Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Bossman

The respect factor comes with age. Better body of work? Not really. Bachchan was doing what Salman is doing today, hardcore masala. He never featured in a solo blockbuster. Like I said nostalgia. SRK has opened markets that never existed and its not all the rise of the desi diaspora either. They have a huge amount of non-desi viewers. Windsor must be special, because last time SRK did a show in Toronto, they had to do an encore the next day because the demand was so high. The Bachchan tour- a massive flop.
\

If you compare Bachchan to Salman then I gotta say even Salman has a better body of work than SRK.  😆 'Tere Naam' was fab!! 😎 SRK has nothing to show for all these years of work. 'Swades' perhaps but that's nowhere near 'Tere Naam'.  Bachchan is Bachchan. What Bachchan had in those days...the Bachchan mania cannot be compared to what these stars have these days. It was him and him ONLY. No one even came close. SRK jaise toh kai hain aajkal. Maybe Bachchan tour was a flop. What else can you expect when you have a loser for a son who tags along? They belong to different generations but like Rangeela says...you cannot say Beiber is better than the Beatles. He's just a hawa ka jhonka...Beatles will remain forever. Same with SRKs etc. Bachchan will remain forever. Rest...choti moti batein...hawa ke jhonke.

Anyways we'll never agree. So let's agree to disagree. :)

Oh I remember what happened at Trinity mall when Akshaye came! And the whole SIK promotion. Wil never forget the traffic jam that happened after.

Took me 30 minutes to get home...I live literally 5 minutes away lol
Originally posted by Rangeelaa

You have take into consideration the generation gap, times were different in 70s and 80s compared to 90s and 00's. the internet and marketing strategies have helped SRK become such a big global star. AB and other stars at that time didn't have but managed to make a huge impact. Like it means something when Baz Luhrmann is so in awe of you.
And you can't base everything out of numbers. Justin Bieber has broken some records of Nirvana and The Beatles but that definitely doesn't make him a bigger or better star. Plus take in consideration of multiplex,etc
AB movies didn't get that (at least from his prime) didn't get those international releases. 

im not gonna argue about whoes bigger and better and whatnot...but when u speak of internet and marketing strategies helping srk, whereas the stars from 70s-80s didnt have that advantage...i think its also a negative point...

ppl used to worship AB sr, he was the God for people in india...he didnt have much competition at his peak...he was the only big star...i think all the actors from back then had their peak time at different times...ppl didnt have any other major medium to be influenced off from...whereas now, theres sooo much more competition, so many more big names along with srk, even hollywood movies have made a special place in india...tv serials viewers have grown in numbers, the music industry has been able to establish its ground well too now...along with english music being so popular among youngsters past while...

with all this competition, SRK still managed to become a a very big global star...

if ur gonna be comparing all the advances of today...then if u take everything into account...it wouldve been harder for SRK to manage all that...but he still did...whereas AB sr was india's star, with very less competition...

im just talking about star power here...not going into the body of work and whoes better and all...thats all a different case...
Edited by mango-frost - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Oh I remember what happened at Trinity mall when Akshaye came! And the whole SIK promotion. Wil never forget the traffic jam that happened after.

Took me 30 minutes to get home...I live literally 5 minutes away lol

i live in vaughan, so im glad i managed to escape that ...but i heard alot about it too 😆
Oh please SRK fans, in future with better marketing strategies likes of Arjun, Sid will be the "superstar" and then Khans will fade
History was made by Bacchan. He was the original. 
and then they all took advantage of progressing times. 
You cannot compare a legend like Big B , to Srk- Aamir- Salman
Sure, they are popular. But Bacchan is royalty. 

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Is this really true ?

I know a couple of years ago Aishwarya Rai caused a huge traffic jam in Dubai and lots of influential people met her.

Same with Kareena who causes a frenzy at the mall.

Or does this person who they dined with live under a rock ? Most importantly , why would someone agree to have dinner with people they have never heard ? It doesn't make Sense

This sounds like SRK's sad PR
This is true, I saw the news this afternoon in a news channel as part of Entertainment quarter! And i don't think TV channels report PR/irrelevant news!
P.S I am trying to find the link, I'l try posting it as soon as i come across it.
Edited by lovelyaddiction - 10 years ago
This is seriously a social embarrassment, kind of humiliating. 
I never liked AB. Neither as a person nor as an actor. I will take SRK any day over him. In fact why Just SRK, i will even take average actors over him ! I guess SRK etc are more close to the era I got to knew BW as childhood and never knew AB. I thought he was an old man appearing here and there. May be this generation kids will prefer RK, Ranveer etc too over Khans, Akshay etc when they grow up during their teen ages as they will get to know BW coz of the new comers and will prefer them.  Edited by Cutieee1992 - 10 years ago
Who come to the trinity wall for promotion and who has a house in Mississauga road Akshay or SRK?Edited by lovelyaddiction - 10 years ago
Originally posted by lovelyaddiction

Who come to the trinity wall for promotion and who has a house in Mississauga road Akshay or SRK?

akshay lol we were talking about how akshay is very popular in toronto canada, because of the large punjabi popular in GTA...but worldwide, srk is better known than him...