Sooraj's relationship with Sandhya in 3 phases

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Phase 1- SURYA marriage till Sandhya's dream come out

Sooraj fell in love with Sandhya the moment he saw her photo. He was drooling over her. Unfortunately for him on their SR she rejects him brutally. Then just like any other lover he tries to win her back. He tries to help her which she spurns initially. Then slowly steadily he manages to gain her confidence. Again when he just feels he won the battle happens the divorce papers and Sandhya's second outburst. He feels she is not happy with him and decides to move out of her life. Typical behavior of a lover who decides to sacrifice his love. Accident brings them together and he realizes she has feelings towards him. But just like a lover who is afraid of rejection he doesn't makes his feelings open, but hints indirectly observing her responses. Once he feels confident that she loves him , he professes his love to her. The expression on his face when Sandhya hugs after professing her love is that of a person who has got his most precious possession that is his love. Then slowly he wants to proceed to next level and even how he hesitatingly asks her a gift. Even then he says. You wont reject naa. Sandhya doesn't reject his plea but doesn't give that as easily either. I mean she makes him come behind her for his gift. After that every time he makes advances towards her , she spurns it with her badmashi smile knowing very well he adores her. This going behind continues till Sandhya's dream is revealed

Phase 2-  From Sandhya's dream revelation  to Second MP

Now he comes to know his wife has a larger ambition. She wants to serve the nation. He decides to support it. But what he gets from Bhabo for that is the complete rejection of the idea. He sees Sandhya trying to sacrifice. He sees Sandhya in dilemma.He sees his  mother brainwashing Sandhya. He sees her pain while taking the option of night college. There he becomes her friend, a soft pillow for her tears, a person whom she can share all her worries, a person who is a mirror of her thoughts , a person who gently pushes her to take right decision . A person who stands by her while she takes on Bhabo's matka challenge. A person who motivates her. He doesn't support her in any aangan drama. But becomes a person she can fall back after the aangan drama. That's what friends are for. To comfort you when the world is against you. His role as a friend continues till 2nd MP supporting and encouraging her covertly

Phase 3- From Second MP

For Sooraj Second MP changes the whole situation. Something breaks inside him when Sandhya gives that second matka to Bhabo. If we look during 1st MP Sooraj was not very

vociferous in supporting Sandhya , we can say he indirectly supported Chavi. I mean supported a family member instead of his wife. In second MP he knows in his heart of heart that Sandhya has done the same thing. She has shielded a family member and decided to sacrifice her dream. He changes. His covert support becomes overt. It is very clear when he shuts up each and every one including Meena when they taunt him for newspaper and magazine. He stands up to Bhabo's emotional blackmail and tells TV is needed. He reiterates again and again in Bhabo's aangan drama Sandhya will become IPS, the third matka wont break. He slowly but steadily starts speaking for the rights of his wife in the RP. He understands because he is shielding family members over her, she is doing the same. Unless he takes her side she will continue to do the same and he is proceeding towards taking her side and supporting her over his family.

I want to conclude this by saying in phase 1 Sooraj walked behind Sandhya as her lover, in phase 2 Sooraj walked beside Sandhya as her friend, in Phase 3 Sooraj will walk in front of Sandhya as her husband taking full control of their relationship with him.

Remember during wedding ceremony Ankita throws ladoos at Sooraj and he catches it and everyone tells the final decision in SURYA marriage will be Sooraj's. CVs are exactly going towards that. Final decision of Sandhya becoming IPS is taken by Sooraj and Sandhya will just adhere to it.

Excellent post.. whole Diya aur bathi in single post πŸ‘
Very nice post Shruthi.

You beautifully explained their relationship.πŸ‘πŸ‘
i have no words shruthiπŸ‘

I want to conclude this by saying in phase 1 Sooraj walked behind Sandhya as her lover, inphase 2 Sooraj walked beside Sandhya as her friend, in Phase 3 Sooraj will walk in front ofSandhya as her husband taking full control of their relationship with him.

this part was mindblwoing
Diya aur baati hum is a great show with a unique concept ..I remember seeing many love stories on tv mostly by Ekta Kapoor but after a year or so when the couple meets and gets united the charm is gone.  The idea of showing a supportive husband was new and infact how they are showing the journey of a made of each other couple is being portrayed amazingly and this is the reason I fell for the show. Im one of those girls who are not romantic and always like the guy to take initiatives and thats how Sandy is too .All the phases of their relationship were mind blowing but I loved that part where Suraj started feeling that Sandhya's dream is his dream , the way he motivated her was exceptional .Im sure the next phase where they take it to the next level would  be great too.

Great post ..loved the way u explained Surya's relationship..they r the true diya aur baati
Edited by Toxic11 - 10 years ago
shruthiravi, very nice post dear sooraj is the soul of dabh and this the the main story a husband's support to wife in achieving her dream this is called dabh 
Great post...loved reading it.
I have a request...write about sandhya's relationship with Suraj too...in phases...I would love reading that too.

Anyways, every word you wrote is true. Sandhya has always stood by and followed suraj's decisions.and she will,this time too :D
i agree with u guys sooraj is behind's sandy's success as her strength
excellent post shruthi...love it...very true what you've written here...

I'm so tired nowdays after cursing and scolding Emily and Bhabo continuously, in fact I have no more opinion to share about them anymore...πŸ˜†

It is so refreshing to read about Surya πŸ˜³ so thanks!

@Ramadi actually today morning I was simply thinking about DABH and this analysis came in my head. First I had no concrete idea, just a thought, but the moment that last para came into my head I decided I had to post it πŸ˜ƒ I mean CVs did show us that progress in a beautiful way.

@Ritu I will try to do an analysis of Sandhya too. But you know she is a complex case. Data points not sufficient to write about her at this point. She oscillates between girl, lover, friend, bahu etc...and have not yet reached the wife mode. Let her reach there. Let me see after SBC towards 2nd anniv of DABH if I get sufficient data points for my analysis I will put her analysis too. Sooraj tho vaise open book hai. πŸ˜ƒ. It is always easy to analyze him.

@niruba exactly your point. I am also fed up of writing about Bhabo, Emily and SBC. Forum is full of them so thought as usual why not write a positive post

All others thanks for liking my post