Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ (Page 124)

awesomegurti IF-Stunnerz
awesomegurti
awesomegurti

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Shraddha Kapoor is a bundle of talent. A good actress, she's no less impressive a singer.

Shraddha is gifted with a wonderful voice. When she crooned the unplugged version of 'Teri Galiyaan' in Ek Villain (listen to that song here), she was showered with compliments from Bollywood fraternity and fans alike. Now, the beauty takes on a tougher singing challenge with a Kashmiri folk song for her coming film Haider.

In the video of the song's recording, we see Shraddha fluffing a few time with the Kashmiri pronunciations of the lyrics. But the experts are at hand to guide her.

She catches the nuances pretty fast and sums up the recording to music composer and director Vishal Bhardwaj's satisfaction.

In the end, Vishal gives a thumbs-up sign to Shraddha Kapoor and compliments her, "After listening to the song, the Kashmiris would want to keep you with them".

Haider is the Indianized adaptation of Shakespearean tragedy Hamlet'. The movie tells the tale of a young man who wants to avenge his father's death at the hands of his uncle who also entrapped his mother. Shraddha Kapoor's character is that of desi Ophelia.

Haider is set in Kashmir and also stars Tabu, Kay Kay Menon and Irrfan Khan.

The film will release October 2.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:07am | IP Logged
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Shahid-Kapoor-Never-change-yourself-on-the-basis-of-success-or-failure/articleshow/43315728.cms

Shahid Kapoor: 'Never change yourself on the basis of success or failure'

Shahid Kapoor's career took a setback some time back, but now he seems to be happy in his space.

Apparently, he has found a new formula that will not affect him come what may and he has decided not to change himself on the basis of success or failure. Instead, the actor, who is anxiously waiting for his next release, Haider, wants to enjoy the process of film-making. "If you work only from result-oriented point of view rather than process-oriented point of view then you may be unhappy.

READ: Shahid Kapoor controlled the crowd in Kashmir

The process of making a film is amazing if you can start enjoying that then I think it makes you do better work and keeps you grounded," says Shahid, further adding, "You should not change yourself on the basis of your success and failure and if you live your life like that only then the others will deal with you for the person you are and not for your success or failure. That is the journey I want to take," says Shahid.

Edited by vssaras - 24 September 2014 at 7:06am
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:31am | IP Logged
http://gulftoday.ae/portal/b8e3b17d-1aa5-4a4e-9830-0cb4abb8345a.aspx

Bollywood banks on the Bard, again

DUBAI: Vishal Bhardwaj's latest flick Haider, an Indian adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet, is all set to be released in the UAE on Oct.2. The film, which is shot in beautiful Kashmir, has Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor in a lead role, apart from Taboo, Irrfan and Kay Kay Menon.

Vishal's earlier Shakespearean adaptation of the film Maqbool and Omkara had been well received at the box office.

The trailer of the film Haider looks very impressive and shows Shahid in a very different avatar. The actor has gone through an intense physical transformation for his character in the film. He had to abstain himself for four months from physical training to look like a normal guy. 

Interacting with the media in Dubai on Tuesday, Shahid said, "Haider is definitely the most difficult role of my career so far." At the same time, he said, "It was a great opportunity to get films like this." 

This is the second time Shahid has teamed up with Bharadwaj. Earlier he has worked with him in Kaminey. Praising his director, he said, he is very chilled out on the set and a very encouraging man. 

He admitted, he is a Shakespeare fan, but added that Haider made him a bigger fan.

Co-star of the film Shraddha Kapoor is all gaga about her presence in the film. Her character in the film is of a political journalist. She said, "I have never played such an intense character in my career. To work with all the amazing actors is an experience I am going to cherish forever." Praising her co-star Shahid, she said, "He is definitely playing a very complex character in the film. I feel lucky to have worked with him."

Further elaborating her character she said, "My character in the movie needed to look as real as possible and I have tried to speak the Kashmiri dialect in the film and worked very hard to give authenticity to my character. Authenticity is one thing which is expected in Vishal's film," she concluded.

The press meet was organised by Essar Events.
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Bazinga. Senior Member
Bazinga.
Bazinga.

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 8:45am | IP Logged

Do you know how the #Haider team dealt with early morning shooting blues? Watch this video to find out. " with Gopal Jangra.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152787228608278&set=vb.82457488277&type=2&theater

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 11:25am | IP Logged
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 11:32am | IP Logged
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2014 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/music/Musical-Mousetrap/articleshow/43356740.cms

Musical Mousetrap

By Roshmila Bhattacharya, Mumbai Mirror | Sep 25, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

Song: Bismil (Haider)
Vishal Bhardwaj admits that Bismil, the climactic song of his upcoming film, Haider, took him months to compose because it was his expression of the Mousetrap in Hamlet. In William Shakespeare's original play, the Prince of Denmark invites his uncle and stepmother to a play he has created and from their expressions tries to gauge if what the ghost had told him is true. 

"It's storytelling through a song, narration of a situation, the kind you see in a musical," points out Vishal who drew from his experience of collaborating on a Broadway musical with Mira Nair. 

"Bismil is like a ballet you see on the European stage," seconds Sukwinder Singh who has sung it. "Only this one is set in reel life Kashmir." 

Given that its rooted in the Valley, the filmmaker-composer was very clear that he wanted Kashmiri folk music. He hired local musicians to play the sarangi and the rabab and recorded with them in a studio there. While picturising the song, he even invited these musicians to the shoot and they joined Shahid Kapoor on stage. 

Vishal blended Kashmiri folk music with western opera music, this time drawing from his experience of directed an English opera, A Flowering Tree. Scored by composer-conductor John Adams and based on a classic Indian folk tale written by Kannada scholar AK Ramnujan, the opera premiered in Paris in May, this year. 

Once the tune was composed, he turned to Gulzar for the words. And his 'Kohinoor', as Sukhwinder describes him, didn't disappoint, coming up with the word Bismil which means wounded and is commonly used in the Valley. 

"As a child I'd first heard the word Bismil at the dargahs I visited. It was short for Bismillah, the starting point for any successful project, and as a result it had a spiritual significance for me," points out Sukhwinder. 

For Vishal, the singer was the obvious choice. "He's the only one who can give expression to such songs. Working with him is like jamming, he gives his inputs," he smiles. 

Sukhwinder admits that it took him 20 minutes to get the mukhda right. Crooning the signature lines, Bismil bismil bulbul-e-bismil (bismil..), Mat mil mat mil gul se mat mil (mat mil..), Aye Bismil bismil bulbul-e-bismil, Mat mil, mat mil gul se mat mil, Bismil bismil bulbul-e-bismil, Aye dil-e-bulbul bulbul-e-bismil-Mushkil-e-dil bhi mushkil hoti hain, he points out that Gulzar's intelligent word play initially had everyone in the studio laughing. "Once I got the hang of it, the rest of the song flowed naturally," he reminisces. 

Deflecting a query about how long it took them to complete the recording, Sukhwinder retorts, "Why would we watch the clock? We were not trying to set a record, only celebrating music." For him, a high point was when he heard the song playing at a night club in South Africa last week. 

After recording Bismil, Sukwinder was surprised by another call from Vishal informing that he wanted to record another version of the song. "When are you free?" he asked. Sukhwinder offered to come along right away. "And there in the studio, right before my eyes, Ek Aur Bismil took shape. In 20 years, I've never heard anything like this in Indian cinema. Some people are congratulating me for singing jazz so well while others are saying I rock with country music," Sukhwinder smiles. 

"A big thanks to Vishal and Gulzar saab who in this day and age, when drums are drowning out voices and lyrics are nothing more than a jumble of senseless words, have come up with a song like Bismil, twice over."

Go to top