Chhan Chhan

Kaumudhi's Makover Justified

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
I had so many hesitations about this whole Kaumudhi makeover project. I felt that it was just not right. To me it was more of an insult for her to undergo a complete makeover just to please her husband and get his attention. I was a bit upset with ChanChan on pushing her for this too.

However, I loved how the CVs portrayed it in last night's episode. ChanChan's explanation that Kaumudhi has to transform her outlook which is part of her identity for her own confidence and self-esteem made it look so much better. See it's all about how you present a track even if the content is more or less the same. Had it been a typical saash-bahu show, mark my words you'd see the wife all transformed solely for her husband and the latter would just give a nod and a smile in return which would make her the happiest person on earth. That kind of perspective simply annoys me beyond belief. 

Now I can shout: Go Kaumudhi Go. 
Edited by Oyster - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LuvArnavKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
I completely agree. I also found it weird how they were making her change her look to make her husband like her but once CC started talking, it made much more sense. I want Kaumudi to be a strong woman. The next time Mugut says something stupid, I want her to stand up for herself and say something back - then he'll also realize she has a backbone. Excited to see how she'll change for the better and how she'll make her stupid husband beg on his knees for forgiveness. 
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
exactly .. I was feeling reluctant about why to emphasize on this makeover part  .. but today  CC's dialogue was awesome .. 

Do it for her ownself .. 

I want CVs to give Kaumudi some scenes where she can give him an earful .. 
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well said... today Chhanchhan gave some powerful messages. One, God helps those who help themselves, everyone has to put in the effort to improve their lives. Second, before Kaumudi is a mother, wife and bahu she is a woman, she needs to respect and love herself first and then others will do the same. Thirdly, nobody should force Kaumudi, she should have freedom to choose what she wants to do and be happy. All important to instill self respect and esteem in Kaumudi. Chhanchhan and UB can only help Kaumudi, but ultimately it is Kaumudi who has to take steps to fix her relationship with her husband, if she wants to. Chhanchhan told her even earlier that everything is in Kaumudi's hand, others can only assist.

Enjoying this track thoroughly and I hope creatives take it slow and go deeper into these issues, show a gradual transformation of Kaumudi into a confident woman and Mugut realizing his faults and meeting her halfway. This track has so much potential.

Wanted to add that taking care of oneself is also part of developing self esteem, looking good and grooming adds to one feeling better of oneself. So, Chhanchhan started with that, changing mentality takes more time.
Edited by showviewer - 10 years ago
Jaymaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Realy need to makeover kaumudhi...also change  hairstyle too.and makeup..😛
kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah. Self-esteem and confidence are what a person makes. Part of self esteem comes from feeling good about yourself. The way Kaumudi's makeover has been undertaken is no less than brilliant. 
Chhan Chhan very cleverly is teaching Kaumudi bhabhi that things aren't going to happen just sitting passively and wishing for them. You have to make them happen.
You're right. 
It's a new mind set on and of Indian TV. 
(And by the looks of it, not everyone is able to handle this cup of tea!!!)
Edited by kbtr - 10 years ago
GodhuliLogon thumbnail
and somehow I feel like this makeover is also justified .. 

she has to cope up with his husband in social meetings or business meeting .. right compatibility is needed for a happy conjugal life .. so in a way CC is doing great .. but it could have done with care by her husband also if he was a better husband earlier .. 
Edited by GodhuliLogon - 10 years ago
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This Kaumudi - Mukut track made Chhan Chhan interesting for me finally. I saw all the last week episodes. Finally the show seems doable for me.

Its not about pleasing the husband its about a certain equality in levels in communication. Kaumudi is a good bahu but some where down the line she remained only a bahu not a patni which is the whole point. Uma Ben's rules caused the rift.

golpokobita thumbnail
This is absolutely my condition, too!

Because i was annoyed with CC fro emphasizing on makeover so much...
But after watching today's episode, i am not only relieved, rather amazed by CVs plans.. And I agree with CC.. the new look is to remind kaumadi that she needs to respect herself first... whether others like it or not, can be left damn cared!

And from the precap it seems that, this theory worked.
Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Senorita Sanaya

This Kaumudi - Mukut track made Chhan Chhan interesting for me finally. I saw all the last week episodes. Finally the show seems doable for me.

Its not about pleasing the husband its about a certain equality in levels in communication. Kaumudi is a good bahu but some where down the line she remained only a bahu not a patni which is the whole point. Uma Ben's rules caused the rift.

So glad that SOMETHING brought you back to the show Harshu. Now you need to stick around, okay?!

Oh yes, it's UB's fault to a large extent but we can't say Kaumudhi has no mistake to regret for either. I mean look at ChanChan... she makes sure she has all the time for her husband despite being a bahu of the same household.