Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Rohit Shetty himself is a South Indian ... I don't think he will event are to insult his own religion or try to hurt his family sentiment in this process!

Whatever RO have seen from films I have just been impressed by culture and beauty of South! Not so many picture have explored it beauty in BW and its good step! 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
well there were lots of caricatures and stereotypes in the movie...but those werent bad enough to be termed as offensive...

im a southie but not a Tamilian...so wouldnt kno exactly how ppl of that particular state felt...

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: beboholic

Yes. Am not even South Indian and I felt offended. The movie def mocks the South Indians. Not their language..I felt Rohit Shetty was mocking their looks. And in the beg Srk calls those fat men poor people. What was the need for that? From what I understood..Srk's character isn't even rich. 

His character is rich.. his grandpa left everything behind him. ๐Ÿ˜† and I used to think like you about the look thing before watching the movie. But then Deepika played a pretty south indian girl.

Coming to topic, it would have been mocking had they used the word 'Aiyyo' gazillion times.. since thats the common perception about SIians๐Ÿ˜ณ. I was relieved that CE didn't portray South Indians in a stereotypical way.
AWonderfulChaos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dont think so...m a north indian but livng in chennai...my friends who are tamilians accompanied me...they didnt find anythng offensive n they arent even SRK fans...! 
All they cud complain was how few scenes they had already seen in Tamil movies ๐Ÿ˜†
tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pakeezah

As if gujjus , punjabis, north East Indians haven't been mocked

in films, it's just humor. Come onnn...

I agree with your point of view ... yes other communities have also been mocked in several movies, just made a thread on it bcoz CE is comlpletely dedicated to south Indian people, even the title.
Edited by tanya.91 - 10 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: tanya.91

I agree with your point of view ... yes other communities have also been mocked in several movies, just made a thread on it bcoz CI is comlpletely dedicated to south Indian people, even the title.

cough*Son Of Sardar* cough

tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: BeShArAm

cough*Son Of Sardar* cough

I understand and agree with what u r saying, but then 2 wrongs can't make 1 right. (just my pov)