Joint Families (Page 3)

insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 16 August 2006 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jprasad

Originally posted by bluepink

Originally posted by Krishana Tulsi

What are ur opinions on living in a joint family?

I prefer nuclear family. Embarrassed I love privacy and freedom.

how does Bushy say it?  "Nucelear FFamily"

LOLLOLLOL

Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 16 August 2006 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
I've been living on my own for so long I wonder if I can survive even a week within a joint family. I love the whole concept of children growing up with grandparents etc but the constant interference from relatives is annoying. Also, I think having your parents living with you, or close by, allows peace of mind that they are healthy and taken care of. This is a constant worry for me. With this whole Chicken guinea thing gave me nightmares.

usachick821 Goldie
usachick821
usachick821

Posted: 16 August 2006 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
i'm an only child but my mom and dad have a number of brothers and sisters that they grew up with in india, and i gotta tell ya it sounds pretty fun to live in a joint family. You have a lot of drama during the day, which is something i dont have in my family, lol. I guess its like a "the grass is greener on the other side" sort of thing.
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 12:36am | IP Logged
lmao LOL ..jp di..u r too too much LOL LOL LOL

yea i perfer MY family only...parens and thier children and 1-2 grandparent is ok..no more

its fun to hang out with cousins and all but i wudnt wanna live with thm and b with thm 24/7
popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:00am | IP Logged

ALRIGHT! This is my topic!

I live in a joint familyTongue. And the thought of living as one family has never come in mind. At first it used to be 14 people living in one house but one of my dads brother moved so now its my family and my dads brother family and my grandparents. At times it can get rowdy but I have never felt that "omg Im living with 10 people..its so crowded..I hate it." It feels like I have 2 dads and 2 moms. If one person isnt avaliable..I can go to the other..I get double the love from each parent. Its incredible. My cuzins and I feel like we are brother and sister. I have my freedom and they have theres. If I had a choice to live in just one family or joint. Id say joint..its so much more fun and the house is so much more lively.

mist Groupbie
mist
mist

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 3:33am | IP Logged
I grew up in a nuclear family meeting close relatives occasionally.
But my parents and I do share a close bond with all of them.

when I sit back and look at some of them who are staying together, I see little problems cropping up time and again. Nothing like the melodrama in ekta soaps - but, you know, small complaints and misunderstandings. This enforces my belief that familiarity does breed contempt.

an ironic thought, but a little space and time away from closed ones can make you grow into a close knit family. Right now, if there is a problem , all the relatives rush to help, all huge celebrations are big family occasions, but everybody is satisfied with individual nuclear setups.
jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by i_luv_jay_sean

ALRIGHT! This is my topic!

I live in a joint familyTongue. And the thought of living as one family has never come in mind. At first it used to be 14 people living in one house but one of my dads brother moved so now its my family and my dads brother family and my grandparents. At times it can get rowdy but I have never felt that "omg Im living with 10 people..its so crowded..I hate it." It feels like I have 2 dads and 2 moms. If one person isnt avaliable..I can go to the other..I get double the love from each parent. Its incredible. My cuzins and I feel like we are brother and sister. I have my freedom and they have theres. If I had a choice to live in just one family or joint. Id say joint..its so much more fun and the house is so much more lively.

that is the sweetest thing!  I grew up in a nucelear fffamily with 2 brothers and most of my immediate relatives live far away.  I always wished that I had family members around me like aunts, uncles and cousins.  I have a few cousins that live around, but of course I live in America and no one has time to visit or act like family.  Ouch  Angry

Then I married my husband and said hello to EEEExtended family and the extended family of the extended family.   Are any of you familiar with the, "beta, how are you?" hug and you are like oh hi....Confused ...then you pause to think whom these people are.  Cry  It gets kinda hard on one you know.

Just kidding, it is not so bad. Wink
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Some times it is not a matter of choice. 20 years after retirement I do not belive my parents have the resources to live independantly...physical, mental or financial.
It is a stress on privacy but there are dividends for the grandchildren and we cannot stand idea of parents living in some 'old folk's home'. It is a trade off. One of those decisions that you know is the only consciencious choice.

I agree.

Edited by sowmyaa - 17 August 2006 at 10:19am

Go to top