Debate Mansion

Debate of the Day:Controversy around KANK (Page 26)

Post Reply New Post

Page 26 of 26

Page 1 Page 25
Page   of 26

melissa_25

Goldie

melissa_25

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
during the making of this movie rani said u feel sorry for all the characters..but sorry to say, i only felt sorry for rishi(abhi) and ria(preity)..dev was neurotic and maybe he had his reasons to be, but maya, well i just wanted to give her a tight slap!
tt character was the worst in the movie!!
kank deals with a bold subject, but it could have been taken in a different way...after seeing the movie i still do not see the reason as to why they needed to have an affair..infact to me it seems like they had an affair with the 1st person they came across just for the sake of having an affair...
Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate of the Day:Controversy around KANK (Page 26)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
well...i atlast saw the movie 2day(18th)i liked the comic scences very much ...but the ending by kj was a major let down..i was waiting for dis movie from june onwards...and after seeing the movie...i was shocked!kj did'nt completely live up to my expectations! Cry
the ending was not gud!
the opening of the film is gud only coz of big superstars!i dpn't think dis film will be a bloackbuster!the script is flawed but the performances are flawless!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
So, everyone here wants KJ to make only traditional Indian movies? This time he tried a different theme, atleast pat his back for trying it.

BTW, KANK seems to be 5th Blockbuster of the year after RDB, Fanaa, PHP and Krrish.

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
I dont care if its a hit,But I would terribly disappointed of SRK or Rani win the best actor/actress award for this piece of crap Dead ...They surely dont even deserve a nomination Dead

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 5:25am | IP Logged
well after reading so many views abt KANK ,it looks like the characters of preity and abhishek are the ones who should have looked outside their marriage Wink for their soul mates as they didnt deserve spouses like dev and maya .

I mean glorifying EMA esp for a character who taunts his wife just bcoz she is more successful than him or whose ego is bigger than his head is just plain unjust and ridiculous.

In the end ,I feel they should have focussed more on preity and abhishek's character coz they were the actual winners in life and it shouldn't have been abt two losers getting together in love .

Marriage is an institution in intelf that teaches you the meaning of life.It goes beyond love ,its about friendship,companionship,trust,honesty ...they should have atleast given a strong reason for justifying dev and maya's infedilty.

Dev has a kid for gods sake and marriage and kid is not a joke that one fine day u just leave them giving the reason of true love and soul mate .Who knows maybe tomorrow ,maya may be more successful than him and he may be disgusted with her too and leave her to find his next soul mate .

Anyway I would never ever agree to such a concept nor would i waste my money to see such a pathetic love story and that too made my KJ .

NKSUDHIR

IF-Dazzler

NKSUDHIR

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 11:40am | IP Logged
I think there is nothing wrong with Karan Johar trying a different concept in his movie KANK. Every one agree that there are flaws in the Script but KJ made it so funny to watch it that no body gets bored of it. Speaking about age limit, yes I don't think parents should allow kids to accompany them. For our culture its not a family movie.
Speaking about the subject matter of the movie, I think KJ took it from the society. These things are happening in Western as well as Indian societies. Here I am not only talking about Metropolitan cities, it is even happening in small villages where husbands are cheating on their innocent, pativarata wives. Regardless of the reason behind, Extra marital relationships, theoretically  is always considered wrong but practically there is not a huge percentage of perfect happy families out there in any society or country.
In olden days, number of EMs and divorces were lesser because there was such thing as COMPROMISE and ADJUSTMENT feelings in almost every couple, but new generations have ZERO tolerance for everything and they just dare to step out of their married life and start living together with someone else.
I am not just copying these statements from anywhere, I have seen many EMR's happening around here in Canada and back home too.
Therefore KJ didn't just picked the subject out of blue, it is happening more in Hollywood, Bollywood than in general public. Do you think when STARS remarried after  breaking up with there many years married life, just marry in one day? No, they cheat on their spouses; live with their new partners and then announce in public that they are divorcing the first one and remarrying to the new one.
The main thing I hated in KANK was, KJ shouldn't have made SRK to abuse the child so badly. There was no need to abuse a child to show your anger.

Edited by NKSUDHIR - 22 August 2006 at 11:45am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top