Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ (Page 136)

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 30 September 2014 at 1:52pm | IP Logged

http://us.india.com/showbiz/shahid-kapoors-haider-impresses-the-censor-board-162237/

Shahid Kapoor's Haider impresses the censor board

By Prathamesh Jadhav @ | September 30, 2014 6:55 PM | comment

If the noises and comments are to be believed which are coming out from the censor board's office then Haider is one film to look out for.The  censor board has been raving about the lead pair of the film and is very impressed with the performances. After a long hiatus a very strong performance based film by every actor is releasing.

Those at censor who have seen the film can't seem to stop raving about the lead pair which is Shahid and Shraddha Kapoor. According to sources the censor board members were heard speaking very highly about the film. They were heard saying that they are very impressed with Shahid Kapoor's performance in particular as they felt that he has carried off the intense performance with a lot of finesse. They seemed to agree that its one of his best performances of all times.

Haider is the name of the character played by Shahid Kapoor who returns to seek vengeance for his father's murder; the character is very powerful and intense.

MereMahiyaa. IF-Addictz
MereMahiyaa.
MereMahiyaa.

Posted: 30 September 2014 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

Almost a Houseful theatre for #Haider First Day First Show '' Thank God I got some seats #HaiderThisThursday

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 30 September 2014 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Shraddha is extremely mature for her age!...this lady is going to go far!!...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Shraddha-Kapoor-promotes-Haider-in-Ahmedabad/articleshow/43902649.cms

Shraddha Kapoor promotes Haider in Ahmedabad

When she last visited Ahmedabad for another promotional activity earlier this year, Shraddha Kapoor had claimed she was "simply enjoying" the promotional activities and "going with the flow." 

But with a couple of big ticket hits tucked under her designer belt, Shraddha's career graph's skyrocketed. However, that seems to have little effect on Shraddha as she accepted to still having "butterflies" in her stomach before the release of Haider.

Shraddha, who recently visited Ahmedabad, seemed in awe of the Navratri celebrations and even struck picture-perfect dandiya poses with Shahid Kapoor, before settling for a chat. Excerpts:

READ: Shraddha Kapoor: Indecent men are irritating

Now that you have given two back to back hits, are you feeling any pressure to continue the successful run at BO?

I'm feeling just the same as I did when my other films were about to release. I still feel butterflies in my stomach as every film is different. It is nice to know that people have liked my films and have appreciated my work. It's given me confidence to choose roles that are not run of the mill and do hatke films. Though, I was always very bold when it came to choosing scripts, success has definitely made an impact in my decision making.

You chose to make your debut in Bollywood in a film that was not very mainstream.

I want to be daring, but only if it fits into the scehme of things. I don't want to be bold just for the sake of it and take up films that won't suit me as an actor. It is good to do different kind of films as it helps you grow as an actor. Afterall, ek hi zindagi hai, and I don't want to waste it by playing safe. ClapIt is tough to manage two very diverse subjects as an actor, especially when you are shooting for the films at the same time, and have to constantly go back and forth from ut I don't want to miss out on a good script just because I will have to work that extra hard. I know there are actors who do only few films every year, and I actually wouldn't mind doing it, but I don't mind doing multiple films at the same time if a good script comes my way.

You think the audience accepts mainstream actors in hatke, off-beat films at a time when there is a deluge of 100 crore films?

You would be surprised how much the audience is looking for something different. I have visited cinema halls and observed the audience's reaction when they show promos of films that serve similar content. While they are open in showing their acceptance, they are also equally open in panning films. On the other hand people look forward to watching films that promise to show a different story or has something different to offer. The audience is surely open to seeing wide range of films.

You have also taken up singing in your films. And there's competition for you on that front as well.

I think competition brings the best in you, plus I'm totally enjoying my time behind the mic. If my wish is granted I'd like to sing in all my films

Edited by vssaras - 30 September 2014 at 3:15pm

HakunaMatata.

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 30 September 2014 at 5:00pm | IP Logged

always_a_TV_fan

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 30 September 2014 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 01 October 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/pankaj-kapur-cant-thank-vishal-bharadwaj-for-letting-shahid-kapoor-play-hamlet/

Pankaj Kapur can't thank Vishal Bharadwaj enough for letting Shahid Kapoor play Hamlet

Pankaj Kapur and Shahid Kapoor at the book launch. (Source: Varinder Chawla)Pankaj Kapur and Shahid Kapoor at the book launch. (Source: Varinder Chawla)
Press Trust of India | Mumbai | Posted: October 1, 2014 6:41 pm | Updated: October 1, 2014 6:42 pm

Veteran actor Pankaj Kapur, who has frequently collaborated with Vishal Bhardwaj, says he cannot thank the director enough for casting his son Shahid Kapoor as Hamlet in his upcoming movie Haider', an adaptation of William Shakespeare's revenge tragedy.

Pankaj, 60, who has worked with Bhardwaj in films like The Blue Umbrella', Matru Ki Bijlee Ka' and Maqbool', the filmmaker's adaptation of Macbeth, said after watching Haider' he can confidently claim that no one could have pulled of the titular role other than Shahid.

"To be very objective I am here in this field for thirty five years and I always knew that Shahid has an incredible capability as an actor. Thanks to Vishal that he has given Shahid Hamlet' because every actor in this world desires to play this role.

I think Shahid is deserving to get the film. Whatever, I have seen in the film I feel proud to be a father of Shahid," Pankaj said at the book launch of Haider, Omkara and Maqbool.

Shahid has previously worked with Bhardwaj in Kaminey', a career-defining film for him.

Also read - Shahid Kapoor's Haider': Why you must watch this Vishal Bhardwaj film

The actor said his father, who always complained about the fact that he focused more on dancing and body-building, was equally excited when Haider' was offered to him.

"My father used to complain that I focus more on dancing and body building and less on my acting. He also said that my dressing style was not very good. When I was going to Kashmir for the shoot and I went to say bye to dad, he just looked at me and said, You know that you are going to play Hamlet?'" Shahid said.

The actor said that after watching the film his father said his performance was ok', which for him is the biggest compliment he can get.

"Vishal sir called dad to see the film and I was nervous. After we came back home I asked him that what did I miss out in the film? And he had couple of sips of tea looked here and there, gave a smile and said, No, I think you are ok!' That was the most amazing compliment I have ever got from him- he is one of the best actors in the world and I am very proud of him," the 33-year-old actor said.

The book launch was also attended by Irrfan, Tabu, Konkona Sen Sharma, Vivek Oberoi and Shraddha Kapoor.

Haider' will hit theatres on October 2.

Edited by vssaras - 01 October 2014 at 12:31pm

aadk

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 01 October 2014 at 12:39pm | IP Logged

YAY!!!...Happy Gandhi Jayanti to All!!...Embarrassed

The Day of Haider is here!!...PartyDancing
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras