Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 38

Page 1
Page   of 38
Page 2 Page 38

SC-IPK1-Wwisher

SC-IPK1-Wwisher

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
20th Sept 2013.  Kalika- is she really that bad??? ( discussion pg. 38 ) 
 I think she is not doing any wrong in trying to gather information for Pramaad. Saras and Kumud mean nothing to her, all she cares about is her Chote Seth and the BD family. She feels Kumud is cheating Pramaad and the BD family. How is Kalika wrong makes me wonder. 
Usne BD family ka namak Khaya  hai, definitely she will be loyal to them. 

Here is some info. from my Aug 23rd post on pg.1
"Kalika has been taking care of Pramad and been there for him for 13 yrs.  She continues to love him and be by his side despite his marriage to Kumud. She is out there to get information reg Kumud-Saras link. At any cost she wants to get the truth to her chote Seth. 

Thoughts on Kalika by Dabulls23 on pg. 38 
Kalika was not bad as she was a child who always took care of Pramad or was there for him...Their  adult relationship must have started in past 5 + yrs  of total 13 yrs...What they are showing these days to put the whole blame on Kalika which I am not in agreement with..She was his best friend and source of support which she thought has turned into love for both and she had future in D family...

18th Sept 2013. Saras mission to eliminate Kalika ( discussion on pg.36-38) 

Discussion started by Dabulls23 and Netri reg. 18 th Sept episode. I will join in later.

17th Sept 2013.       Current state of a divided forum ( discussion pg. 32 onwards)

It's just not clear at this time, what the forum viewers really want. So in this case, we all get what the TRP aunties want. 

1. Some want SaMud only. Some do not mind if it's Saras with Kusum/ any one else.

2. Some do not mind DV track because  it will be a strong reason for Kumud to dump Pramaad. Some just cannot put up with the DV track.

3. Some want Saras out of Kumud's  house. Some want him by Kumud's side.

4. Some want Kumud to dump her Hubby. Some do not want her to quit.

5 . Some hold Kumud responsible for her current situation. 
     Some hold Saras and Pramaad responsible.

6. Some adore Saras. Now some adore Pramaad for his acting.

7. Some adore Guman ( for raising a well behaved Danny). 
    Some adore Kalika ( caring/ fighting for her Chote Seth).

8. Some hate Pramaad. Some  think he is a guy with psychological problems. 

9. Some think all is fine. Some find  flaws- the script and director.

10. Some don't mind putting up with current track. 
      Some don't mind SC going off air.

11. Some adore Kumud and Kusum. Some do not. 

12.  Some care about GR-Jen  offscreen chemistry. Some do not care about it. 

13. Some think GR-Jen onscreen chemistry is perfect. Some think it is not perfect. 

13th  Sept    Kumud is  equally responsible for current mess  (Pls read discussions pg. 27 onwards) 
10th Sept discussion changed from Pramaad to Kumud   pg. 27  onwards. This change is now reflected in the title of the post " Kumud equally responsible for the current mess" . Please read with an open mind, these discussions are more reg. dealing with situations. 

10th Sept 2013.      Some sympathy for  Pramaad ( discussion on this topic pg. 23-26) 
First of all, BD got him married to Kumud against his own wishes. No sensible  guy can put up with it, however, Pramaad did because he is spineless. He made it clear to Kumud the same night,  that he is not interested in her as his wife, and  he was forced to get married. Now just because Kumud want's to be his wife, should he accept it? As it is he is a complicated person, and Kumud's mission to sudharo  him is driving him nuts. He just does not want her to be a part of his life. Instead, Kumud  is fasting  for him, expecting him to break her fast, in short complicating his life. Pramaad is unable to tolerate all this, moreover, he is regularly humiliated by his Dad for not putting effort to work on the marriage. By continuing to be a part of Pramaad's life she has made his life difficult. Moreover, his plan to expose Saras-Kumud flopped. When he gets to know the truth he gonna get angry again. He is a person living in the same house with his wife's ex, and he does not know about it. 
He got to know about Saraswatichandra from Umesh ( a third person) and not much from Kumud. Of course, Kumud  has her own reasons to hide such info. How can one expect to lead a peaceful loving married life, if it is not based on honesty? He also  knows that his wife Kumud loves Saraswatichandra. No man would like to have such a feeling. We all know it is true. 
I think BD is more responsible for the current chaos, and not Pramaad.
Saras and Kumud should reveal all, and put an end to the current crisis that is affecting so many.

7th Sept 2013     IPKKND1 and SC ( discussion on this topic at pg. 23)
The current depressive SC track has kept me away, in addition to my work and travel. Here I will discuss IPKKND1 ( currently watching) and compare it to SC. 
Some time back I had requested suggestions for an Indian show. IPKKD2 was one of the shows suggested. I watched 2 episodes and skipped it, cos I found IPKKND1 (Barun and Sanaya ) more interesting, and am loving their awesome chemistry. They are just a fab onscreen couple. So cool and easy going during their offscreen interviews. IPKKND1 is a feel good show, and am really enjoying  it. I notice some flaws here and there, however, I choose to ignore them. Amazed by the  tons of Nok-Jhok love stories, clean pure romantic shots, comedy, kiddo characters, villian, wonderful brother- sister and sister-sister relationships, Naniji, Buwaji, Mamiji and  cousins, Sanaya stands up for her rights, subtle social messages, subtle religious parts, all characters being followed throughout the show, no part of the story dropped abruptly, music and dance performances by Barun and Sanaya, different tracks added to the main story without deviating from the main romantic  focus of the show.  Finally,  equally good supporting cast, amazing dialogues and their delivery.In brief, IPKKND1 has something for every viewer. 
I loved that the couple gets to spend some quite romantic time together without a villian/ vamp watching, with some weird music in the background. The leads continue to be the main focus of attention throughout the show. One can hardly make fun of them for any error, or accuse them of any wrong doing. 
 I finally know who Barun and Sanaya are and would like to thank the forum members for introducing me to IPKKND1. If Barun and Sanaya ever get back together,  I will surely watch their show  because their chemistry works so well.I am glad the channel decided to  end the show after Barun decided to leave, because I think it is impossible to find someone who can replace him. 
Watching IPKKND1 has allowed me to analyse the SC show, and understand the factors that must have prevented it from getting higher TRP or getting to No.1 position. 
1. SC is supposed to be a love story, as projected to the viewers by SLB. However,I always felt something missing from the Samud onscreen magic. Most of the times it was a touch me not romance. They failed to come across to me as a couple deeply in love.  After watching Barun-Sanaya in an Indian show, I see that an onscreen  couple in love cannot be missed by a viewer. 
2. A comic character ( similar to mamiji etc. from IPKKND1) missing. In short, hardly any lighter moments. 
3. The sisterly bond, does not feel as genuine, kusum always has far from perfect dialogues. I think forget about Kusum and Saras chemistry. It just not gonna work. 
4. Quick transition from calling off wedding, to getting back together, getting engaged, PMS, and again calling off the wedding. The viewers never got a chance to really see their romance evolve. 
5. Too much of anger and crying. Unnecessarily putting the other person down. 
6. Other cast members taking over as  leads of the show. At times the outfits and the looks of the leads are ignored. In addition,  certain crazy dialogues and situations have weakend the leads. 
7. Parts of stories have gone missing along with characters. Tons of hidden secrets. Feels like am watching a detective show and not a romantic one.
8. Domestic violence, Pati Sudharo Abhiyan and  certain unrealistic tracks.
9. Problems in conveying certain social messages to the audience.
10. The vamp was constantly popping up everywhere, even when the leads had those rare romantic moments. At a point the vamp was everywhere. Also Umesh and Kumari took unnecessary screen space. 
11.  Dadaji, Gyaan chacha, Kumud's kiddo dewar  etc gone missing without the viewers knowing about it. 
12. Story at the same location and with he same characters for too long, thus giving a claustrophobic feeling. 
 13. Certain dialogues are really outdated and not suitable for current times. 
14. Some cute kiddo characters missing, I think INKKPD1 managed to have atleast two kiddo characters at different stages. 
15. The relationships among the onscreen characters seems a bit formal in SC, when compared to IPKKND1 where one feels they may be a real family. IPKKND1 cast members  have so much fun together during award function as well. They all are truly a bunch of cool people. The casting director of IPKKND1 should get a big bonus for putting together such a wonderful team. 
I had really harsh words for Star Plus channel and accused them of changing the track for TRPs. However, after watching IPKKND1 I would not like to hold them responsible. The channel is capable of telecasting a sensible show free of Sas-bahu and DV tracks. The writers, directors and the cast of SC should be held  responsible for not creating a magic for their viewers. 

Pls see 28th Aug post below in- italics and underlined.
Did you guys sense Saras-kusum getting together. I am traveling, so will not be able to respond. Please leave your opinions. 

Aug 30th, 2013.      " Revolt" plan to make our voice heard
Dear Fans of Saraswatichandra,
Many of us have been  watching this show since day 1, for different reasons. Judging  by the forum activities, I gather we are all frustrated  with the current track, for different reasons. I think , we are quite unanimous  in our decision 
When we were watching the show, the TRP aunties gave Saraswatichandra a miss. The  TRP aunties came into the picture once the DV, abusive hubby, Pati Sudharo track started. Though, most of us do not like it, we continue to watch and get frustrated. This show has added a new set of viewers to the loyal viewers. The makers  choose to ignore the loyal viewers and give credit to TRP aunties.
The makers are really taking viewers like me for granted and pleasing only TRP aunties. I plan to stop watching it ( may be you can watch it at a time, when TRPs are not counted, best watch it online at dailymotion.com)  and not contribute to the TRP aunties success.  Will wait until the current track changes.  This is my "revolt" plan to make  my voice heard. 
Today, just saw a few shots that had Saras, skipped most of it. I want my leads to stop being dishonest and reveal the truth, reveal Kumud- Saras-Navinchandra angle. Just get the truth out, I have lost patience with TRP hungry guys. 
As always, suggestions most welcome. 

Aug 29th, 2013.       An Indian show could turn so bad
Oh, boy
Never imagined in my life, that I would watch an Indian show after such a long time and  this would be it's fate. Looks like after so many years of Independence, DV, fixing a troubled hubby and his mistress are still  the priorities. 
Is it really that big an issue?  Is it so bad for women and the TRP aunties?  This show is  completely dedicated to one issue. 
Today, nothing much to write cos the entire BD family,Saras and Kusum ( glad they did not show VC family) had only "Pramaad Sudharo" and "Usko Kumud ka Pati Banao" in their thoughts and actions. There was a "Kakika ko sudharo" mission as well. Next they will start " Kalika hatao mission". Any plans for Saras?
May be the writer or someone close to the show has this mission and those thoughts are reflected here. My sincere request, please spare us, have some mercy on the viewers. 
The show has changed from " Saraswatichandra" to "Pramaadchandra". I did not sign up for the later. How worse can it get? We want our Saraswatichandra back.
Literally got an headache after watching today's show. 

Aug 28th, 2013.      Kumud has moved on to retain "institution of marriage"
Nayi soch may be " Move on with your life" 
I think from today's episode it is clear that Kumud has moved on and so has Saras. There is nothing romantic between the two, they share more of a platonic relationship. Two mature individuals who have left their past behind, are friendly and care for each other. Kumud refused to give details of her relationship with Saras. She clearly wants to protect her marriage, though I do not approve of her dishonesty. I had a laugh when she said " Kalika ka jhoot samne lakar rahoongi" . What about you Ma'am? Apka itna Sara jhoot  kaun samne layega" Kumud will continue with her "Pati Sudharo Abhiyaan" and keep a set of  TRP aunties happy. I do not like the fact that her marriage is based on dishonesty. 
Please do not expect any romantic angle at this stage between Saras- Kumud. It will be an extra marital affair, and definately not liked by TRP aunties..
As mentioned in my earlier responses to posts by kiranpreethee  and Spartan 187 , I think we all will have to gear up for a change.
 The story needs to move forward, the makers are gonna make a smart move. 
1. They will try to move the DV track and the Pati sudharo Abhiyaan and  keep some TRP aunties happy. Retain institution of marriage.  Kumud can be happy with her in- laws the BD mansion and Naukar chakar. She can fulfil all her so called " Vachan's".
Kumud has clearly indicated that she has moved on, by packing a spicy meal for Saras. I would have liked if "insaniyat ke Naate" she would have packed a non spicy meal for Saras, especially, when he had  skipped breakfast. 
2. How long can we see the Saras- Kumud platonic relationship? Honestly, I have already lost an interest in their romance. If we want the show to be around for a few years, are  we going to see Saras drop Kumud's kids to school and be her bodyguard? If she gets more friendly to Saras and shares info. with him, she will be cheating on her hubby.
3.  If  we have to wait for Pramd to die, well good luck, its not happening soon. In case, it happens sooner and the BD family decide to get their widowed DIL married to another son Navinchandra, that's a different story. 
4. However, if the makers plan to retain the original story, they may start a new new fresh romance with Kusum  to keep the other viewers entertained ( parallel to the DV and Pati Sudharo abhiyaan).  
A new jodi like Saras- kusum can infuse a new life into the show, they can give all cool interviews and make appearances in shows and dance together. More over Kusum does not have a hubby with a touch me not clause, and controlling her career with a list of clauses.  ( For the chaar kadam ki doori phase, Mr K took credit for it). 
Kusum does have a soft corner for Saras, has won bets with Kumud, agreed to help Sunny (Insaniyat ke Naate)  and applied medication to his wound yesterday. She does not know, that Saras was there  for the wedding and  was beaten up by Umesh. Saras is the one who saved Kumari as well as Kumud.
 Of course, some may argue that any other girl can be a part of Saras life, however, keeping in mind his emotional bonding with VC family and Kumud, Kusum can be the best. He can now be endorsed by Kumud and her in- laws.  Moreover, if by marrying Kusum he can make Kumud and the VC family happy, he will do it. In my opinion, anything to help him get rid of the guilt. Sometime back, he took that "Kasam". I will not be surprised if the makers move along with the Saras-Kusum angle. In addition, as rosame & spartan 187 have mentioned, they can show Saras putting his education to use and  doing some charity work etc.
In the coming weeks the makers will make decisions based on TRPs. They are smart guys here to make tons of money for their channel and show. SC  fans pls do not  get upset, if the story does not move forward according to your wish. 

Aug 23rd, 2013.        How Pramad and Kalika have been more loyal to each other (my thoughts were based on what the makers had  shown us. Now they are showing that Pramaad is only using Kalika)
Did the makers signal a change today. For the first time there was a Saras- Kumud smile and Kumud did care for Saras. Was it a result of Kalika dhamki ? Now  that Kumud knows about the strong Pramad- Kalika bond, did she turn her attention to Saras?
Enough of all this fake marriage. Let Pramad and Kalika be happy, let Kumud move on with Saras ( or whatever she wants to do). She must not force herself to be his wife. Anyways, this Pramad- Kumud marriage is based on dishonesty. Today, Kumud revealed details about Saraswatichandra in a really smart way. She is hiding a lot of info. from her hubby. How can she expect to be his  life partner? In addition, she does have a soft corner for Saras and this has prevented her from revealing his true identity. May be she kind of likes to have him around. Pramad is nothing, but a trophy Kumud needs to win to please VC and BD family. 

Pramad  is better than Kumud- he let Kumud know the kind of person he is. In addition, he has not hid his relationship with Kalika and continues to not be Kumud's  dear hubby. 

Kalika has been taking care of Pramad and been there for him for 13 yrs.  She continues to love him and be by his side despite his marriage to Kumud. She is out there to get information reg Kumud-Saras link. At any cost she wants to get the truth to her chote Seth. 
My best wishes to Kalika. Naukrani  hai to kya hua, she is so loyal. Also, Pramad is loyal to her by not accepting Kummi as his wife. 

Aug 20th, 2013.      Saraswatichandra show continues respecting institution of marriage
The precap today- showed the beginning of an upcoming kusum- Saras connection. The makers may be following the novel, where Kumud requests Saras to marry her sis, if he wants her to be happy. 
By doing so the makers plan to retain their respect for institution of marriage ( TRP aunties happy). 
However, if they decide otherwise, they can show Saras-Kumud together once she is a widow.
The  makers showing  a saras- kusum temporary angle at this stage can instil some jealousy in Kumud and this will be interesting to watch. This will allow Kusum to question Kumud about her true  feelings for Saras and her reasons to forgive Saras, in case she does forgive him. In case, Kumud does not care, that will indicate she has really moved on, and Saras is her forgotten past. 
The makers decision will change based on the TRP numbers they get. 

Aug 17th, 2013     Alcoholics  need Rehab- makers pls be practical   ( If you are interested in discussion by forum members in response to this post, pls visit the link 
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3705303
Hello, makers of the  show " Saraswatichandra". Lets get a bit more practical here, now that you have decided to set Kumud on a  " Pramad Sudharo abhiyaan" for the sake of pleasing TRP aunties and earning some revenue for your channel. 
Can you please show some respect to your viewers? These people belong to all starta of society, and also  different parts of the  world. In some way or the other they are connected to India and its social issues. They may differ in their opinions, however, in the end they do want to see the society progress and get more civilized. 

We have seen for quite sometime,Kumud  is putting up with Domestic violence (DV). You are dealing with such a sensitive issue in a very irresponsible manner. This makes it really frustrating to watch. 

It is Kumud's or  the VC family problem, if she wants to get back to BD house and go on this "Pramad Sudharo Abhiyan". As makers, you will defend these happenings by saying that this is a problem that exists. It may be your intention to turn Kumud into this woman who can fix her current messy life all by herself. However, it is my suggestion to please refrain from doing so. Mainly, because you have already shown that she has not been able to save her own life ( if Saras was not around she would be dead in real life). Please show her being honest and taking help from all quaters to  accomplish her mission. I do not know, how and when she will succeed. If Pramad will live or die as an alcoholic. Your dealing with this issue in a sensible  way will  teach real life woman something (if they are  trapped in similar situations and that is your intention in showing the current track).

Treating an alcoholic is not a wife's forte, in this case Kumud. Lets be practical, Pramad needs medical intervention for his problems, he needs to get help from a Rehab center. The issue of alcoholics and the rehab centers was discussed in the show Satyameva Jayate by Aamir Khan. 

In addition, Kumud does not need NGO, since she has her family close by. However, real life woman may need intervention by NGO- in case their family is not supportive, living far away, or parents are not living any more. Please treat this issue of DV in a more sensible and responsible way, and not in a typical filmy style. I am sure TRPs is your main goal, however, showing real good stuff can also increase TRPs. 

Please do this favour to those people who are watching your show to find a soutions to their real life problems ( certain TRP aunties).

Finally, never forget-  the show is about " Dastan Saraswatichandra ki" and not " Kumud ke DV" or "Pramad Sudharo Abhiyan Ki". 

Aug 13th 2013  Bravo Dukhba-not any more 

Dukhba, I praised you on Aug 12. I would like to take back my words.   I thought, you were strong and would give Kumud some sense. It's the rehabs that fix alcoholics not wives. 

Aug 12th 2013, Bravo Dukhba ( for discussions reg. this post pls visit the link below)
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3700329&PID=89954728&#p89954728

Clap  Dukhba  for what you said today on " Saraswatichandra". It will be  interesting to see what lies ahead and how you will put forth your views to Kumud. 

