Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I like that Vishal likes to experiment Shaksphere in the Indian context but his choice of actors leaves much to be desired. Now Shahid is a decent actor but I doubt he has the depth to play Hamlet or such complex roles. Ofcourse a lot will be in the director's hands...to create situations that bring out the best in his actors & I am not sure if Vishal can do it! His last venture, Matru ki bijli ka Mandola  was such a disaster that I doubt I will spend my hard earned money to see another one of his movies! Edited by bollyd - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: vssaras

Really...Kaminey was not a Shakespeare adaptation..and Vishal is quite a respected director with his own fan following..

Brafi would have been a lot better with Shahid in it..at least he would have acted in it..instead of just making comical faces like Ranbir...

Hits are good but not the only defining thing of an actor..actor should be able to act..😛

i never said dat Shahid is a bad actor.. its just that i dont see him capable enuff to fit into any of d shakespear characters.. 
nd as far as Ranbir is concerned, even i wud say he cant play Hamlet too..
nd yes actor needs to act, but obviously, when that acting reaches to d audience, then only d film becomes successful.. so we can also say that Shahid cudnt make his acting connect wid audience in any of his films except kaminey...😛
Barfii cud be a lot better than Shahid, yes, nd wid any other actor, WHEN anurag basu knew hw to extract that kind of performance.. neither Shahid gave any extraordinary performance in his career, nd neither he has dat much strong knowledge on scripts.. so yeah doing Hamlet can be good for him, but it will be a let down for ppl like me, who loved Hamlet, hw tough is dat to understand ?..

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

i never said dat Shahid is a bad actor.. its just that i dont see him capable enuff to fit into any of d shakespear characters.. 
nd as far as Ranbir is concerned, even i wud say he cant play Hamlet too..
nd yes actor needs to act, but obviously, when that acting reaches to d audience, then only d film becomes successful.. so we can also say that Shahid cudnt make his acting connect wid audience in any of his films except kaminey...😛
Barfii cud be a lot better than Shahid, yes, nd wid any other actor, WHEN anurag basu knew hw to extract that kind of performance.. neither Shahid gave any extraordinary performance in his career, nd neither he has dat much strong knowledge on scripts.. so yeah doing Hamlet can be good for him, but it will be a let down for ppl like me, who loved Hamlet, hw tough is dat to understand ?..

In that case...Sorry for you...😛 😆

nd whats there to attack when someone just opines wid a different view ?.. its not that our opinions can change d fate of d film or d fate of d actor.. ofcourse our say comes from whatever we saw from dat actor/actress previously. Yes he is a decent actor, dancer, nd blah nd blah, but its still a FACT that hestill has to prove his mettle to prove his followers' right.. till now he hasnt...
vssaras thumbnail

Today is Kaminey's anniversary..so a great piece of news on this day..
Originally posted by: vssaras

In that case...Sorry for you...😛 😆

lol.. dont be..
we have Hamlet adaptation coming up by both anurag kashyap nd tigmanshu dhulia, nd one of them stars Hrithik Roshan, nd may be the other one will have some other strong performer.. so i have still something to look4ward..😉
feel sorry for Shahid, he needs an avergae BO film atleast , for his current year ..😳
vssaras thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

lol.. dont be..
we have Hamlet adaptation coming up by both anurag kashyap nd tigmanshu dhulia, nd one of them stars Hrithik Roshan, nd may be the other one will have some other strong performer.. so i have still something to look4ward..😉
feel sorry for Shahid, he needs an avergae BO film atleast , for his current year ..😳

In that case...good for you..😛😆...you get to enjoy the other versions

I get to enjoy my Shahid's version...😳

Both of us happy...😆

theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shahid and hamlet ? really !!! 😕if their is an actor who can play hamlet in ahistoric way its only HRITHIK ROSHAN

he look like aprice

he can act in agreat way

in these comples role hrithik can nail it but shahid dont have any abily to do that but may be thing will change ater we see the promo
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Caaant wait fooor the Moviiieee with shahid :D
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Originally posted by: loveayazraghu

I can't believe some of the comments here, Shahid is no crowd puller, shahid sucks, he can't act 😆

blah blah blah
If people like Sonam, Katrina, jackie, sunny leone, imran can make it big in bollywood then why not Shahid? 😆
Shahid can act. Compare his performances fida, jab we met, kaminey even
he has been an actor all along 
Shahid has everything the role of Hamlet requires, he has more acting skills than the flowerpots of bollywood and he made a few wrong choices but that doesn't mean he has no skills
As for PPNH , I am sure it will surprise people. Shahid is quite popular, he has that innocence and people loved him in JWM and even kaminey boasted of his acting skills
if the script is right, PPNH will work. If YJHD can work with absolutely no story then if PPNH has a story whats wrong in it? 
shahid can act better than the younger lot, Shahid could even pull off Barfi 
and except for Katrina, Ranbir, Khans, Bacchans no one is a real crowd puller in bollywood 

well said 👏