Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ (Page 3)

guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

@bossman agreed that physical attributes match but I mean solely based on that you cannot sign a mediocre actor to play this role. To be frank even Ranbir will fall flat playing this character...I would suggest that any of the 3 Kai po che guys will be good if they are guided well. All 3 had that extra spark and underlying intensity well at least in that movie they did.

Vishal is obsessed with Shakespeare like moi that's why he made Maqbool which was inspired by Macbeth and to be honest it was leggit good. But then again it had a great cast supporting Vishal's idea with Irrfan,Tabu and Pankaj Kapur.

As they say an actor can only play Hamlet until 40 after that it is hard to get the youthfulness and unease from them

I'm sure he'll simplify it for Shahid just like Omkara. He completely stripped Othello, Cassio and especially Desdemona off all their emotional depth and turned them into such simple characters with a mono-track. Saif was the only character who got a chance to do justice to his character.
I'm sure he's capable of doing the same for Hamlet, sadly. Like I said before, I find him and SLB completely overrated.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30FireLordPhoenixsunflower52canuck-umzTeAmo_Messi

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by canuck-umz

Originally posted by harshu.sundas

Originally posted by vssaras

plss dont ruin gr8 novels by casting him.. why cant they cast someone who wud actually play Halmet wid life nd breath..
Shahid is not that gr8 actor.. nd can never fit d bill for any of shakespears novels..

Well..looks like Vishal doesn't agree with you..and neither do the industry folks...most agree on his great acting skills... Tongue LOL

un4tunately, even aftr industry folks agreeing on his GR8 acting talents, cudnt save d downhill of his career graph..Big smile... nd u talk about Vishal ?.. all he knows is to adapt Shakepears tales, nd nothing else..  nd this time wid a ridiculous actor like Shahid.. 
i already pity ileana , d girl had a gr8 start in bollywood wid barfi, but her 2nd venture will b flopping badly.. 

Harshu I think Shahid is a great actor, his career took a downward spiral because of his own stupidity. Dumb choices in movies, getting to big for his shoes, wasting too much time on Mausam etc. but it has nothing to do with his acting. Just like Vivek who is a good actor but ruined everything thanks to his dumb choices. I have no doubt Shahid can pull this off, because really who else is out there to take on such a role apart from the art film actors?

Anyways, why pity Ileana? Shahid is 10 times the actor she is and anyone could have played her role in Barfi, she has a long way to go. She has mostly done flower pot roles in commercial films down south, adding another one like PPNH won't really affect her much, she has 2 more commercial Hindi movies lined up after it.

@red:- yes i dint deny on him a good actor, yes he is.. but i still feel dat he hasnt done anything remarkable based on which we can say dat he is appropiate for Hamlet.. i personally love Hamlet, more tha  julius Caesare nd even macbeth, nd thats why i wanted someone else, for example, Ajay Devgan, Hrithik or even Saif cud be a better choice.. I have seen Shahid's work, nd TRUST me, i really never got anything which i wud appreciate. And again, he made bad choices means, he has bad sense of script ..

@black:- pity ileana becos, not dat she is doing a film dat has no scope for acting, but becos i feel d film wil flop.. i dint know about her south films, but i saw her in barfi only, nd she was very good, i liked her there, even more than priyanaka.. yes dats what, i wished she wudnt do a flower pot role, dats what, i pity her for making a bad choice again.. even when actresses chose to be flower post they become confident enuff about the film's BO verdict. for example sonakshi, nd even asin, they r known for flower pot roles, but yeah in big hits films.. PPNH doesnt seem like a BO material, yes it can be successful, but whatever i got from d promos, doesnt build up much expectations. I feel even Shruti did a good job in both Dday and Ramaiyya vastavaiya.. i have watched her in tamil film "3", she was good, nd she is trying variety in bollywood, i hope she finds success soon.. i wish she wud win d filmfare for "3'.. it was sort of incomplete as Dhanush won nd she dintOuch.. i really wnat her to make it big in both south nd north.. she was impressive.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

canuck-umz

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Well..Shahid-Vishal combo has been great...Vishal brought out the talent of Shahid via his twin roles in Kaminey which got 4-5 stars from all the critics and was the only box office success of Vishal's. So have great expectations of their next film..Have full confidence that Shahid will do justice as he did in Kaminey..EmbarrassedDancingDay Dreaming

Edited by vssaras - 14 August 2013 at 12:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

A.HajnalffkhanMereMahiyaa.

