DC Reflections - 29 - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Bas chotti si kharoch hai ...

A raw gash ...on the palm of his left hand ... centered on the Mount of Venus ... Mount of passion... Love ... Marriage

Alone in his room he flinches ... his palm stinging. He stares at his palm and is transported back a few hours ... As past moments unfurl ... He gently fists his palm ... wanting to clasp the moments within his softly fisted hand .. . 

Exhausted ... mentally ... Physically ... He slowly bends his knees and flops on the bed ... deliberatly opening his palm ... Not sure if the gash will still be there ...  It is still there ... An inch long, raw surface wound ... It will take time no to heal ... Just like he had said to his Di ... Bas chotti si kharoch ... Nothing to worry about ... 

He runs his fingures over the wound ... cut by her red Churi ... How deep it runs ...  An indelible lesion on his soul ... Thru this small penetration in his armor, seep in emotions ... flooding him ... He has no weapons against them ... Briefly he surrenders ... Much ... much later he will heal and rejoice ... and color the same spot with her wedding mehendi ... Promising a life time of loving indulgence ...

He worries about the other mirrored Kharoch. ... The crimson gash on the tender skin of her wrist ... exposed, bloodied and bruised  ... The imprint of his fingers wrapped around her wrists like three bangles ... She too is marked and will take time to heal ... Much ... Much later she too will heal and rejoice with his bangles clinking on her flawless wrists ... His promise of a lifetime of loving together ...

But for now the wounds are fresh and raw ...The throbbing pain pins both to the moment it happened ... Both are bound by the hurt ... inflicted in equal measure ... Khushi is remembering a crasses she had felt ... even through the fog of her unconscious mind ...  And ASR is tormented by his inability to do anything ... There are no ties that bind her to him ... She is not his ... He now knows how loved and cherised she is ... She will be well taken care of,  by her fierecly protective family ... Yet he is restless ... He is the one who should be there ... wiping that wound ... tending to her ... infront of her when she opens her eyes ... 

Nani's summons drags him out of his stupor ... It doesn't take ASR long to surface ... He mulls and minimises ... Jaldbazi mein lieagay faislay ... A momentary lapse in his judgment... That's merely what this was ... 

But ASR, the mind ... you know how that works ... You may deny and deny ... But your heart speaks ... Mujeh abhi Khushi Kay bara mein koi baat nahin karni ... A Freudian slip ... Not once but twice ... 

If only his Nani had really listened maybe then she wouldn't have panicked ... She is thinking ... He is in love with a wrong girl ... And he is saying ... I am not in love ... I don't believe in love ... Don't push him Naniji ... Had you let sleeping dogs lie ... this would have resolved in no time ... Had she not continuously goaded him ... 

His Di ... The one who reads him like a large print picture book ... and knows how to calm him ... Only for her ... but even then, only after a gentle, loving, circuitious coaxing, he lowers  his shields ... and right before her eyes ASR receeds and in his place sits a fourteen year old hurt, lost Arnav ... Hi Di immediately knows the cure to what ails him ... 

Originally posted by Ipoona

Nani's summons drags him out of his stupor ... It doesn't take ASR long to surface ... He mulls and minimises ... Jaldbazi mein lieagay faislay ... A momentary lapse in his judgment... That's merely what this was ... 

If only his Nani had really listened maybe then she wouldn't have panicked ... She is thinking ... He is in love with a wrong girl ... And he is saying ... I am not in love ... I don't believe in love ... Don't push him Naniji ... Had you let sleeping dogs lie ... this would have resolved in no time ... Had she not continuously goaded him ... 

Poona stunning post ... hope we dont sound like phangurlzz ... but truly romantic post ...each day u r bringing to life the LOVE .. reading ur post is like dipping into a romantic novel .. truly lovely ... as usual tumhara post padte hi ek gaana yaad aaya ... arzz kiya hai ... 

... CAN U FEEL THE LOVE TONITE ... 

I just had one observation here ... isnt this murmur of KHUSHI's name .. isnt this PAUSE on KHUSHI .. the reason Nani makes it certain that KHUSHI is around Arnav ... 

She notices & is shocked on his focus on Khushi .. when the said focus shud be on La ... remember nani is unaware of Khushi & Arnav's past skirmishes .. according to her .. KHUSHI works for Arnav .. 

This is her first pause moment ..  which will be further cemented on the second pause moment .. the verbal slap day .. & Arnav's quiet acceptance of the slap ... 

Her third pause will be on Anji anniv ... where she sees Khushi's ability to offer solace very smartly to anji .. the women who is Arnav's world ... it is this acceptance from KHUSHI of Anji ... which makes Nani completely sure .. that KHUSHI was the one person who will be able to SHAKE this MOUNTAIN ... 
Edited by redwine1 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Ipoona

His Di ... The one who reads him like a large print picture book ... and knows how to calm him ... Only for her ... but even then, only after a gentle, loving, circuitious coaxing, he lowers  his shields ... and right before her eyes ASR receeds and in his place sits a fourteen year old hurt, lost Arnav ... Hi Di immediately knows the cure to what ails him ... 

Wow Poona... what an ending !!! Right before her eyes... ASR recedes and in his place, sits a 14 yr old hurt, lost Arnav...

Couldn't have said it better myself !!!!  I agree with Rubz here... I'm a phangurl, now !!!! 

I don't generally complement Ruby on the forum, in public... but she knows (at least I hope she knows) I am the biggest fan of her writing... I'm a person of few words... and you guys write what my heart wants to say... u guyz put words to my thoughts... in a much, much better way that I can convey !!! 

