Page 5 of 506

-wintergreen-

IF-Stunnerz

-wintergreen-

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -iLoveSobti-

Originally posted by -sweetgal19-

Back !! Cool Where are the other team members ?Ermm

Viz !! Yayy you're here! Hug Bwahahaha blame the CC's for that ROFL  Btw you found anything for Main course and Dessert ?Embarrassed
Main course hmmm...
Rice,Sambar,Paruppu Podi(Andhra),Banana Chips(Kerala).
All i can remember for now.LOL

Okay! LOL But do find some more na Viz for each state and list if possible hun,then from that we can decide and choose and then prepare the Menu,I thought it will be easier ! EmbarrassedIf its okay with you guys! Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

somergasm.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Diversity Show:SS Discussions (Page 5)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Abhi, Ravi was purposely testing you ROFL 

Yay, so we have Abhi, Jenny and -ILoveSobti (sorry, don't know your name Embarrassed) Just waiting for 2 more members, hopefully they make it here soon.

So for a quick intro:

I'm Jillu and I'm your team captain. I'm not supposed to take part in the main work you guys do Cry , but I'm here to supervise the progress, answer any queries/concern etc. LOL

-wintergreen-

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:35am | IP Logged

So South India mainly comprises of Kerala ,Karnataka,Tamil Nadu,Andhra Pradesh 

So I'm listing out the popular food in each state list wise! Then we can decide the Menu accordingly !! Embarrassed (Giving descriptions in bracket for understanding purpose)

Drinks---->  AP-  Rasam (Clear thin Veg/Non Veg soup)

Karnataka-   1) North Karnataka- Menasina Saaru (Tangy soup like Rasam)
                                             2) Malenadu Cuisine-Chicken Saaru,kaapi (Coffee),Kaadu                                                                          manvinahannina saaru

Kerala- Herbal Teas,Sambharam(A diluted buttermilk),coffee and tea,fresh lime juice

Tamil Nadu- Thengai Paal (sweet hot milk),Paayasam(Kheer),Filter Coffee.

Jillu does starters mean snack types ?? Not sure Confused But listing them nevertheless! 

Starters------> AP- Mixture,Boondi,Bajji (spicy dips) ,Pakodi (Fritters),Gaare (deep fried and                                              spiced  dough) Bean/Pea Snacks

Karnataka- Bonda/Bajji (Deep fried vegetables in batter),
                                        Chakkuli (aka Murukku,a savory item),baaLaka(deep fried vegetables and                                            wafers types)

Kerala- Payasam ( Kheer,served as Starters as well),Pachadi (something like                                                 Raitha,Kichadi (made of curd/cucumber served as part of Sadya- a                                                       traditional banquet in Kerala)

Tamil Nadu-(Traditionally sweets are eaten first )Payasam ,Kesari,Sweet Pongal                                                     ,Appam(Pancake types)

Main Course-------> AP- Koora (Protein Based dish) 

res

Starters are the appetizers before the meal. So yeah, they are the snack types LOL

@ blue - suddenly many things in my life makes sense ROFL

-wintergreen-

somergasm.

IF-Sizzlerz

somergasm.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Heyy Jillu I am Vishvapriya! You can call me Viz!

-wintergreen-

-wintergreen-

IF-Stunnerz

-wintergreen-

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by supercool3

Abhi, Ravi was purposely testing you ROFL 

Yay, so we have Abhi, Jenny and -ILoveSobti (sorry, don't know your name Embarrassed) Just waiting for 2 more members, hopefully they make it here soon.

So for a quick intro:

I'm Jillu and I'm your team captain. I'm not supposed to take part in the main work you guys do Cry , but I'm here to supervise the progress, answer any queries/concern etc. LOL

Oh I didnt know that,confuse aayiten ROFLROFL Yes! Waiting for the other 2 members to come too! Embarrassed Hi Jillu! Tongue Nice to know you! TongueLOLHug

-wintergreen-

IF-Stunnerz

-wintergreen-

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by supercool3

So South India mainly comprises of Kerala ,Karnataka,Tamil Nadu,Andhra Pradesh 

So I'm listing out the popular food in each state list wise! Then we can decide the Menu accordingly !! Embarrassed (Giving descriptions in bracket for understanding purpose)

Drinks---->  AP-  Rasam (Clear thin Veg/Non Veg soup)

Karnataka-   1) North Karnataka- Menasina Saaru (Tangy soup like Rasam)
                                             2) Malenadu Cuisine-Chicken Saaru,kaapi (Coffee),Kaadu                                                                          manvinahannina saaru

Kerala- Herbal Teas,Sambharam(A diluted buttermilk),coffee and tea,fresh lime juice

Tamil Nadu- Thengai Paal (sweet hot milk),Paayasam(Kheer),Filter Coffee.

Jillu does starters mean snack types ?? Not sure Confused But listing them nevertheless! 

Starters------> AP- Mixture,Boondi,Bajji (spicy dips) ,Pakodi (Fritters),Gaare (deep fried and                                              spiced  dough) Bean/Pea Snacks

Karnataka- Bonda/Bajji (Deep fried vegetables in batter),
                                        Chakkuli (aka Murukku,a savory item),baaLaka(deep fried vegetables and                                            wafers types)

Kerala- Payasam ( Kheer,served as Starters as well),Pachadi (something like                                                 Raitha,Kichadi (made of curd/cucumber served as part of Sadya- a                                                       traditional banquet in Kerala)

Tamil Nadu-(Traditionally sweets are eaten first )Payasam ,Kesari,Sweet Pongal                                                     ,Appam(Pancake types)

Main Course-------> AP- Koora (Protein Based dish) 

res

Starters are the appetizers before the meal. So yeah, they are the snack types LOL

@ blue - suddenly many things in my life makes sense ROFL
Okay ! Thanks Jil for clarifiying! TongueLOL Aanhaan ROFLROFL

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Jillu u r my enemy hehe u pottukuduthufying me to abhi akka LOL

DiehardYMfan

IF-Rockerz

DiehardYMfan

Posted: 07 August 2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Hey folks I think we should include coconut barfi in the dessert section...it is undoubtedly one of the best south Indian items...oops hii I m sourya...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top