Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

chainedreamer

Groupbie

chainedreamer

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 6:40pm | IP Logged

Ignoring the fact that Vasu is a carbon copy of Mohan (looks wise!); I'm viewing Vasu as a totally new character and loving the little quirks and nuances that show his character and his emotions much better than his words do. Like they say, actions speak louder than words, but in Vasu's case, they do all the talking (considering how he isn't in the habit of justifying his actions or considers himself answerable to anyone as such).

Here are the five best moments where he just bowled me over.

1.       The Locket Scene
I loved, loved, LOVED this sequence. The one that follows just after Megha tells him that he has no effect on her and that he doesn't even exist for her. He lets her walk away and then a few moments later, asks her to stop and runs his fingers through her hair. He doesn't say a word. Just stares at the obvious discomfort and disgust that she displays so openly on her face. And in that one moment, through that one gesture, he proves to her how wrong she is about everything she said, how she is indeed affected by him. Then he calmly pulls out his locket from her hair and walks away having won the argument without even uttering a word.

2.       The Post Slap Scene
Megha slaps him because she thinks he sent the goons that were dragging her away from her daughter and that ridiculed and tore up Mohan's sketch. He is of course unaware of all this. In that moment after she does the unthinkable, Vasu is left stunned but he is quick to stop Rukku. This is between the two of them. Only the two of them. Then he pulls her close and it's everything all at once. The things they said to each other before in this same position, echoing in the silence. But it's more than just that. It almost looks like he wants her to look into his eyes and see his hurt and his anger at being misunderstood. Like he wants to look into her eyes because he can't believe she would think this lowly of him. He holds her still for a moment hoping she would see his innocence. When he holds her forcefully, it's his way of letting her (and everyone around) know that he has the power to do anything he wants, that he can harm her if he wants but then he lets her go. Because he would never harm her.

3.       The Megha-Aai Showdown Scene
From the moment she walks in, all of Vasu's attention is centered on her. He takes in everything she has to say. He finds himself blindingly agreeing with his mother, used to her always speaking in his favour and being shocked and oddly surprised by Megha's 'stubbornness' or rather as she rightly points out, her self-respect. But the moment that just left me speechless was when he blocks his mother from hurting Megha. I loved the fact that he stood silently throughout the argument, letting them have a go at each other because this was between his Aai and Megha but the minute it got physical, the minute Aai started pushing Megha back, he immediately intervened. It was almost subconscious, almost as if he couldn't help but do it. Like he had to stop this from accelerating, stop her from getting hurt. He steps in and immediately makes it personal.  As if he is the only one allowed to deal with her and he does do that, in his way. He holds onto her, blocks out his mother completely and reprimands her for talking to his mother like that. He then proceeds to drag her out of his house angrily. Out of harm's way. Saving her without a conscious thought and then explicitly telling her to go far away (because that's the only way she'll stay safe).

4.       The Accountant Babu Scene
I loved everything about this whole interaction. I liked the way Shridhar babu tells Vasu where he's headed and why he can't entertain him right now because he doesn't have an agenda, only an urgency to find Megha and do the right thing. I liked the way Vasu first inquires about Megha's husband in a nonchalant way (because that was the only thought running through his head), I loved the instant flashes of his last interaction with both of them that flood his mind once he gets his answer. How he connects the dots and figures out why Megha and Rimjhim left and how he played a part in it. But the best part about the whole scene was the way money became a motif and a motive. I loved how Vasu held out his palm and told Shridhar babu that he would go find them. It was Vasu's way of asking him to hand over the responsibility of looking for them (and also how a shocked Shridhar realized this). The way he takes the money (palm out, waiting for Shridhar to place it on his palm and not grabbing it from his hand) and holds it up, bending it a little shows his promise to find them and a purpose too. He holds the money like it is his alibi, his justification, a perfectly valid and tangible reason to find them. No longer just a fancy whim of his, no longer a strange restlessness he doesn't understand.

