Debate Mansion

Debate of the Day:Controversy around KANK (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 26

divya_p

Goldie

divya_p

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Lolz..just don't take it too seriously..it's a film..made purely for entertainment! Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate of the Day:Controversy around KANK (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Diva

Goldie

Diva

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Maturity does not come with age.  Its not whether you are 16 or 60 but about how openminded you are (As Hareem Said).  And you do not have to be in a relationship to know the meaning and commitments that come with one.  Its not about underage because Indian Entertainment seems to mostly be made for a general audience.  There is no rating on indian movies so no one can say that this movie can only be understood by those who are of a certain age.  Age and maturity are truly in the mind - there are many conservative older people who will not accept this movie and call it wrong.  There are many younger ones who will justify it. 

And Aparna if I remember right you had said in the aunty/uncle debate that people can be young at heart and that's why we shoudln't judge them by age.  Same thing here, people can be older in their thoughts - lets not judge by age. 

And lastly all those saying its only a movie, that's quite true.  We are having a healthy discussion - there's nothing wrong in discussing our entertainment.  Entertainment affects our lives more than we are aware of.  And its always good to think about what we are viewing as we should be active viewers not passive viewers....

Dolly

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

See Diva , if KJ portrayed that extra marital affair is justified. Its not just wrong but misleading to impressionable minds !!

This is why under 18 should not watch an adult concept unless accompanied by parents who can clear any confusion a kid may have at 15- 16 !!

Yes its true like JP wrote a young mind will be unable to understand relationships and what it really requires for them to work. Like i have a debator on DM who is all of 18 years old who just couldn't understand that between a husband and a wife , no matter how stupid, illitterate or ignorant a wife is ...........a husband can never ever be your guardian but is always your equal. And under no circumstance - cheating, lying , harrasing should a spouse ever hit his partner!!

My friend are you listening. Wink She will figure this out only once she is in a relationship !! So same goes for KANK audience who is underage. Tongue

mistletoe

IF-Dazzler

mistletoe

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Saw KANK today and I think the first word that came in my mind after the movie got over was "FLAWED"! Somehow I felt that the basic premise of the story was wrong....and when the foundation is weak, the structure can never stand firmly!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with portraying Infidelity or about Marriages breaking, these are as common as Falling in Love in today's generation...But what I found both disturbing and confusing was the solution that the Movie had....If you marriage is failing, go have an extra-martial fling and destroy whatever is left in your Marriage?

For once, I couldn't emphathize with the characters of Dev Saran and Maya Talwar! From the beginning to the end, I just couldn't gather why couldn't Maya reciprocate the love that Rishi had for her......and why was Dev being such a loser? The character who touched my heart the most was surely Rishi Talwar, portrayed with such aplomb by Abhishek Bacchan...I think the movie works only because of him, along with the Big B, Kiron Kher, Rani Mukherjee and the beautiful locales of New York and Philly! And ya, not to forget the lovely clothes, that only Karan Johar can make his actors wear! LOL

The Movie works only in bits and pieces, a scene here and a scene there, one moment, one song, one sequence, one dialouge....But overall, I think KANK is Karan Johar's weakest movie ever....It makes KKHH seem like a Masterpiece....

I am kind of let down by KANK.....Or maybe it won't be so bad when I see it again on DVD.....But somehow the movie didn't make me cry one bit, which is rather a shock, considering KJ movies thrive on making people emotional.....I must have seen KKHH umpteen times, but I still cry everytime I see the scene where SRK's daughter is speechless on stage when she has to say a few words about her Mother.....KANK being a movie about emotions and relationships simply failed to touch a chord or even strike an emotion, leave aside getting my eyes wet....

MT

Edited by mistletoe - 12 August 2006 at 12:07pm

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
i agree that the point ot message of this movie is not to go out nad have extra marital affairs. it is only a movie and its actually reflecting life. this does happen. but at the end of the movie it is only a movie. though i don't think if you are under 17 or maybe 16 even you should watch it. it is alot to take in and understand the way decisions are made in the end or beginnning. but i think karan johar wanted to focus on how love can develop at any stage of life and what it can do by changing ur life. i haven't watch the movie but i heard the basic storyline. but it's reality either the decisions are right or worng it does happen. i think there is no need for this controversyy b/c i am sure u hjave seen this type of theme in other american and indian movies.

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
I agree. I so didnt like this movie. I mean are they telling u to have affairs... LOL LOL

N who leaves their kid like dat, the way SRK in the movie????

Its not as easy as u think. My mom is like wat were they thinking when they made it..

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
thanx for the info but im 14 and i havent seen it yet so i dont know yet!

usheena

usheena

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
im from london and i thought the movie was wikid!!! it was different, not the usual crap which is unrealistic, married people have fights, have extra marital affairs, no big deal! I loved AB being naughty - it was a laugh!!! Love it!!! I can understand why most people in India would be shocked...maybe if it was released a century later..people would accept it more (no offence intended) if you can accept a film like murder...kank is nothing to be shocked about...even if it flops in India - no big deal, people in UK are loving it and it will make lots of money once you convert pounds into rupees

ciao

teenindia_usa

IF-Sizzlerz

teenindia_usa

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 2:22pm | IP Logged

well, I still stick to my view, oldfashioed as it may seem, a extra-marrital affair is wrong, and not just in this movie, any movie. Yet KJ is known to uphold morals and this movie he has turn a 180 turn.

Many of u say, its just a movie, true, and not saying that those who see this, are gonna go out and have affairs. I just think that message wrong in movie, and not just on extra marrital issue, yet overall.

like if a marriage is having problems there arebetter ways to resolve like therapy. while in a married instution it shouldbe unthinkable, when u marry u take a vow, a pledge, when u do this its totally amoral. i agree with the persons sister they should not have got together who knows, how long it will last in real I know they too will have issues and who thesay they  will not cheat and rani's excuse 4 affair was lame since abhi was supportaive and wanted luv...and none of them had goo d enough reason to warrent an affair..we have therapists licensed (why not use them)

Lets, take it as a movie, Iok, than I  think indiancinema is going awry, 1st we havecomedies like no entry, masti,making mockery on such a sacred instution(ok we take it in humor), than we movies like murder, etc,,also on infidelity, so whats so unique on this?? other thanbrillant actors playing negativecharacters...
yet i wan to see movies with positive messages/images..we need that and KJ was at one point in time...now?????????????????

I want to reply, to a poster, I live in the USA and think its morally wrong, and others who live here as well..so its not just indians in india, etc...its on ones own personal views..where they live is not the issue..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top