Women have always been burdened with the responsibility of protecting family honour. However, with time changes do occur. 

We have managed to get rid of practices like Sati, child marriages etc. These days people speak  against dowry and you have women  discussing their plight on TV. There are women who call of their wedding at the last minute, because the grooms parents demanded some huge dowry. In the olden days this  was unheard of. However, now such women are praised and you have media turning them into a hero overnight. Fortunately, these women have been able to find like minded guys and get married. So women are being appreciated for speaking up. Widows are allowed to remarry, they are not expected to give  up everything and dress in complete white clothes. There are organizations that help women in distress. We have more and more women getting education, have positions in army, fly fighter planes, women sarpanch in small towns, even the way they dress has changed etc.

You can see the change, when you  look around ( cities as well as small towns) and compare yourself to the previous generation. The women in rural areas are emerging as well ( look at Gulabi  gang on youtube). 

Best, I can sense a change at this forum itself where so many are  voicing their concerns, reg. Kumud's plight. It is surely a progress in the right direction.

Domestic  violence is a problem throughout the world and exists in every strata of the society. I wonder if we can ever get rid of it completely. We cannot expect women to be brave overnight  it is a process that needs to started when they are young and their minds are trained to see the right and wrong behaviors. Agree, divorce is not a solution, however, training their minds to give them the confidence  to find a life partner of their choice who respects and loves them can be achieved. 

Society has accepted so many reforms that has lead to women leading better lives. It is still a work n progress.  May be in the coming years a society will be more open to the idea of a woman walking away from a loveless marriage with an abusive hubby. 

Please, I am not suggesting that all women divorce their abusive hubbies. However, it will be nice if a woman does have an option to walk away from such a troublesome life. She will be able to do so when the society is more open to viewing her not as a divorcee because of her own wrong doing or her karma, but as a strong woman who chose not to lead a miserable life and instead decided to put her energy into doing other worthy constructive things. 

Analysis- The writers tried  to follow an old recipe and got it all wrong. They showed Kumud putting up with abusive husband and her efforts  to hide his wrong doing, for too long. Unfortunately, her situation managed to generate more anger than sympathy.  Alas, the damage to Kumud's image was done. I am glad they found a quick solution in Dukhba to get the situation into control. 

11th Aug 2013-     VC and BD family deserve each other-
It's weird, watching the current track, I think both Pramad  and Kumud deserve each other. Really bugged, when Kumud compared Saras to Pramad.

VC family cheated BD family-       the BD family was not aware to what extent their daughter-in -law was involved with Saras, ( forget about PMS etc). Saras continues to live in the same house and poor BD family does not know who Navinchandra is. They continue to be cheated. 

BD family cheated VC family-     they got their rich and useless son married to this educated woman. They promote their own daughter professionally ( who also lives in this small town), and get a well educated daughter-in- law to make their son a human and looks like this will take up most of her time. The family is putting in so much efforts to hide the truth from VC family even today. (12th Aug episode SIL did nudge Kumud to do something else apart from cooking).

Neither family thought, there was something fishy about this last minute wedding. Both will pay a price for it. They deserve each other. How long can such a marriage last in real life?

When the BD family will know the reality of their dear daughter-in-law and Navichandra , will be a day to watch. Really looking forward to it. Wonder what her MIL will have to say then.

Pramad  will say "no wonder you (kumud) did not leave this home, in spite  of I abusing you so much, because Navinchandra was here". Here Pramad has a right point to make, because Kumud is cheating the BD family big time. 

10th Aug 2013-    Rumors regarding the show going off air.
Now I think may be the channel is not happy with the storyline, domestic violence, Saras Kumud wedding called off, Kumud wanting to save her marriage ( with the help of Saras). 

Real life women  do not have a Saras in their life staying at their home to save them.  Kumud would be dead by now after that pillar fell and when her hubby tried to strangle her. I wonder, if she would have been able to even  save her life without Saras, forget about taking care of abusive Pati and his family. In short , for me she is not a real woman but a true fictional character , whom many woman will not be able to relate to now. 

