Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~** HAIDER [U/A] - Updates Thread - D-DAY!!! YAY!! **~ (Page 113)

MereMahiyaa. IF-Addictz
MereMahiyaa.
MereMahiyaa.

Posted: 15 September 2014 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
17 daaays Silly

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 3:43am | IP Logged
Sweet!!...Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazinga.

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged

Xclusive Interview Haider is the best film of my career: Shahid Kapoor

Shahid Kapoor in an exclusive interview to Talking Moviez talks about Haider, Shaandaar,R...Rajkumar, Prabhudheva, Vishal Bhardwaj and lots more. Have a look.

Q.How was it shooting for a Dark Thriller like Haider?

Shahid: Haider is not a dark film; in fact we have shot most of the film in snow and that too during the day time. Kashmir itself is so beautiful that there cannot be a dark film shot at the place.

Q.Do you think you are passing through the golden phase of your career?

Shahid: I won't call this a golden phase but yes I am happy with the way things are going on right now. I am happy with the box office performance of my previous film R...Rajkumar, I am proud of the film I am promoting now i.e.Haider and I am having lots of fun shooting for Shandaar. I never imagined that I would get a role like Haider. Film makers surprise you with how they see you how they view you. I am happy that I got to play Hamlet and shoot a entire film in Kashmir. I consider myself lucky to shoot a film with Kay Kay, Irrfan, Tabbu. In fact, i would rate the character i am playing in Haider as the most challenging role of my career and i feel Haider is the best film of my career. I saw the film around 20-25 days ago and after watching the film, i was just proud of the work Vishal Sir and the entire team of Haider has done.

Q.Would you say you did R..Rajkumar to get into the commercial space and now with Haider you back to do off beat film?

Shahid: As an actor it is all about how you look and you hope people accept you. Going from a genre like R..Rajkumar to a genre like Haider, from a film maker like PrabhuDheva to a film maker like Vishal Sir: It makes you understand that you have gone from one spectrum to another. It is scary but it is liberating. It makes be believe that I am up to do any kind of role now.

Q.You experimented many times in the past by doing films like Mausam or Phata Poster Nikhla Hero, but only R...Rajkumar worked. Do you think people like to see you doing more commercial films?

Shahid: I think if there was a more established action hero in R...Rajkumar, it would have done more money. I think even if I do another film like R...Rajkumar which is a good film it will make more money than R...Rajkumar. The film just opened a new genre for me which I have not attempted before. When you change a genre, it is always challenging and people doubt your capabilities, but the second time you do it people have already accepted you in that role so you know what you have to offer the audiences. If I do another film in that genre, I think it will take things forward in that space and I am looking forward to do a film of that genre if given a chance to do the same.

Q.Could you tell something about Shaandaar?

Shahid: Shandaar is Vikas's dream and I am happy that I am proud of his dream. He convinced me that the film is the most amazing dream and hence I am a part of it.  I am here to do all kind of films but I have to be ready to enter the world which will be the film maker's work. So whoever will be able to offer me the best script, whichever connects with me the most will be my journey for next few months.

Q.Do you think Haider attracts to a niche audience and the box office perspective of the film will be affected?

Shahid: When I did Kaminey people said it is the most non commercial film I have done in my life and it made more money than any film I had done in my career. I don't go by any closed thoughts as there are many films in the past few months which when they were getting made, everybody said it won't do well but they went on to earn 100 crores at the box office like Barfi, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. Even Lagaan, Rang De Basanti, Taare Zameen Par, Munna Bhai were considered non commercial films but they went on to do well. Now the audiences have begun to accept new genres.  Because I have been in industry since a long time, I feel comfortable to jump onto different genres. I feel now I am ready to do different kind of film and I felt at some level I felt I am ready for R...Rajkumar and hence it worked. I am not 6 feat long that I can hit 30 people and all. I was worried that I hope audiences don't laugh at me doing action. Prabhu sir made it with certain conviction and hence people liked it.

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 8:32am | IP Logged
@SonyLIV: Haider, directed by Vishal Bhardwaj is the new talk of the town. What is your opinion of this upcoming film and Shahid Kapoor's role in it?
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Cool!!...Shraddha sharing pics...Embarrassed

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Gosh!!...Shahid has seen the movie already!!...Big smile

I saw the film around 20-25 days ago and after watching the film, i was just proud of the work Vishal Sir and the entire team of Haider has done
vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Embarrassed

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 11:58am | IP Logged
@twaraich: Bhai, this Haider movie looks great. Would be stupid to miss it.

Go to top