Supernatural

||JA AT || ~ Prince PRIESTLY

Ephemera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome to the 2nd Appreciation Thread of the highly talented , Uber-good looking Sweet star... Dean of 'supernatural' fame Mr.Jensen Ross Ackles.

A while ago we in the forum got an Idea... while toying with the idea of a Place.. where not only one can openly drool ( hate to use that word though😆) Dream and day dream , Discuss the nuances of his roles . Then when the Idea of "Appreciation" Thread hit us.. we thought Why not do that.. I.e,, Appreciate him In-Detail😉

So we planned to have Series of ATs... shedding light on various facets of his personality ( yeah including His Hawtness and killer looks... so be quiet fangirls😆 ), His various roles ,  acting prowess , nuances et all
Hope you all like this Idea...Do participate and make it a success...Hope you all get to Enjoy !!

Thank you,
L.

Credit :

Title Banner : *sindhu*

Write up : L

End Banner : Mally

Edited by lakshmi_3004 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ephemera thumbnail
INTRODUCTION to the AT
PRINCE PRIESTLY

Prince He is !! In so many ways... He was no superman yet, He tried every ounce in him to stop a man hit his girl

lanthiriel25:

"You do not hit her!"

In the above Scene,Priestly may be in good shape,with well toned body (thanks to Supernatural 😛)  Yet he isn't a trained fighter; he doewn't know the know-hows of a basic mortal hand to hand combat .  His response to Tadd hitting Tish is not a calculated one; he's not assessing the weaknesses of an opponent and forming a strategy on how best to bring them down playing on those weaknesses.  He's simply a guy who sees his friend, the girl he loves, in danger and just reacts, instinctively.  All he's thinking about is getting that  man away from Tish, to stop him from hurting her again.  So he runs and launches himself at Tadd, tackling him to the ground, no style, no tactics, just grim determination and some rage to fuel.  He hadn't anticipated the pain which jolts through him on the impact but it was worth it as Tadd's focus was now on him, no longer hurting Tish (this was shown by some REAL micro expressions by Jensen so good that it was plain believable).  Scrambling to his feet, Priestly instinctively angles his body towards Tadd, subconsciously shielding Tish from him.  No-one, no-one, is allowed to cause Tish any pain or fear, not if he can help it.  His sole focus turns to Tish, making sure she's ok.  Tadd's punches take him completely by surprise, and he hits the tarmac, bruised body aching and very much not happy with him, but he'd stopped Tadd from hitting Tish and that was the most important thing.   He doesn't think he's brave or a hero for what he did; he was just doing what his instinct told him, protecting a friend, like anyone would do, and knowing Tish was OK was worth the bumps and bruises. So the whole Scene was shot realistically with no fancy choreographed moves and hits Nor there was no "fake" ness in the scene

, He wears Kilt skirts and Mohawk with bold statement T-shirts.. Yet he is sincere and comfortable enough to buy woman things at the store..he turns a cupid for his dear friend , all the while chiding his another friend for being very artificial and giving importance to superficial things.
Excuse me for what looks like a cliched title... But it's hard NOT to think of him and draw parallel ta worthy charming prince

Boaz Priestlyis just your average guy in his early twenties, with crazy colored hair and more fake holes in his head than real ones, who works in a funky little sandwich store with a bunch of girls.

That sums up everything about Priestly really.

He's full of infinite wisdom for everyone about anything and is - in my opinion - one of the most cutest/relatable characters I've seen on film for a while.

No 'Idealism' strings attached a rather simple , believable , charming and funny day-to-day character . Besides the fact that Jensen played him, the character is actually pretty fleshed out for someone who is, in essence, a stereotype of all things non-conformist. I love him, anyway. I mean like all youngsters of his age he too has 'issues' ... but the way he puts in out in the front is awesome.. Yes he wears kilt skirts has piercings at places ..and an outrageous Mohawk in bright colors But

That's something he does more to be singled out rather than to hide behind an avatar. Why I chose Priestly as the Subject and decided on making an AT on him just for this :-

TISH: Look, that was really hard on Jen.

PRIESTLY: Oh really? Really, Tish? Cos I'm sure it was a picnic for Fuzzy too.

TISH: Why are you suddenly Fuzzy's best friend, huh? Why?
PRIESTLY: Cos it's pathetic, Tish, okay? It's pathetic that she can't rise above all this superficial horseshit that's swirling around her. I mean, why is it? Why is it that some people can't see a good thing when it's standing right in front of them, huh? What is it that screws all that up, can you tell me? I swear, you're like two-year-olds. You're more interested in the wrapping paper than what's inside.
TISH: Wait. Are you talking about Jen, or me?
PRIESTLY: If there's a difference let me know.

