Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ (Page 2)

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vssaras

Originally posted by harshu.sundas

plss dont ruin gr8 novels by casting him.. why cant they cast someone who wud actually play Halmet wid life nd breath..
Shahid is not that gr8 actor.. nd can never fit d bill for any of shakespears novels..

Well..looks like Vishal doesn't agree with you..and neither do the industry folks...most agree on his great acting skills... Tongue LOL

un4tunately, even aftr industry folks agreeing on his GR8 acting talents, cudnt save d downhill of his career graph..Big smile... nd u talk about Vishal ?.. all he knows is to adapt Shakepears tales, nd nothing else..  nd this time wid a ridiculous actor like Shahid.. 
i already pity ileana , d girl had a gr8 start in bollywood wid barfi, but her 2nd venture will b flopping badly.. 

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Swetha-

plss dont ruin gr8 novels by casting him.. why cant they cast someone who wud actually play Halmet wid life nd breath..
Shahid is not that gr8 actor.. nd can never fit d bill for any of shakespears novels..

^ Agree with u, Sundas! Approve

thank u shweta.. moreover, omkara was adaptation of othello, which was very good IMO.. Ajay did an amazing job in dat film nd so did saif.
Shahid, he really has no crowd pull, neither he can give a BO success by carrying a film on his own shoulders and nor did he ever give.. so yeah its disappointing to see such gr8 novels being ruined by miscasting.. 
abby_girl30 IF-Rockerz
abby_girl30
abby_girl30

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
WHATTT...Shahid as Hamlet????? ROFL
I can guarantee 100% that Shahid will suck as Hamlet in any universe

When great actors like Daniel Day Lewis and Alex Jennings were big disappointments as Hamlet on stage...I have no hopes from a mediocre actor like Shahid to pull it off

Hamlet is a complex charcter and Shahid's acting chops are highly questionable for a role like this.

Well its great now we have 2 actors playing Hamlet soon...Shahid in bollywood and Cumberbatch in theatre (directed by Gary Oldman Embarrassed )

I'll surely be making comparisons between the two...heheh don't mind cz I love Shakespeare's work

Edited by abby_girl30 - 14 August 2013 at 10:21am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TeAmo_Messi

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by vssaras

Well..looks like Vishal doesn't agree with you..and neither do the industry folks...most agree on his great acting skills... Tongue LOL

un4tunately, even aftr industry folks agreeing on his GR8 acting talents, cudnt save d downhill of his career graph..Big smile... nd u talk about Vishal ?.. all he knows is to adapt Shakepears tales, nd nothing else..  nd this time wid a ridiculous actor like Shahid.. 
i already pity ileana , d girl had a gr8 start in bollywood wid barfi, but her 2nd venture will b flopping badly.. 

Harshu I think Shahid is a great actor, his career took a downward spiral because of his own stupidity. Dumb choices in movies, getting to big for his shoes, wasting too much time on Mausam etc. but it has nothing to do with his acting. Just like Vivek who is a good actor but ruined everything thanks to his dumb choices. I have no doubt Shahid can pull this off, because really who else is out there to take on such a role apart from the art film actors?

Anyways, why pity Ileana? Shahid is 10 times the actor she is and anyone could have played her role in Barfi, she has a long way to go. She has mostly done flower pot roles in commercial films down south, adding another one like PPNH won't really affect her much, she has 2 more commercial Hindi movies lined up after it.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidra246springkissednomad.nessDebarati7A.Hajnalsunflower52ffkhanFireLordPhoenixilovedhanjanird

abby_girl30 IF-Rockerz
abby_girl30
abby_girl30

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:19am | IP Logged
@Canuck girl Hamlet's charachter has a sense of unease which is very hard to get even for great acting legends...but if Vishal is gonna make this Hamlet as a musical with long stuttering monologues (ala Kaminey) then sure Shahid will probably be good LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

narchibaldcanuck-umz

guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Hamlet is quite easily the most complex Shakespearean character. He's also quite young and supposedly short, so Shahid would suit the role well physically. His emotional turmoil is hard to portray for any actor. Ranbir is the only other choice really for Vishal. If Shahid nails it, a NA is a given.
That said, Vishal is grossly overrated. He still doesn't have one legit hit, with only a semi-hit Kaminey to boost of that only worked in Mumbai.

Edited by Bossman - 14 August 2013 at 10:35am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

A_la_modecanuck-umz

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

@Canuck girl Hamlet's charachter has a sense of unease which is very hard to get even for great acting legends...but if Vishal is gonna make this Hamlet as a musical with long stuttering monologues (ala Kaminey) then sure Shahid will probably be good LOL

I understand that and have read Hamlet quite a few times but this is VB and we all know how his adaptations are, Indian sensibilities and all. So I won't be comparing it to other adaptations and will take it as a stand alone. However, if he wants to try it then why not, if VB won't do it another director will, like it states in the article. As for Shahid, we don't even know what's happening there, his name is only being tossed around and he seems ready to give it his all so it's obvious he knows what this character entails. If not him, it will be someone else, but like I said who in this industry can pull it off in the end?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

springkissedguess.wh0A.Hajnalsunflower52abby_girl30FireLordPhoenix

abby_girl30 IF-Rockerz
abby_girl30
abby_girl30

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
@bossman agreed that physical attributes match but I mean solely based on that you cannot sign a mediocre actor to play this role. To be frank even Ranbir will fall flat playing this character...I would suggest that any of the 3 Kai po che guys will be good if they are guided well. All 3 had that extra spark and underlying intensity well at least in that movie they did.

Vishal is obsessed with Shakespeare like moi that's why he made Maqbool which was inspired by Macbeth and to be honest it was leggit good. But then again it had a great cast supporting Vishal's idea with Irrfan,Tabu and Pankaj Kapur.

As they say an actor can only play Hamlet until 40 after that it is hard to get the youthfulness and unease from them

Edited by abby_girl30 - 14 August 2013 at 10:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

guess.wh0canuck-umzFireLordPhoenix

Go to top