These days, I watch when Saras is onscreen because he is the only one making some sense keeping in mind the current times. Now after Saras drove some sense,Kumud has agreed to take some action.

May be SLB is just doing what he wants and not listening to the channel. The channel has to interfere because they have to generate money to run their channel. It is a big business. 

Hope it is a rumor, they fix the story flaws sooner and move on. 

7th Aug 2013.  Saraswatichandra & Institution of marriage & TRP connection.
For the past few days watching Kumud's  life post-marriage has been frustrating. It helps us all wonder, why is Kumud a well educated girl, with a strong will power putting up with all that nonsense?We all want her to dump that dear hubby  and move on with her life with Saras. However, though Kumud is educated and would want to do so, she will always think what impact her decision will have on her parents and her goody in- laws. This is the girl who married, for her parents self- respect. 
Unfortunately, our wish of Kumud walking away  has not been grated. Why not?
Well the show is an Indian show, telecast on Doordarshan and Star Plus. It is telecast in a country where the Institution of marriage is placed up there. It is pretty strong compared to the western world, where such behavior  by a hubby would lead to a quick divorce ( in most cases). Kumud recovered a bit after she heard Saras, because she got answers to tons of her questions. However, the next thing she wanted to do was nothing to do with Saras but take care of her marriage and Pati.

The makers trying to show that Kumud makes a quick  exit, will not be appreciated by tons of TRP aunties. They think that  the current generation lacks tolerance power. Under such circumstances, it will be favourable to show that Kumud is  a good daughter and daughter-in-law. She will do her best to make it all work (Wonder, if she will take an extreme step  after the Pramad-Kalika shot). 

How successful she will be? Lots of questions. If her hubby gets more abusive she may take a decision to move on ( TRP aunties will then support) or is able to fix her dear hubby ( again TRP aunties will be happy). Either way, a win win situation for the TRP aunties. Lets see how lucky we get.

We are frustrated with Kumud putting up with her dear hubby. Lets  see what lies ahead. 
Please post your thoughts and comments, different opinions most welcome.

Edited by SC-IPK1-Wwisher - 20 September 2013 at 2:22pm

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicazprekhrajwikileaksarmanmallikFilza111jekenmsufmsjnprosamebanglesblrgalluvabhiya9adi1986-Pro-LISAHANNAHtharun123ManzzsihuSamsangeethahappychappykiranpreetheeohmygodurgreatNiharika17april12..Athena..dasan.divyasona...666twila-Wishes-piyualka-Kruti.S-KK84ShanUlasMrDarcyfan-B.N.K-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kalika- is she really that bad? Post-pg.1 & discussion pg. 38" in Saraswatichandra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

happychappy

Goldie

happychappy

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged
I dont think SC is setting a standard or showcasing an ideal of what a marriage should be, or what the woman should tolerate... because:

It is an adaptation not an original TV story

It is an adaptation of a very old, and well-loved classic,

Kumud is an educated girl, but from a traditional family, brought up and living in a conservative environment

While Kumud's character is strong and fearless,  she has high moral standards, a painfully clearcut sense of right and wrong, high regard for family ties and parents' happiness as well as their standing in society. She does not consider quitting and taking the easy way out, because then she would be failing her own standards.  

All these are constraints that the team has to work within, so... 
They can make some changes ( we all know the ONE change we can't do without!) but not too many as it would alter the soul of the story. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Filza111neenakhurana27mainkiAR1220-Pro-SC-IPK1-Wwisherkiranpreetheesihunitzy_21pasumarthisaapril12twiladasan.divya_Littles12_-Pj-MrDarcyfanNikki_Titli

dasan.divya

IF-Dazzler

dasan.divya

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:08am | IP Logged
wow awesome post
we saw in precap kumud leaving frm Bd's house but her saasuma will stop her but later i dont want she trying to make prammy good but sure this track will be loved by TRP aunties we viewers hav to suffer coz of trp auties wht all heart breaking things we watched for this trp aunties but @ last @ any cost i want samud to be united
yeh adhoori daasthan poora hona chahiye @ any cost...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksFilza111neenakhurana27SC-IPK1-Wwisherkiranpreetheeannete

