Debate Mansion

Debate of the Day:Controversy around KANK (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 26

salt

Goldie

salt

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:53am | IP Logged
I agree with you Hareem, but if you say there is no restriction to age, then any 15 or 16 year old will say they are mature enough to watch the film... I think its upto parents to decide whether their child ought to watch the movie or not... Now, I read somewhere that Srk's son watched the movie and loved it... LOL LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate of the Day:Controversy around KANK (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nadaanmasakalli

IF-Achieverz

nadaanmasakalli

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged
oh itz gonna be great and i am gonna be 18 in2 or3 months soitz ok forand even if itz not i m gonna watch caz shahrukh andd rani i love them

cutemah

IF-Sizzlerz

cutemah

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 9:59am | IP Logged
im gona go wotch it today LOL Embarrassed

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:00am | IP Logged
At the end of the day,its a movie,and I really pity learn lessons /go wrong watching movies..I think a movie doesnt need to tell me what to do and how to behave...My brains would tell me that(and if temporarily my brain stops working,I have my friends and relatives) Tongue

I havent watched KANK yet,and reading the reviews,I'm not too interested in watching it too...yes,SRK does look quite old,and I sincerely pray he does not ruin "DON" with his bouts of overacting and histrionics...,SRK looks bad in the DON trailors Dead ,Hope he does justice to that role which was played to perfection by Big B Clap

Usually,its the critics who tear the movies apart,but surprisingly,this time KANK has managed to garner good reviews,but The masses dont concur with the the critics...Many are disappointed,Some voice their disappointment openly, some are masquerading their disillusionment......What an anticlimax ,isnt it LOLNevertheless,its a HIT plainly due to the curiosity and the pre-release hype

Edited by Buffie - 13 August 2006 at 4:58am

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged
hmmm... i generally detest the 2nd half of all of Karan Johar's big banner movies. lets see if KANK also continues the trend. LOL

SADIYAH

SADIYAH

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:17am | IP Logged
i feel that its how every individual takes it! ive watched salaam namaste and i dont think live in relationships are very nyc!i wld lyk to watch KANK because of the actors n plus its a Karan Johar film.i as an individual do not think that movies shld make a difference to your lyf!its entertainment!my lyf would hav been quite borin widout films but hey i believe in wot i believe in i dont think a movie should change my beleifs! im still a kid n i just watch this movie for entertainment!so yeah!i think its how every individual takes it!

Edited by SADIYAH - 12 August 2006 at 10:19am

divya_p

Goldie

divya_p

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:34am | IP Logged
I saw the film w/ my family (who had no idea btw what the film was abt!)

I personally loved the film..I'm 14 and there were some bits that I didn't understand, but nevertheless...I loved the relationship b/w Maya and Dev..and thought they looked really cute together on screen!

However, my sister (who's 22) didn't want Maya and Dev to get together in the end, she said that when they get together..they also will experience the problems that most married couples will face as did the two couples in the movie.

My mother expected it to be like K3G..and she luvs SRK which is why she went to see it..and since it was not at all simular to K3G..she was a little dissappointed..it wasn't the fact that they had an affair that she didn't like..I guess she expected it to be a lot more like his other films..more for the family.

I guess since all of KJ's previous films were "family films" many ppl, assuming that KANK is the same went to see it..as did my family. THe film wasn't outstanding..but I guess the music and the acting made it worth-while..I was a lil bit dissappointed..bc I think I expected too much from it..but enjoyed the film nevertheless!

I don't really care abt the affair..I liked the way KJ potrayed the relationship b/w Maya and Dev..for once I got to see why ppl may have affairs..and I believe in the "soulmate" concept..so I guess that's why I didn't have a problem w/ the affair!

Edited by divya_p - 12 August 2006 at 10:36am

teenindia_usa

IF-Sizzlerz

teenindia_usa

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 10:38am | IP Logged
well, I still stick to my view, oldfashioed as it may seem, a extra-marrital affair is wrong, and not just in this movie, any movie. Yet KJ is known to uphold morals and this movie he has turn a 180 turn.

Many of u say, its just a movie, true, and not saying that those who see this, are gonna go out and have affairs. I just think that message wrong in movie, and not just on extra marrital issue, yet overall.

like if a marriage is having problems there arebetter ways to resolve like therapy, if not work ok part ways(though 4 me personally this is wrong), yet while in that married instution it shouldbe unthinkable, when u marry u take a vow, a pledge, when u do this its totally amoral. i agree with the persons sister they should not have got together who knows, how long it will last in real I know they too will have issues and who thesay they  will not cheat and rani's excuse 4 affair was lame since abhi was supportaive and wanted luv...and none of them had goo d enough reason to warrent an affair..we have therapists licensed (why not use them)

Lets, take it as a movie, Iok, than I  think indiancinema is going awry, 1st we havecomedies like no entry, masti,making mockery on such a sacred instution(ok we take it in humor), than we movies like murder, etc,,also on infidelity, so whats so unique on this?? other thanbrillant actors playing negativecharacters...
yet i wan to see movies with positive messages/images..we need that and KJ was at one point in time...now?????????????????

Edited by teenindia_usa - 12 August 2006 at 10:47am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top