misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I like the names of Shlok and Astha given to the two protagonists. Shlok usually means hymns or  chants. Astha means faith/belief. Although Shloks are interesting to read by themselves, they become more complete/whole when faith or ashtha is included while chanting the shlokes. In comparison, astha or faith can usually survive on its own...it does not need any hymns or rituals. Just having faith or ashtha is enough. So although it looks like Sriman Shlokji will be interesting by himself, he will need Kumari Astha to make him complete.  ðŸ˜‰ Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,  I like your explanation.  So Shlok will be brought down to earth by Astha seeing as how overconfident he seems to be. 

I have to say that I am liking Shlok.  In fact, despite him being different from Bholu, he still has Bholu type qualities and persona. 
goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks to explain the name
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting analysis of names .
now you are making my expectations very high from this PH .I mean if they can select these names with such thoughts then story wise also it will be interesting and no ditch ups...
Lets see...
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angie12

Misti,  I like your explanation.  So Shlok will be brought down to earth by Astha seeing as how overconfident he seems to be. 

I have to say that I am liking Shlok.  In fact, despite him being different from Bholu, he still has Bholu type qualities and persona. 

Thanks Angie. This thought just struck me when I heard the names of the protagonists. At this moment the things that I am interested in regarding this show are that who are the creatives, the director and the editor. They are the people who are responsible for the script, characterisation and execution of the show. The names of the characters are the closest things that I could find that are related to the script of this show. 

Shlok is Bholu yet not Bholu. Both think that what they think is right and others are wrong.😉 
Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Ekta--

Interesting analysis of names .

now you are making my expectations very high from this PH .I mean if they can select these names with such thoughts then story wise also it will be interesting and no ditch ups...
Lets see...

Thanks Ekta. I don't know whether the names have any connection with the story but I found this connection interesting and hence decided to share it. I hope that the makers have paid attention to the story and that the story has not been changed in a hurry to appease the channel. This show needs a strong script, characterisation and good execution.
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: misti73

Thanks Ekta. I don't know whether the names have any connection with the story but I found this connection interesting and hence decided to share it. I hope that the makers have paid attention to the story and that the story has not been changed in a hurry to appease the channel. This show needs a strong script, characterisation and good execution.

Strongly ,very strongly need at this time as Its second season yaar .And until now we have not any happy memories with these words 
Don't know if story is changed from that original one .High chances are there to make it concept wise similar to IPKKND season 1. But may be SP didn't disclose it first place .
Second option is like some say regarding PV2 .Story was for some other show but They changed it little bit to suit for Punar Vivah title.

This TV industry is not in my understanding sections at all. Now if they really think that they can cash on season1 's popularity .I mean if they had given other names ,fans may or may not have watch being some casual show like others but Now with second season ,they will strongly not watch . For example ,There are many zee shows which I don't mind watching if my family is watching .I mean I don't dislike if not like but Imagine our choti bahu with some other actors ,Will I have liking ?? So I just don't get this 'cash on popularity of a show' strategy at all .

This is story execution characters sketch which works .

Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice one, Misti.. Its true, one can have belief without voicing out trough chants and songs, but chants take life only trough belief, to b complete sholk needs ashta...seeing his attitude , i think there will be i cant-live-without-you-yet -my-ego-doesnt-let-me admit it kinda love story between shlok and ashta..
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Misti,love your analysis.And,yes Myra,you are right.It would be ego in Shlok's case & would not be ready to accept that he can't live without Astha.
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Ekta--

Strongly ,very strongly need at this time as Its second season yaar .And until now we have not any happy memories with these words 
Don't know if story is changed from that original one .High chances are there to make it concept wise similar to IPKKND season 1. But may be SP didn't disclose it first place .
Second option is like some say regarding PV2 .Story was for some other show but They changed it little bit to suit for Punar Vivah title.

This TV industry is not in my understanding sections at all. Now if they really think that they can cash on season1 's popularity .I mean if they had given other names ,fans may or may not have watch being some casual show like others but Now with second season ,they will strongly not watch . For example ,There are many zee shows which I don't mind watching if my family is watching .I mean I don't dislike if not like but Imagine our choti bahu with some other actors ,Will I have liking ?? So I just don't get this 'cash on popularity of a show' strategy at all .

This is story execution characters sketch which works .

SP is doing it as a business strategy. They are cashing in on the brand name of the show and also on Avinash (since he is the main focus of the promo). As a business strategy it might work...even if it is negative publicity it is getting the attention of the audience. Some might check in to see how Avinash's show is...some might check in to see whether the brand name of the show is maintained or not...some might check in out of curiosty to see what all this commotion is about...and some might check it so they can write that they have watched it and this season is not good as the first. So people might check it out but it is the script, characterisation and execution that is going to make the audience stick to the show and not leave it after few days/weeks. That is why I am worried about last minute changes to the script. It is another thing if they had planned this from the beginning and the script was written that way. They might not have let it out to the cast. Anyway usually Sphere's origin employs good writers and directors. If last moment changes have been done,then it is upto the writers and to the director to show their capability regarding handling pressure and also to present a good show to the audience.