Seriously When Jensen is Standing In front 😲.. But Oh she DID see him😃 ... and ended up marrying him and have a beautiful Daughter isn't it Danneel ?? *cough* Back on track...

That's a nice little point Priestly raised ... of how many are interested in the outer package than inner beauty...we have someone that we've all sort of judged and characterized since his entrance Priestly looks different and acts different is different than any other person and we immediately judged him that way He's unique maybe even odd But in this scene you don't even see his appearance You don't notice the spiky hair or earrings or chain on his pants Because we finally see Priestly We see a young man who is so desperate for everyone to stop judging He's desperate for the girl he loves to see him for who he is and not see him as funky hair and earrings He wants Tish and Jen and Piper and everyone to stop seeing the outward and look inward And most of all he's silently begging Tish to really just see HIM ...worth an applause I must say👏

when the time comes were Prietsly is going to propose Tish the scene was  Beautiful "moment" too
lanthiriel25:

"Depends..."

Ever wondered why Tish asked Priestly about his first name just after he'd asked her out.  Priestly was clearly nervous, laying himself open like a book  that, so why Tish pushed the issue right there and then ?  couldn't she have saved the question until another time, the date itself perhaps?  But then...  Tish could see that Priestly had exposed a side of himself that he wasn't comfortable with, made himself vulnerable for her, and the enormity of it, the courage it must have taken, had taken her breath away.  He'd done something so significant for her that she'd known she had to do the same in return, she wanted to do the same for him in return.  Her asking him about his name was her way of leading the conversation towards sharing her own hated first name, making herself as vulnerable and open as Priestly had already done for her.  It was a sharing of a secret and a gesture of trust, Tish showing Priestly she understood him and what he'd done for her.  She was with him, they were together in this, and would be from now on. Yes I know it antagonizes with my previous assertion that Priestly wore that elaborate makeover not to hide but to set him aside from other normal youngsters..yet this shows the paradox of life.. where human need their own spotlight yet wanna belong to a group 😆

lanthiriel25:I love the way Priestly almost stumbles over his words as he asks Tish out for dinner and the sweet smile which paints his face as he finishes his question.  I can imagine him barely sleeping the night before, pacing in his small apartment, practising what he would say, going through the moment in his mind, over and over, working out and rehearsing different combinations of words, trying to find one which sounded right.  And then when he's faced with the girl of his dreams, standing mere inches away from him, smiling at him, he falters, not because he doesn't want to do this, but because so much depends on this moment.  He can't help but think about the incredible, wonderful possibility of Tish saying yes and him being the happiest man in the world, of them being so happy together.

The way Priestly almost stumbles over his words as he asks Tish out for dinner and the sweet smile which lit up his face as he finishes his question.  It's easy to imagine what must have been running in his mind.. his state before the big day...he would have  barely slept the night before, would have paced in his apartment, practising what he would say, going through the moment in his mind, over and over, working out and rehearsing different combinations of words, trying to find one which sounded right.  And then when he's faced with the girl of his dreams, standing mere inches away from him, smiling at him, he falters, not because he doesn't want to do this, but because so much depends on this moment.  He can't help but think about the incredible, wonderful possibility of Tish saying yes and him being the happiest man in the world, of them being so happy together. At the same time the Shattering of heart which is irreversible if she says no...The sweet and salty nature of love...beautifully captured.. and hey we get to see priestly in a Banana republic shirt , (which actually makes him look much more younger😛 ).

Now there was a debate going on at that time...over how Priestly had to change for getting Tish's affection.. and how it opposes the very lesson Priestly tries to teach Tish through his outburst about superficial interests...Many opined that he should have proposed in his previous avatar only.. and then If Tish accepted him as he was ONLY then would she be taken in as trustworthy...All I  have to say is "judging" people is a handicap to any Sane mind.. Yes.. but just trying to be true to your ethics and losing that "comfortable" feel while doing the work is also not wise..Feeling confident and judging others are two different things all together

The Incredible Jensen as Boaz priestly

It's to undermine/miss Jensen's incredible acting when it comes to Priestly because Priestly seems so care free, out going, Frank  and he is without a doubt effortlessly acted.