Hats off girls !

Arnav always reminded of a little child who locked himself (his essence) away in a room and refused to open the door to any experience of love, affection, fun... anything that he associated with his mother... father's betrayal of mother who loved him, betrayal of his chachu and other bitter experience in life only taught him surround himself with more and more walls with the result that he lost his freedom to live life, anybody in jail, is he/she considered as being 'FREE'...BTW, it's not just Arnav, most people in life (excludign saints) are this way without exceptions, periond...we truly don't even know what we are capable of and utilize a small percentage of what we can give or share with others... anyways, I digress... liltle does ASR know that DM has other plans for him and wants to make him free because her child does not realize that he's not able to breathe free in this mode of self imprisonment

His first meeting with Khushi happened one fateful day and he got the biggest jolt of his life and Khushi was the ray of hope to lure him out... the child refused to open the door and is scared even more than before at the call of love... every single attempt on his part has to been to ignore and try to stay away from the sunshine... he closed his eyes against the sunshine that's trying to show him the way and free him from his burdens...is it easy to convince somone who's so afraid?  It takes repeated knocks and that too real hard ones...so, DM kept throwing them together and he could not resist Khushi and opened the door a bit wider and saw a bit more of the sunshiny love and he was hooked on to it, but the mind persists in it's own way and he goes back, then he comes out, then he goes back comes out and and one fine day, the locked door was permanently opened

ASR was free to live life, free to breathe without pain, with Khushi by his side always holding him and showing the way, he's free to experience life... she taught him to move on in life and just have cherished memories of the good times

I always loved Khushi's character because the 'GIFT OF LOVE' she gave Arnav is above and way beyond what he was able to do for her.  In life, it's easy to give money or help people in real troubles by other means, but can we easily help people out of their self-imprisonments, espeically when people resist so much... at some point one would even give up hope, some times repeated talks, encouragement, nothing works, but one fine day, some magical thing works and the person is actually able to LIVE, this is the highest any one of us can do for others.  BTW, plz don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to lessen what Arnav did for Khushi.

Ritzy, I'll definitely make a post on Khushi as she's very close to my heart.  I also felt that Arnav had so much depth in his character truly reflecting his name, 'Arnavam' actually means Ocean or something very deep.

Note:  Sorry no time to proofread so pardon moi mistekiyaπŸ˜‰, hope what i wrote makes sense
Originally posted by chitmanas

Ritzy, I'll definitely make a post on Khushi as she's very close to my heart.  I also felt that Arnav had so much depth in his character truly reflecting his name, 'Arnavam' actually means Ocean or something very deep.

Beautiful post as always, Lucky...

And am looking forward to reading your post on Khushi !!!
😊
Ruby...Poona...u guys again made me speechless today...superb...and thanks for the VM...
redwine and poona, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas about this wonderful show, it's like watching taking a walk down memory lane and connecting up some missing dots
poona, i can't tell you how much i enjoy your posts, they are truly wonderful

redwine, kya likhti hai yaar, god bless you
Superb Analysis πŸ˜Š One of ma fav episode πŸ˜Š

Ruby, AWESOME analysis!! What can I say, I am just speechless at the way you've connected the dots. Until I read your piece, hadn't guessed the haq hai tumhara clutch connect to this epi's clutch. And I have to admit that while at some point I'd also registered that Khushi was not unaffected by Arnav, actively seeking out his company, but that she'd staked her claim this early on had not compl registered. So love that you pointed it out so plainly.

And again your insights into Payal's "kya bigada hai isne aapka?" What a question!! One that clearly flummoxes yet disturbs him, so that when Anjali repeats the question to him when he's back in his room, he has to frustratedly admit, "Pata nahin di..." How to admit to Anjali, what he could not admit to himself. And no doubt those penetrating questions of Payal's were playing in a loop in his mind. Well done, Payal! This is the one episode where we get to see Payal's back-bone at its strongest. Doesn't back down even from ASR.

And oh yes the bangle-breaking scene during PayAsh's wedding! Finally, he was able to (literally) kiss her hurt better. No doubt he could have managed as good a grip on the glass fragment with his fingers, but the mouth added a certain piquancy to the act, and was no doubt satisfying as hell.πŸ˜‰

Incidentally, the Mujhe Karne Do is mirrored some episodes later by Khushi when she's up all night caring for an Arnav laid low by her Gopi Bahu antics unmindful of his diabetes.

And yes the shared graze, the PH's wink, wink at the blood donation cliche in other serials, or an exchange of something deeper, more elemental even? The miscing of souls, I like to think.

Finally, have to point out that Arnav was always so shareef that even when he had the opportunity, he touched her no more than was just necessary. The unconscious Khushi would never have known, but Arnav just restricted himself to pushing the lock of  hair back into place, wiping away a stray tear, and then, just, barely grazed the softness of her cheek with his fingertips. Had it been Shyam, who was happy to gaze down Khushi's cleavage whenever the opportunity presents, well it could have been another story altogether. But it was Arnav, and by now there's love as well as lust.

Edited by tvbug2011 - 10 years ago
Sabs

"And yes the shared graze, the PH's wink, wink at the blood donation cliche in other serials, or an exchange of something deeper, more elemental even? The miscing of souls, I like to think."

😲   Holly cow!!! How can I be so dense!!! Really????

I thought blood exchange sort of implies a brother / sisterhood ... I know I have a best blood sister from Seventh class ... Poked our wrists with compasses and held them together ... Still best friends ... Years on ... πŸ˜›