Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: MannieXO

Nicely written!

ps I love reading your posts in QH forum πŸ˜³

Thank you. I love QH.πŸ˜ƒ
pallavi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
you are a very intense writer I must say..Today it was a epi on clash between two egoistic people..Jalal when went to ruqu not out of his habit but out of a fear of rejection which will do nothing but bruise his ego.. And what he scared for the most  had to face it at last and because of Ruqaiyaa.. he was angry,hurt but the same time his eyes became soften when he lifted up the veil of Jodha and then he  approached to her too but as soon as she opposed he became furious and pushed her against a wall.. At the time i was feeling bad for Jodha and Jalal  simultaneously.. Both were hurt by each others behaviour but no one was ready to surrender..
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MoronsKiMallika

Thank you and you have company in me. Jalaal and Jodha would appear like a pair of slimy villains if they let a good Ruqqu wallow in isolation. Ruqqu may have been rocking in actual history but we are seeing a drama and here, things have to be twisted and turned to suit tastes and sentiments. πŸ˜ƒ

Ruku doesn't have to be shown as a saint... but then there was no need to show her stooping so low so as to offer the new Begum necklace of her servant   or laughing like a maniac to insult the new begum. πŸ˜•

EK had every chance to show a complex grey character with relatively more dark shade but she ruined the chance.

Moreover, it is a historical show in 16th century backdrop. So if the EK would have shown that Jalal falling in love with Jodha but he still had respect for Ruku then audience could have accepted it. Jalal is shown to have trust for Ruku rather than having a romantic feeling or being passionate about her. So while he could have still consider Ruku as his friend cum guide, Jodha could be his love.

But Ek seems to have decided to gift Jalu baby to Jodha's lap only πŸ˜‰ and no other woman, except his mother, would find place in his life or in his heart. πŸ₯±

In Maharana Pratap, Rani Bh. is a vamp but in the initial episodes, Rana Udai Singh was shown to be equally respectful to his wives even though he favored Rani Bh. more than his first wife who has been an ideal queen. It never seemed queer because this is how the Royals' lives used to be.

I do not watch Punarvivah regularly but what I have seen that the wife was portrayed as some Godly figure - naturally there was more sympathy for her. Also it's in the modern backdrop where a person leaving his wife for his former girlfriend is considered as morally wrong.
Edited by doyelpakhi - 10 years ago
MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Super Kool

Firstly, I love your posts...

The moment jodha closed her eyes with disgust and fear...jalal's rage knew no bounds...he shot back at jodha...if, you don't want to touch mein...fine...i echo the sentiments...jodha knowingly or unknowingly manages to push his hot buttons...

Thank you and i also love you!😳...True that. Jodha got what she wanted without even trying. Pride hurts pride and now, Jalaal will not touch Jodha until love blossoms ( pushing and pulling will continue though) between them. πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: PallaviDas003

you are a very intense writer I must say..Today it was a epi on clash between two egoistic people..Jalal when went to ruqu not out of his habit but out of a fear of rejection which will do nothing but bruise his ego.. And what he scared for the most  had to face it at last and because of Ruqaiyaa.. he was angry,hurt but the same time his eyes became soften when he lifted up the veil of Jodha and then he  approached to her too but as soon as she opposed he became furious and pushed her against a wall.. At the time i was feeling bad for Jodha and Jalal  simultaneously.. Both were hurt by each others behaviour but no one was ready to surrender..

Thank you so much for making me feel good.πŸ˜ƒ...I second you. Jalaal could not think beyond Jodha and he wanted to drown it all in alcohol and Ruqqu - but he cannot fight this burning sensation much - that is why he tries to hurt and insult Jodha - always trying to remember that he hates her. Yes, his face softened when he lifted Jodha's veil but Jodha's face had no love and no sentiment. And fury and choicest humiliations are Jalaal's best weapons. πŸ˜†
Super Kool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: MoronsKiMallika

Thank you and i also love you!😳...True that. Jodha got what she wanted without even trying. Pride hurts pride and now, Jalaal will not touch Jodha until love blossoms ( pushing and pulling will continue though) between them. πŸ˜†

Same here dear...😳😳😳 I know...jalal's gigantic ego is hurt big time...though, jodha can breath easy now...
@DoyelPakhi.

I understand your take and you are right as well but it seems EK's love for creating historical vamps has put history books in the backburner, She is creating an antagonist in Ruqqu to give flame and hurdles to Jalaal and Jodha. And even Ashutosh Gowarikar had played it safe - he simply deleted Ruqqu from his version of Jalaal. πŸ˜†
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: doyelpakhi

Ruku doesn't have to be shown as a saint... but then there was no need to show her stooping so low so as to offer the new Begum necklace of her servant   or laughing like a maniac to insult the new begum. πŸ˜•

EK had every chance to show a complex grey character with relatively more dark shade but she ruined the chance.

Moreover, it is a historical show in 16th century backdrop. So if the EK would have shown that Jalal falling in love with Jodha but he still had respect for Ruku then audience could have accepted it. Jalal is shown to have trust for Ruku rather than having a romantic feeling or being passionate about her. So while he could have still consider Ruku as his friend cum guide, Jodha could be his love.

But Ek seems to have decided to gift Jalu baby to Jodha's lap only πŸ˜‰ and no other woman, except his mother, would find place in his life or in his heart. πŸ₯±

In Maharana Pratap, Rani Bh. is a vamp but in the initial episodes, Rana Udai Singh was shown to be equally respectful to his wives even though he favored Rani Bh. more than his first wife who has been an ideal queen. It never seemed queer because this is how the Royals' lives used to be.

I do not watch Punarvivah regularly but what I have seen that the wife was portrayed as some Godly figure - naturally there was more sympathy for her. Also it's in the modern backdrop where a person leaving his wife for his former girlfriend is considered as morally wrong.

Right. The girlfriend was a rather wonderful character in the show as well. And yet people want the show to follow that path. No matter how we try and rationalize how this is a 16th century show, we still keep judging it against the modern backdrop. I have seen a number of people getting irritated with one Ruqlal scene tonight. People are quite vehement about the number of wives already. If Ruqu was shown as a grey shaded character, the show would have gone one of two ways- everybody sympathizing with Ruqu, or everybody getting irritated with her. And the end result, in any case, would have ended in a disaster for Akdha. And Maharana Pratap is not a romance. And Rana Udai Singh is not the hero either. So, people will not particularly care about him. Inspite of creating moral dubiousness, I think the channel and ph decided to do away with the good traits of Ruqu. I do not like the neq Ruqu, and I think she should be replaced. But I also do not disagree with the fact that she should a negative character, in this show. Just not one with twitching eyes, and maniac laugh. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ameilia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi VickyπŸ€—.I am so glad to see you here apart from QH forum.
I didnt like the way Jalal manhandled Jodha today.I felt all her emotions and felt very bad for her.
Being her husband still doesnt give him any right to touch her without her permission.Yes he didnt touch her but his words were like sharp as a razour.Today Jalal disrespected Jodha and her space.He will protect her from the world and show her off as his trophy but behind closed door she is a puppet in his hands according to him.He got too physical for me.She doesnt need to fulfil his rights if he cant respect her.
How can Jodha want a man like that who after ripping her to threads is going to sleep with another??
How can she trust that she wont be another toy he just uses,throw away and ignore??
The whole male dominating and demanding is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth...sadly its aaprt of our history.
I hope Jalal sees Jodha's bandage and we get to see some sort of regret  on his face.