However this moment should be duly noted down for showing how much Jensen put into Priestly. In this scene, Priestly's in the background, not even in focus, as the two guys Tad and Brad enter the Grill for the first time. Priestly glances back when he hears Tish rush over to help them and when he notices who they are - or rather what they are, Note how he stiffens, how his brows fall and his eyes darken. There's an immediate change in his attitude and stature when he spots them and sees how Tish reacts to Tad. It's so obvious that Priestly cares for Tish and hates seeing her with guys like Tad and eventually getting hurt, but it's also incredibly understated and barely noticeable. This just makes me respect Jensen so much more and makes him truly Oscar material (something which has a whole AT dedicated to IT 😉 in the future)

Credit :

Siggy : L

write-up : L

STILLs//GIFs : Tumblr

Ephemera thumbnail
NOTE : DUE to the LENGTH of he resulting post IF ALL ROLES are included , We decided to include  ONLY 2 ROLES in each AT ...
Starting with Mr. ACKLES's TV appearances

JENSEN ACKLES'S TV JOURNEY :-

In 1996, Jensen Ackles made his first credited television appearance in Four daytime Emmy awards winner children show "Wishbone" as Micheal Duss in season 1 episode 35 "Viva Wishbone"

Summary of his role 
Ellen befriends a young man who has recently lost his own mother, which causes Joe to wrestle with his jealousy. To help him, Senora Julia, an old friend who is like a second mother to him, tells him the story of Juan Diego (played by Wishbone, of course) and Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Related Video link

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7x5ScjeuZgI[/YOUTUBE]

In the same year he guest starred as the 9th kid in a Halloween party on the show "7th Heaven " and Incidentally his character name was 'Dean' 😛 and starred in Season 1, Episode 6 . The episode was released on October 28, 1996. 

He again featured in a Comedy -drama Titled ' Sweet Valley High ' as Brad in Season 3 episode 17 'All along in the water tower'

Gifs related to it 

Ephemera thumbnail

Jensen Ackles won his first ever recognition in the form of Soap opera Digest award for Best Male New comer in the year 1998 for his role ERIC Brady in the daytime soap opera "Days of our lives" winning his first ever award in the first ever awards he got nominated..

his acceptance Speech

Winning moment 

Video Link 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1lp-dCxsg[/YOUTUBE]

After a string of reputed nominations, in the year 2008 , he won EWwy Award "Best Actor in a Drama Series" for his role of 'Dean Winchester' in the Cult show " Supernatural"  .
EWwy awards were constituted by the magazine Entertainment weekly for those talented artists who were not included in Prime-time Emmy Awards.

Again In 2010, Jensen took home yet another EWwy Award "Best Actor in a Drama Series" For his role "Dean Winchester" in the cult show "Supernatural"

Once again Dean Winchester proved to be a lucky and strong role where In 2011, Jensen was nominated and awarded by TV guide Magazine for their TV Guide " Favorite Actor"
 for the role of "Dean Winchester" in the Cult Show 'Supernatural'

Video Links

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNVgpX4qBuc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDX1sdVx_c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N7DOz7274w[/YOUTUBE]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-xxx------------xxx-----------xxx-------------x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x----------x-x-x-x-

Jensen Ackles has been Nominated for many Awards as below

Daytime Emmy Awards

Three Consecutive years from 1998-2000, He was nominated for the prestigious Daytime Emmy Award in the category "Outstanding Young in a Drama Series" for his portrayal of Eric Brady in the Hit soap Opera "Days of our Lives"

Teen Choice Awards

In 2006, He was nominated for TCA in the category TV - Choice Breakout Star for the show "Supernatural"

and

In 2012 and 2013 TCA he was nominated for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi for his role of "Dean Winchester" in the Cult show " supernatural"

SFX Awards, UK

Jensen was Nominated by the SFX Magazine UK  for the Category "Best TV Actor" for his essaying of "Dean Winchester" in "Supernatural " in 2007

He was again  nominated by the SFX magazine in 2013 , this time he  Finished 3rd.

People's Choice Awards, USA

He got nominated in 2013 for the category "Favorite Dramatic TV Actor" for his role of Dean Winchester

Constellation Award, Canada

Jensen Got the most nominations..5 in total in The Constellation Awards in these following years 

• 2006- Best Male Performance in a 2006 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S02EP01 "In My Time of Dying" 
  • 2008- Best Male Performance in a 2007 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S02EP20 "What Is and what Should Never Be"
  • 2009- Best Male Performance in a 2008 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S04EP03 "In the Beginning"
  • 2010 - Best Male Performance in a 2009 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S05EP04  "The End"
  • 2013 -Best Male Performance in a 2012 Science Fiction Television Episode for  SPN S08EP01 "We Need To Talk About Kevin"

May He get Nominated and Win More Awards ! 😃

Ephemera thumbnail

These are few links about The movie Ten Inch Hero and also about Jensen Ackles as Boaz

Wikipedia

Superwiki

IMDB

Tumblr 
http://f**kyeahboazpriestly.tumblr.com/

Pinterest

News

Interviews

Quotes

"Ten Inch Hero also has a special place in my heart, since it's where Danneel and I fell in love." - Jensen Ackles

Priestly's Quotes

[from trailer

Tish: I did things with Tad I've never done before. 
Priestly: Oh really, like what? Wait for the second date? 