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

plss dont ruin gr8 novels by casting him.. why cant they cast someone who wud actually play Halmet wid life nd breath..
Shahid is not that gr8 actor.. nd can never fit d bill for any of shakespears novels..

Well..looks like Vishal doesn't agree with you..and neither do the industry folks...most agree on his great acting skills... Tongue LOL

un4tunately, even aftr industry folks agreeing on his GR8 acting talents, cudnt save d downhill of his career graph..Big smile... nd u talk about Vishal ?.. all he knows is to adapt Shakepears tales, nd nothing else..  nd this time wid a ridiculous actor like Shahid.. 
i already pity ileana , d girl had a gr8 start in bollywood wid barfi, but her 2nd venture will b flopping badly.. 

Really...Kaminey was not a Shakespeare adaptation..and Vishal is quite a respected director with his own fan following..

Brafi would have been a lot better with Shahid in it..at least he would have acted in it..instead of just making comical faces like Ranbir...

Hits are good but not the only defining thing of an actor..actor should be able to act..Tongue

A.Hajnal

A_la_mode IF-Dazzler
A_la_mode
A_la_mode

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
I like that Vishal likes to experiment Shaksphere in the Indian context but his choice of actors leaves much to be desired. Now Shahid is a decent actor but I doubt he has the depth to play Hamlet or such complex roles. Ofcourse a lot will be in the director's hands...to create situations that bring out the best in his actors & I am not sure if Vishal can do it! His last venture, Matru ki bijli ka Mandola  was such a disaster that I doubt I will spend my hard earned money to see another one of his movies!

Edited by bollyd - 14 August 2013 at 12:33pm

abby_girl30

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

Really...Kaminey was not a Shakespeare adaptation..and Vishal is quite a respected director with his own fan following..

Brafi would have been a lot better with Shahid in it..at least he would have acted in it..instead of just making comical faces like Ranbir...

Hits are good but not the only defining thing of an actor..actor should be able to act..Tongue

i never said dat Shahid is a bad actor.. its just that i dont see him capable enuff to fit into any of d shakespear characters.. 
nd as far as Ranbir is concerned, even i wud say he cant play Hamlet too..
nd yes actor needs to act, but obviously, when that acting reaches to d audience, then only d film becomes successful.. so we can also say that Shahid cudnt make his acting connect wid audience in any of his films except kaminey...Tongue
Barfii cud be a lot better than Shahid, yes, nd wid any other actor, WHEN anurag basu knew hw to extract that kind of performance.. neither Shahid gave any extraordinary performance in his career, nd neither he has dat much strong knowledge on scripts.. so yeah doing Hamlet can be good for him, but it will be a let down for ppl like me, who loved Hamlet, hw tough is dat to understand ?..

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

i never said dat Shahid is a bad actor.. its just that i dont see him capable enuff to fit into any of d shakespear characters.. 
nd as far as Ranbir is concerned, even i wud say he cant play Hamlet too..
nd yes actor needs to act, but obviously, when that acting reaches to d audience, then only d film becomes successful.. so we can also say that Shahid cudnt make his acting connect wid audience in any of his films except kaminey...Tongue
Barfii cud be a lot better than Shahid, yes, nd wid any other actor, WHEN anurag basu knew hw to extract that kind of performance.. neither Shahid gave any extraordinary performance in his career, nd neither he has dat much strong knowledge on scripts.. so yeah doing Hamlet can be good for him, but it will be a let down for ppl like me, who loved Hamlet, hw tough is dat to understand ?..

In that case...Sorry for you...Tongue LOL

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
nd whats there to attack when someone just opines wid a different view ?.. its not that our opinions can change d fate of d film or d fate of d actor.. ofcourse our say comes from whatever we saw from dat actor/actress previously. Yes he is a decent actor, dancer, nd blah nd blah, but its still a FACT that hestill has to prove his mettle to prove his followers' right.. till now he hasnt...

d2rocks

Go to top