5.       RimJhim's Medicine Scene
Another brilliant scene. Vasu opens the windows only to find Megha on the other end. He wonders why she's back and she lets him know she's worried for RJ. All this happens without a single word being uttered. Then Megha spots a suspicious looking bottle and asks Vasu what he's giving her and this is where Vasu says more with his actions than words ever could. He walks away from her (leaving the window open, showing her what's going on), pulling out his gun in the process and letting her know loud and clear (and silently, even as she wonders what he is doing) that if he intended to hurt RJ, he could have easily done so. He has the means - quicker, faster means. He didn't need to rely on using home remedies to harm her. I loved how he does all this completely coolly, proceeding to use the handle of the gun to grind the herbs. He then picks up the bottle, holds it up to her eye level and pours a measured amount. He mixes it with his finger and tastes it in front of her. So she can see with her own eyes that whatever he is giving her daughter isn't harmful. Throughout the scene, Vasu understands and addresses her fears, then calms them down - all without saying a thing.

Hats off to the CVs and KKK for adding such depth and dimension to Vasu's character! I am looking forward to more with bated breath.

Let me know which one's are your favourites!   

Edited by chainedreamer - 08 August 2013 at 6:42pm

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

umokarsh_18shabbnamNNithaswargahabikanbtnmkkfansouji2008shamilabarkatdeadly-kisssow2428yashimalhotraahutablmadhuriRekha_vnaq5cupdspidiesonn_daMaankigopiMadhu-Swetha-angeala95cute_madhumadhubansenBalli73swavai2champ07NAMM5srkfanaticismasmi279-Amanat-kunakshafan26meghan27PavaniShinyMehek25Elysiaarunima_LUITJay_taporiMonu-SunNaa--Yukthi---RK_Ki_Biwi-raokrithika_Bidzie_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Vasu Subtleties - Five Best Vasu Moments" in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Swetha-

Coolbie

-Swetha-

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
@TM 
Lovely post by u dear! Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chainedreamer

raokrithika

IF-Sizzlerz

raokrithika

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
ClapClapindeed good moments...

KKK rocks Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chainedreamerkunalkiAC143

_Bidzie_

IF-Stunnerz

_Bidzie_

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Beautiful post! Ditto with everything you said .. Even I loved these things about Vasu Day Dreaming I love how he cares for people but shows it in his own way and attitude! Embarrassed

Coming to KKK, I have no words for this guy. Every word of appreciation wouldn't be enough! He is simply the best in any role he does. Proud of him! Embarrassed

Edited by -MohanKiMeera- - 08 August 2013 at 9:36pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

chainedreamerkunalkiAC143swavai2madhubansenasmi279Mehek25

kunakshafan26

IF-Rockerz

kunakshafan26

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
kkk is theee besttt

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chainedreamerkunalkiAC143madhubansen

monusumi

IF-Dazzler

monusumi

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
awesome post...
Kkk is freaking awesome yar,his expressions r just wow

Monu-SunNaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Monu-SunNaa

Bidaai Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 09 August 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Lovely imputs/analysis on Vasu scenes. I would like to know your thought's on today's episode. I am missing Mohan, but enjoying Vasu's gentle demeanour underneath that tough exterior that he puts up. 

Edited by Monu-SunNaa - 09 August 2013 at 10:57am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chainedreamerkunalkiAC143madhubansenasmi279

asmi279

IF-Dazzler

asmi279

Posted: 09 August 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
"Hats off to the CVs and KKK for adding such depth and dimension to Vasu's character! I am looking forward to more with bated breath."

And hats off to you for these beautiful insights and lovely analysis..

Since the revamp, I have been so absorbed by Mohan/Vasu/Memory Loss/Pretense tracks, that I haven't been able to enjoy the show at all..

But after reading your review, I realized there are some awesome nuances in this track too..thank you so much for pointing them out Hug

Post Reply New Post

Go to top