Interesting books to read on Mughal era

sfdiva23 Groupbie
sfdiva23
sfdiva23

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:52am | IP Logged
If anyone is interested in reading about the Mughal era 
fiction novels  I recommend, Indu Sundaresan  who has written :

The Twentieth Wife 
 About  Mehrunissa, daughter of Persian refugees and wife of an Afghan commander, becomes Empress of the Mughal Empire under the name of Nur Jahan and is married to Jahingir/Salim, Akbar/Jalal  and Miriam Zamani/Hira Kunwar's son.

The Feast of Roses 
A Continuation of  The Twentieth Wife

Shadow Princess
 The third novel of the Taj Mahal trilogy
Jahanara from the moment her mother dies in June of 1631, is forced to bear the weight of her father's grief, confront warring brothers, engage in a rivalry with her sister Roshanara both politically, and personally'when they both fall in love with the same noble at court. In the end, all of these events overshadow Princess Jahanara's life, none more than the magnificent tomb her father builds for her mother'the Taj Mahal.

The Taj Trilogy from Nur Jehan to  Shah Jehan's daughters.

I loved both the first two books and have just started reading Shadow Princess.  The great thing about these books is they focus on history from the women's perspective and showing the power that women in that era were able to gain from themselves.  Usually, history has focused on men and rarely from women's perspective.

Edited by sfdiva23 - 14 August 2013 at 1:29am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

melanie64Annarichardpallavi003smile.saraStar_girl....Poojie....riyya6

riyya6 IF-Stunnerz
riyya6
riyya6

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:04am | IP Logged
tfs Embarrassed
Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:08am | IP Logged
I did read the The Twentieth wife. It was good. Thanks for sharing. Btw, Riyya, you should read the Palace of Illusions, if you have an interest in mythology. It is the retelling of Mahabharat from Panchali's perspective, with a Karna-Panchali romance thrown in. LOL Freaking awesome. Sorry, again diverted the topic. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

melanie64pallavi003smile.sarariyya6

pallavi003 IF-Dazzler
pallavi003
pallavi003

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl

I did read the The Twentieth wife. It was good. Thanks for sharing. Btw, Riyya, you should read the Palace of Illusions, if you have an interest in mythology. It is the retelling of Mahabharat from Panchali's perspective, with a Karna-Panchali romance thrown in. LOL Freaking awesome. Sorry, again diverted the topic. LOL
if you have any soft copy link then PM me.. I would like to read it. I have heard before about the panchali-karna romance fiasco...it interests me.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_girlriyya6

pallavi003 IF-Dazzler
pallavi003
pallavi003

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sfdiva23

If anyone is interested in reading about the Mughal era 
fiction novels  I recommend, Indu Sundaresan  who has written :

The Twentieth Wife 
 About  Mehrunissa, daughter of Persian refugees and wife of an Afghan commander, becomes Empress of the Mughal Empire under the name of Nur Jahan and is married to Jahingir/Salim, Akbar/Jalal  and Miriam Zamani/Hira Kunwar's son.

The Feast of Roses 
A Continuation of  The Twentieth Wife
tfs..SmileSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smile.sarariyya6

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PallaviDas003

if you have any soft copy link then PM me.. I would like to read it. I have heard before about the panchali-karna romance fiasco...it interests me.Big smile

Definitely. I may have one. I will look for it, and send it to you. That book was freaking stunning. LOL And Karna was lovely. Lovely. I have always shipped Panchali with Karna. They work together. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lijula85pallavi003smile.sarariyya6

riyya6 IF-Stunnerz
riyya6
riyya6

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by PallaviDas003

Definitely. I may have one. I will look for it, and send it to you. That book was freaking stunning. LOL And Karna was lovely. Lovely. I have always shipped Panchali with Karna. They work together. LOL
Link to me 2 plz LOL... im not sure whether i will have to to read but will surely make time for romance fiasco LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_girl

leelu0001 IF-Dazzler
leelu0001
leelu0001

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 4:13am | IP Logged
tfs

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index