Manzz

Coolbie

Manzz

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Big smile  Big smile   Thanks, A Lot  Big smile

Big smile  Big smile  Big smile Very Well Said Big smile

Big smile    Big smile Great Thought Big smile

Big smile  Big smile  Big smile

Big smile Nice Big smile  Big smile  Big smile  Going Big smile   Big smile

Edited by Manzz - 08 August 2013 at 12:28am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

neenakhurana27SC-IPK1-Wwisherkiranpreetheeannetedasan.divya

SC-IPK1-Wwisher

SC-IPK1-Wwisher

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:40am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=happychappy]I dont think SC is setting a standard or showcasing an ideal of what a marriage should be, or what the woman should tolerate... because:

It is an adaptation not an original TV story

It is an adaptation of a very old, and well-loved classic,

Kumud is an educated girl, but from a traditional family, brought up and living in a conservative environment

While Kumud's character is strong and fearless,  she has high moral standards, a painfully clearcut sense of right and wrong, high regard for family ties and parents' happiness as well as their standing in society. She does not consider quitting and taking the easy way out, because then she would be failing her own standards.  

All these are constraints that the team has to work within, so... 
They can make some changes ( we all know the ONE change we can't do without!) but not too many as it would alter the soul of the story. 

> I agree with you that SC may not be trying to set a standard. However, sometimes I feel they do make changes for TRP's. With  the current track, their TRP's are on a better side and may be because of the reasons I have described above. 

Reg. the adaptation, I had felt at the story was being adapted to current times really well, and had written a post about it. The makers have shown that she belongs to a conservative family. However, I do not think some of her actions reflected those of a conservative family and small town girl. That's why sometimes I get confused with the original story and adaptation.

With the current track, I am not able to really come to terms with the  domestic violence. I do not know how it was during the time when the original story was written. For the current time, it is painful for me to watch it on screen. I am glad he has not hit her directly ( except that strangling shot). Unfortunately, I suppose it is a reality, which cannot be denied and is being shown in SC. 

Despite her being strong, she has been in denial about a lot of  things. Today's show- the conversation with MIL she had, will really be luved by TRP aunties. In my opinion,she has already put up with a lot of stuff and  her being vocal about issues can  be help ( denial mode again tomorrow).

Honestly, I thought Kumud was the girl as your described (above in bold), however, some of her actions in the past and the personality reflected in the current track have left me a bit confused. 

Finally, its not easy for the makers to balance their act at so many levels. In the end, to be around they have to have TRPs to attract sponsors and air the show for SC fans.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksFilza111rosameannetehappychappydasan.divya

happychappy

Goldie

happychappy

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Agree.I am pretty shocked by today's episode. Not good viewing, not Kumud.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksFilza111SC-IPK1-Wwisherdasan.divya

SC-IPK1-Wwisher

SC-IPK1-Wwisher

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by happychappy

>Shocked, me too.
What a terrible day for the women.  Wow, now putting up with a cheating husband as well. 

Looks  like, Saras gonna get real upset tomorrow. To me, it appears that the makers are showing two sides of a coin, one side represents  Kumud and the other side Saras. The makers want to please viewers on both sides.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksneenakhurana27rosame-Pro-annetekiranpreetheedasan.divyaMrDarcyfan

happychappy

Goldie

happychappy

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SC_wellwisher

Originally posted by happychappy

>Shocked, me too.
What a terrible day for the women.  Wow, now putting up with a cheating husband as well. 

Looks  like, Saras gonna get real upset tomorrow. To me, it appears that the makers are showing two sides of a coin, one side represents  Kumud and the other side Saras. The makers want to please viewers on both sides.

@Bold, that's an impossible dream...Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksneenakhurana27SC-IPK1-Wwisher-Pro-dasan.divya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top