India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Kaumudhi's Makover Justified

Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
I had so many hesitations about this whole Kaumudhi makeover project. I felt that it was just not right. To me it was more of an insult for her to undergo a complete makeover just to please her husband and get his attention. I was a bit upset with ChanChan on pushing her for this too.

However, I loved how the CVs portrayed it in last night's episode. ChanChan's explanation that Kaumudhi has to transform her outlook which is part of her identity for her own confidence and self-esteem made it look so much better. See it's all about how you present a track even if the content is more or less the same. Had it been a typical saash-bahu show, mark my words you'd see the wife all transformed solely for her husband and the latter would just give a nod and a smile in return which would make her the happiest person on earth. That kind of perspective simply annoys me beyond belief. 

Now I can shout: Go Kaumudhi Go. 

Edited by Oyster - 13 August 2013 at 8:29pm

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkkksudhasarikagowdRainy01golpokobitaBubblySanayaSiestaLuvArnavKhushiSS88SanzforSushNNN-08-sarita_barunshowviewerSpellofJoymisscrazyfanayshaomarChitraFDiyaSOmNaMaSteOmGodhuliLogonkbtrbkamberxAaliyaArshi.Sugi.IPKAdorableDevil

LuvArnavKhushi Goldie
LuvArnavKhushi
LuvArnavKhushi

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
I completely agree. I also found it weird how they were making her change her look to make her husband like her but once CC started talking, it made much more sense. I want Kaumudi to be a strong woman. The next time Mugut says something stupid, I want her to stand up for herself and say something back - then he'll also realize she has a backbone. Excited to see how she'll change for the better and how she'll make her stupid husband beg on his knees for forgiveness. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sudhasarikagowdSS88showviewerDiyaSOysterGodhuliLogon

GodhuliLogon IF-Sizzlerz
GodhuliLogon
GodhuliLogon

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
exactly .. I was feeling reluctant about why to emphasize on this makeover part  .. but today  CC's dialogue was awesome .. 

Do it for her ownself .. 

I want CVs to give Kaumudi some scenes where she can give him an earful .. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sudhasarikagowdLuvArnavKhushishowviewerOysterAdorableDevil

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Well said... today Chhanchhan gave some powerful messages. One, God helps those who help themselves, everyone has to put in the effort to improve their lives. Second, before Kaumudi is a mother, wife and bahu she is a woman, she needs to respect and love herself first and then others will do the same. Thirdly, nobody should force Kaumudi, she should have freedom to choose what she wants to do and be happy. All important to instill self respect and esteem in Kaumudi. Chhanchhan and UB can only help Kaumudi, but ultimately it is Kaumudi who has to take steps to fix her relationship with her husband, if she wants to. Chhanchhan told her even earlier that everything is in Kaumudi's hand, others can only assist.

Enjoying this track thoroughly and I hope creatives take it slow and go deeper into these issues, show a gradual transformation of Kaumudi into a confident woman and Mugut realizing his faults and meeting her halfway. This track has so much potential.

Wanted to add that taking care of oneself is also part of developing self esteem, looking good and grooming adds to one feeling better of oneself. So, Chhanchhan started with that, changing mentality takes more time.

Edited by showviewer - 13 August 2013 at 9:33pm

shrutasudhasarikagowdSS88DiyaSOysterGodhuliLogon

Jaymaa IF-Sizzlerz
Jaymaa
Jaymaa

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Realy need to makeover kaumudhi...also change  hairstyle too.and makeup..Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sudhasarikagowdOyster

kbtr IF-Sizzlerz
kbtr
kbtr

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Yeah. Self-esteem and confidence are what a person makes. Part of self esteem comes from feeling good about yourself. The way Kaumudi's makeover has been undertaken is no less than brilliant. 
Chhan Chhan very cleverly is teaching Kaumudi bhabhi that things aren't going to happen just sitting passively and wishing for them. You have to make them happen.
You're right. 
It's a new mind set on and of Indian TV. 
(And by the looks of it, not everyone is able to handle this cup of tea!!!)

Edited by kbtr - 13 August 2013 at 9:12pm

sudhasarikagowdSanzforSushshowviewerGodhuliLogonDiyaSOyster

GodhuliLogon IF-Sizzlerz
GodhuliLogon
GodhuliLogon

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
and somehow I feel like this makeover is also justified .. 

she has to cope up with his husband in social meetings or business meeting .. right compatibility is needed for a happy conjugal life .. so in a way CC is doing great .. but it could have done with care by her husband also if he was a better husband earlier .. 

Edited by GodhuliLogon - 13 August 2013 at 9:23pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sudhasarikagowdDiyaSOyster

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 13 August 2013 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
This Kaumudi - Mukut track made Chhan Chhan interesting for me finally. I saw all the last week episodes. Finally the show seems doable for me.

Its not about pleasing the husband its about a certain equality in levels in communication. Kaumudi is a good bahu but some where down the line she remained only a bahu not a patni which is the whole point. Uma Ben's rules caused the rift.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sudhasarikagowdSS88Oyster

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index