Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ (Page 130)

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 27 September 2014 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/shraddha-kapoor-i-get-goosebumps-when-i-see-shahid-kapoor-act/

Shraddha Kapoor: I get goosebumps when I see Shahid Kapoor act!

Sat, September 27, 2014 7:02pm UTC by DNA Add first Comment
Shraddha Kapoor: I get goosebumps when I see Shahid Kapoor act!

The Ek Villain diva talks about her experience of working in Haider

Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor says being a part of Vishal Bhardwaj's upcoming film Haider will open a new chapter in her nascent career because the director has a reputation for making acclaimed movies.

Shraddha, who has given two back-to-back hits like Aashiqui 2 and Ek Villain, said she feels blessed both her films worked with the audience and hopes to continue the good run with Haider. "This film is definitely going to add much more to my career. I feel it will open a new chapter in my career. Vishal sir has made some iconic films, which are remembered for performances by established actors. I hope the same happens to me as well," Shraddha told media

Haider, inspired by William Shakespeare's famous tragedy Hamlet, is the third installment of Bhardwaj's trilogy after Maqbool and Omkara, which were based on Macbeth and Othello respectively. The film will hit theatres on October 2. The film stars Shahid Kapoor as Haiderand Shraddha plays his tragic lover. The actress said her role in the film was difficult and challenging, but the director made her feel at ease.

"This is my fifth film. The role was difficult and challenging because the character which I am playing is not only of a lover but also a best friend. It was my first intense role and was the most emotional, moving and challenging experience," she said. "But because of atmosphere on the sets and Vishal sir, everything went smooth. There is so much love coming your way from him... I had to just surrender myself to my director and try my best to give him the best shot. He just makes you feel at ease," Shraddha said, adding she auditioned for the role.

The film adaptation portrays the political intrigue and history of Kashmir and has been primarily shot in the Valley. When asked how difficult it was to shoot in Kashmir, Shraddha said besides the cold weather, everything was quite enjoyable.

"The only thing difficult shooting in Kashmir was the cold but that also was such an enjoyable experience. When you are in front of the camera, you have no choice but to forget how cold it is. And also when you are shooting at such a stunning place, the cold is something not very consequential," she said.

Shraddha, who is the daughter of Bollywood actor Shakti Kapoor, is all praise for her co-star Shahid and said she used to get goosebumps while watching him perform. "Whenever I have seen him acting, I would get goosebumps. People are really looking forward to his performance. He is one of the finest actors in our country. He is such a big star who can act, which is amazing and he is so talented," Shraddha said.Subscribe to me on YouTube

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Bandwagon-ersimran422

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 27 September 2014 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
awesomegurti IF-Stunnerz
awesomegurti
awesomegurti

Posted: 27 September 2014 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Shraddha Kapoor who is nowadays busy gearing up for her upcoming film Haider' along with co-star Shahid Kapoor will be seen promoting the film on Salman Khan hosted Bigg Boss 8.
According to NDTV, this will not the first time when Shahid will be promoting his upcoming flick on the show as in the previous seasons he has promoted films like Phata Poster Nikala Hero' (2013) and R... Rajkumar' (2013).
Looks like Shahid will definitely root for Upen Patel as he has worked with Patel in '36 China Town' (2006).
Though Shahid's visit on the show might not be something new, however, it will be Shraddha's first appearance on the show.
- See more at: http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/shahid-shraddha-to-promote-haider-on-big-boss-8#sthash.DSEJtaHt.dpuf
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 27 September 2014 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/haider-my-most-honest-work-shahid-kapoor-114092800107_1.html

Haider' my most honest work: Shahid Kapoor

Actor Shahid Kapoor says he avoided taking half measures in Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Haider', an adaptation of Hamlet, as he did not want to cheat the audience or himself while playing the famous Shakespearean tragic hero. 

Shahid, 33, had to opt for a bald look in certain scenes of the movie that is set in Kashmir and the actor did not have a moment's hesitation in shedding his hair. 

"Prosthetics were an option but I felt it was not right to do it for 'Haider'. There is a certain honesty and passion in this film. I have done it 'dil se'. I did not want to cheat my audience or myself while playing this character. I wanted to do something different and shocking. There is a value in real," Shahid told PTI. 

It is Shahid's second film with Bhardwaj after 'Kaminey'. The film completes the director's trilogy of William Shakespeare's three famous tragedies after 'Maqbool' (Macbeth) and 'Omkara' (Othello). The film will hit theatres on October 2. 

"It is set against the backdrop of Kashmir and then it is an adaptation of Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'. I think Vishal sir has the ability to interpret it for today's India," said Shahid. 

The actor feels 'Haider' would have a long term effect on his career the way 'Kaminey' did but does not want to predict its box office performance. 

"There are some films you do for box office and some because you believe in them and you are passionate about cinema. But you don't know what is going to do well. Till 'R Rajkumar', 'Kaminey' was the most successful film of my career. 

"Lot of people told me that I was mad to do an art house film in 'Kaminey' but it has done so much to my career. Cinema has its own language and it is difficult to analyse which film will click. 'Haider' is a family revenge drama. It is about a son looking for his father and then there is a love story between Shraddha and me," said Shahid.
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 27 September 2014 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
@RajaSen: Eight films released today, eight films I happened to dodge entirely. But will make up for it by watching both Hindi biggies next Friday.
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 27 September 2014 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
@iFaridoon: I read the full text of #Hamlet recently to prepare 4 my #Haider interviews...rarely have I been so excited to watch a film as I'm 4 this 1

@iFaridoon: Vishal Bhardwaj is a filmmaker who doesn't bow b4 crass commercial considerations n his cinematic vision ought to b applauded...
MereMahiyaa. IF-Addictz
MereMahiyaa.
MereMahiyaa.

Posted: 28 September 2014 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Omg 4 daaays Silly

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 28 September 2014 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Shanatics!,..Take a bow!!..Party...what a feat!...ClapStar

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nonamTheJakeSharif.Badmaash-Swetha-MereMahiyaa.

Go to top