Page   of 4

contingency

IF-Rockerz

contingency

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Buffie

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I prefer Joint Family system, i.e. with Parents and Grand Parents! Tongue

and it must stop with just parents and grandparentsTongue...having N number of uncles,aunties,cousins,chachus,mamus,cousin bahiyyas,bhabhis,di's etc is plain Confused

not really for me. i want to live like that. i suppose becoz as a child i lived like that n we came to us and its just my nuclear family its kinda boring.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Joint Families (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mlulla28

Mlulla28

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
jprasad wrote:

I can barely live my husband let alone my family or a joint family.    

JPRASAD...u are so funny girl!! LOL And, ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...I called all my friends and told them this comment, and everyone agreed & were laughing!! LOL

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
JP put in a comical nutshell !! LOL But its so true. I did try living with my in-laws for a year. But since i am highly independant and like to do things my way, i thought it would make all women happier if they ran the house their own way. It simply makes the concept "distance makes the heart grow fonder" hold true ! More you are with each other , more you are bickering. Its best to meet on weekends and holidays and love , cherish and apprecaite each other.

But even as a kid i thought it would have been nice to have many Aunty, Uncles and Cousins around you. But as a married woman one thinks differently.

Another reality is when parents become very old, alone (one passes away leaving the other behind), ill and fragile you can not abandon them at the time they need you the most. Its i think a moral duty of every person to look after their parents at that time. I feel sad to hear of those who abandon them and send them off to old age homes. Its seriously very sad and i hope if i don't ever do this to my folks my kids won't ever do this to me.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top