am sure if you wud have seen cases of blasphemy they do delve into the arguments of historical backgrounds of the puranas.. since you being a law student different versions of one stories shud actually make you restless to know the truth...

and as far as your last question as to be tht whether you are wrong.. then i think u might have noticed that Tulsi's story is not the end of this track... and if tht;s what yu feel.. then you might have not paid attention to the show at all 
[/QUOTE]   looks like  you believe   in    everything which   dkdm shows ,. actually   dkdm is very kind  that it always  shows  the  whitewashed  versions of the    original    stories. coz   this is a family     show.  fine,   atleast i  can     expect  a  clean    version  and  explanation   for that act.  atleast i won't get  hurt . kaatayani, i have  nothing against you,    but  surely   some questions  for lord   vishnu.  i   wish   i    could   ask   him  directly.

Edited by aparupanath - 22 September 2014 at 10:00am
aparupanath IF-Dazzler
aparupanath
aparupanath

Posted: 22 September 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rsnarula67

Ho Ho, interesting convo going on here ...

Not so knowlegeable me wants to put in her two pence worth ...

The thing is that in terms of Vishnu Lakshmi, I do not reall any story with a happy ending ...  at least not in the conventional sense.     In any case "happy ending" is not really the main thrust of these stories.  Each story is meant to teach us something - as Kaatayani rightly pointed out.  But more often than not we tend to get embroiled just in the literal story  (it's more fun that way, I admit).  In the case of the legends of Shiv Shakti ...  these are the stories that truly lends itself to "rose tinted glasses" ...  and of course with MR as Mahadev ... what can I say ...Embarrassed

With regard to the current track - UN is working his way somewhere in such a convoluted manner that I guess we lose not only the story but even the teaching behind it.  Thankfully most of us have some idea of the actual stories and what we don't know can be googled,  so I guess UN will not have an effect on our "manasthithi"LOL  what say?  Or do you guys think we will need Dr.Psycho..
    well,  i   know about some stories of lakshmi vishnu  which   are quite  recent , but  as  it is  a mahadev   show  , i    don't    expect  it to  be  shown   at    this point.but   in the lakshmibalaji   story, mahadev and  gang  had  also  roles to play but ofcourse, cameo.                                  lets   end the   discussion,i   believe in dkdm but UN ka kabhi kabhi brain jam ho jaata hai.Wink                            lohitang is just stealing the show, brilliant performance  by mohit raina.Star

Go to top