Tish: [Priestly calls Tish] Beach City Grill. Subs by the inch. 
Priestly: Code blue. Hostile territory. Aborting mission. 
Tish: Who is this? 
Priestly: It's your Renaissance Man. I'm at the store, there's too many enemy tampons. I'm bailing. 
Tish: Alright, stay focused. Describe the situation. 
Priestly: Initial recon appears to be bag or box? 
Tish: Box. 
Priestly: Box. Roger that. 
Tish: Alright, look around chest height. Do you see anything marked regular? 
Priestly: Okay, regular. Uh, here's one but it says slender regular. How can something be both slender and regular? Isn't that mutually exclusive? 
Tish: Priestly... 
Priestly: Unless, of course they're implying in the mysterious underworld of Femboxes that slender is regular. 
Tish: Priestly. Are you done? 
Priestly: Well, what about the Super Pluses? 
Tish: No. 
Priestly: Why not? They sound like better. 
Tish: Don't. They're huge. 
Priestly: I thought you liked huge. 
Tish: This is one area where bigger is not better. 
Priestly: Yeah, well shouldn't you buy all the protection you can get? 
[looks at the side of the box
Priestly: I mean, it says here it can handle any amount of- Oh my god! 
[throw the box in disgust

Tish: Priestly, listen. If a woman needs an emergency dipstick in the ladies room of a sandwich stop. 
Priestly: That's nasty. 
Tish: She just wants something that's going to hold her over until she can get home and use one of her own. Based on her own style preferences and flow requirement 
Priestly: Tish! 
Tish: Yeah? 
Priestly: That word... flow. Thats nasty. It's gross. 
Tish: Just buy the slender regulars. 
Priestly: Over and out. Heading back to base camp. 
Tish: Roger that. Over and out. 
[hangs up the phone

Piper: Can I make you a sandwich? The roast turkey is really good! 
Zo: Thank you, but I don't eat anything that had a mother. 
Piper: Oh, Okay. Um, egg salad then? 
Zo: Well, eggs are really a chicken abortion, aren't they? I mean, I support a woman's right to choose, but I don't believe anyone asked the chickens beforehand. 
Priestly: Right on! 
Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so technically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle. 
Priestly: Well that, that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely. 
Zo: [smiling] I think I'll just stick to the six inch tofurkey. 

Priestly: [to Piper] Who are you? 
Piper: Piper. 
Priestly: Piper. What are you doing here, Piper? 
Piper: I work here. 
Priestly: Why wasn't I notified? I wasn't notified! 
Trucker: Hey Priestly. We hired someone. 
Priestly: Thank you. I swear, we need like a bulletin board or a staff email. 

Priestly: [to Piper] Who are you? 
Piper: Piper. 
Priestly: Piper. What are you doing here, Piper? 
Piper: I work here. 
Priestly: Why wasn't I notified? I wasn't notified! 
Trucker: Hey, Priestly. We hired someone. 
Priestly: Thank you! I swear, we need a bulletin board or a staff email. 
Jen: You know, Priestly. Piper thinks Elvis is dead. 
Priestly: [to Trucker] Really? Now, you're hiring people who failed the interview? 

Priestly: You're shittin me. Jen, please tell me you didn't leave Fuzzy sitting down there wondering. God damn it Jen. 
Jen: I don't expect you to understand. 
Priestly: Oh I understand. I understand you wouldn't talk to him cause you were terrified he'd judge you on the basis of your looks, yet you're completely comfortable doing the exact same thing to him. Unbelievable, god! 

Priestly: Why is it that some people can't see a good thing when it's standing right in front of them, huh? I mean, what is it that screws all that up? Can you tell me? I swear, you're like 2 year olds. You're more interested in the wrapping paper than what's inside. 
Tish: Wait. Are you talking about Jen, or me? 
Priestly: If there's a difference, let me know. 

Priestly: [forced accent] Anyone else think that maybe Trucker have some 'spaining to do? 

Fuzzy22: Um, I'm Jeff Kenline, by the way. 
Jen: It's a pleasure to meet you, Jeff Kenline. 
Priestly: Hey dude! Where'd you get that "fuzzy22" name from? 
Fuzzy22: Oh, I got that account when I was working on my senior thesis. It was on fuzzy logic, and I was 22. What, did you think I was a cop or something? 

[last lines
Trucker: We ask you here today in this most sacred and beautiful of places to witness our dedication to each other. 
Zo: We start our new lives as we started the last. Naked and needy. Dependent on those we love to care for us. 
Priestly: Hell yeah! 
Tadd: Congratulations. 
Priestly: Rock on, man. 

Ephemera thumbnail

I welcome All Jensen Ackles Fans 🤗

-MallyLuvsJ2M-
(Mally)
iluvvampires
(Almas/Al)

Bamonforever
 (Gargi/Moni)
devilish-grin
(Ekta/Eku)

FireLordPhoenix

Flutterby
(Flutu)
-Sapna-
(Sapna)
LuvMishalRaheja
(Maitreyi/Mishti)
Craziest_MG

lakshmi_3004
(Lakshmi/L)
yashimalhotra

Please like this Post or send me a PM so that i can Add you to the Member List 

Ephemera thumbnail

This AT is Dedicated to ONLY Jensen Ackles, and is like a second home to many, so please Respect That fact

Do not make derogatory remarks on JA's professional/personal Life...and Discuss about only those pics/info of his personal Life which Has been Officially shared.

Spamming Is PROHOBITED, Caustic Posts will be treated as a contribution to spam. No One Liners, single-word greetings and only emoticons filled posts are allowed!

No abusive language, we all are Civilized..lets behave so..

Respect Point of Views other than yours. It's a free world and hence all are entitled to have their opinions, If you don't agree with someone then agree to disagree, 

Sarcasm and hypocrisy  and bashing will not be tolerated..however tangential or remote it be..

This place is like a common Adda for all those who love JA..hence open talk and in-detail discussion is encouraged and welcomed..feel free to indulge yourself in Topics related to JA...in that way we get to learn new things and our bond will be much more stronger..

New Members are requested to introduce themselves, giving their names and telling existing members that what is it about JA that makes them a fan and how did they learn about this AT?

Members are requested to please check previous pages of the AT before posting any new info or pictures so that the same info or pictures are not posted again and again, it will make the AT look messy and will be considered as spam

Don't Quote the posts more than twice..it will make the AT messy and may not be able to keep track of the conversation..

Members are reminded that this AT belongs to Jensen Ackles and discussions are limited to him.If any personal discussions are done...they should be related to him ONLY...

This is JENSEN ACKLES' s AT so if you are not a fan or have only Negative views of him, then don't bother joining just to make fun or wank him. 

Even though we are here in I-F still we are counted one among the #SPNfamily at large 
(even if you don't watch that show) and hence please Respect #SPNcast/Crew/fellow family members..

Bringing the wanking and internal  Fights between different Fangroups of FB/Twitter ...here is strictly Prohibited
Ephemera thumbnail

Here You will Find all The links to Past ATs😳

||JA AT|I am sexy and I know it||

Ephemera thumbnail

As the Title Suggests , This will be a place were any Edits/Gifs/VMs REALATED in some way or another to the particular FC/AT is Showcased for others To enjoy...😃

Note 1 : If any one Doesn't want there siggy or banner to be displayed here..please PM me..will remove it immediately..No Intentional copyright Infringement or stealing is done here as due credit is given to the maker..and is requested NOT to edit or crop or do any changes to the edits uploaded here..seeking permission with the maker beforehand is advised for using😳

First Up are those siggies made By contestants in the Contest held a few days ago⭐️

[The winner and Runner up siggies/banners are , obviously used in the first page hence, will not be displayed here😛]

Ephemera thumbnail

Heya!!!  Hola amigos!!! 

Welcome to 2nd Aprreciation Thread Of Jensen Ackles...🥳
as we all Know The perfection Jensen Is...it warrants a deep appreciation of all the work he has done ... which can be done by Acknowledging and praising of his roles in every aspect...
This is Just the start..tip of the ice berg so to speak...

As with the Tradition we are gonna start with this AT... Let's Appreciate...fawn...fangirl and celebrate one by one all the aspects of Jensen Ackles
and this time around it's about ...

Priestly...i mean Boaz Priestly ...the man in Scottish Plaid with a Tattoo and Mohawk 

( oh yes along with his Banana republic shirt 😆 too)

This WHOLE AT is Dedicated to Priestly...
Truly PRINCE in every sense...