Chhan Chhan

Today's Take - Parallel Conversations (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Msfrootie

IF-Dazzler

Msfrootie

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Hey! Interesting take..
Wat i could not understand was why Chhanchhan was still advising Kaumudi to try to impress Mukut  with her cooking etc, if she does want to retain him, shouldnt she be trying to spend more time with him n try to understand  why he strayed.. Advising her to again make dhokla for him seemed absurd..
Manav did hear out the whole of Mukut's grievances, and the concert bit may be was justified in some way, but surely he cant blame her for taking care of the kids. Not only is he not bothering to spend time with kids but resents Kaumudi for doing that..
Tomorrow is going to be another dhamaka.. Poor CC is yet  to recover from CC-UB dhamaka n the next one is here already.. What's the hurry???

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpDeliciousASSiestavanitha3dshowviewerjaya100GuineashonasandyDiyaS

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Today's Take - Parallel Conversations (Page 2)" in Chhan Chhan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

golpokobita

Goldie

golpokobita

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

Good to see your post! 

You are right. The kind of problem is new to our society .. but its increasing rapidly. With the rise of individualism, women's participation in outside works and intrusion of western lifestyles.. these problems are increasing.. Joint families are breaking. Because, if you are in a joint family you just can't have a life of your own, in your own style.. Jobs are defined there and women in joint family are supposed to do household and take care of family.. and their jobs are for the whole family not for a particular unit (her own husband and children.).. Whether its good or bad is a different question altogether, but its an obvious and inevitable reality. 

Mukut is a part of a joint family and he has known and seen all his life how women acts in his family.. its not only his wife, every woman. So if he thinks he is not getting what he is entitled as a husband from his wife... he is the one who should have solved the problem.. he could have talked to his wife or device something which would help both of them to look into each other's needs. He is not the only sufferer, kaumadi, too is a sufferer. What has he done to know or ensure what his wife wants from him... let alone providing her with those things!

Then there is another point he makes, Mayuri is smart, well dressed, eloquent and an interesting company. No problem with that. But the question is, he knew it when he married kaumadi that she is not like that. She is a village girl who was not exposed to such things in life. What has he done to ensure kaumadi also gets the chances to change herself  from a village girl to a modern girl? Has he invested single amount of time or money or energy for kaumadi??? He said when he used to come back home, kaumadi would have remained busy with children. What has he done then?? Has he shared kaumadi's burden?? Spared some of his time for his own children?

So i think, all those arguments he was giving are lame and cowardice. He said he was not running away from his responsibilities.. Really??? Wasn't it his responsibility to remain loyal to his wife, to understand his wife's problems and to extend his hands to her?? For me, there was not a word which justifies his double -standard  personality and lowly  behaviors to his wife and children. 

Anyways, i think I should stop now... I am getting too emotional ..

Another thing I think CVs should take care of.. that is, things are moving too fast!  They should give each issue/track some time ..

Edited by golpokobita - 05 August 2013 at 2:17pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpDeliciousASSiestavanitha3dshowviewerjaya100GuineashonasandyDiyaS

jaya100

IF-Rockerz

jaya100

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Loved your take Dia and loved the episode too. Agree, firstly ChanMan need to learn from SanMan who close their bedroom door even to drink tea.Big smile The cv's did really well today...they are hurtling down the road with their tracks (I still wonder why especially if the March extension is true) but at the same time they didn't miss out on the depth needed for the important scenes. I love that because they don't waste time on useless camera panning scenes they can give us beautiful little scenes which tie the show together like the SanMan scene or the RanChanKaumudi scene and even the homework scene.
The parrallel scenes were fantastic and realistically done. It made sense that Manav would talk to Mukut and CC to Kaumudi. The CC-Kaumudi scene was beautiful. Kudos to the actress who plays Kaumudi, it would be so easy to overact in this scene but she gave it the right amount of emotion to show her devastation but stayed within the boundaries  of the character. Even in grief Kaumudi is thinking of others, in this case UB. I loved the way the modern CC was explaining the rights that the mangla sutra around Kaumudi's neck gave her...again this was part of the show's original concept that being contemporary doesn't mean that a girl does't value her traditions. I think the show got off on the wrong foot with the 'modern bahu' tag, it should always have been a girl of today as Sanaya described it. I really want to know which way the cv's are going with this and I hope they'll go about the track in a way in which they make Kaumudi self reliant and increase her self esteem (my heart bled when she said 'the fault must lie with me'...how many generations of women have passed on this self depreciating way of thinking down to the next generation of girls, why don't we make our daughters stronger mentally?). I want the cv's to make up for not making Purvi self sufficient by showing Kaumudi taking care of herself and her daughters and have Mukut work at winning her back rather than Kaumudi changing for Mukut. I've been wondering if the cv's will go the Biwi#1 route and have Mukut move in with Mayuri and CC will make Kaumudi send the girls there...that little one (Sakshi??) is so cute and I can just imagine her giving Mayuri a hard time.Smile
The Mukut scene was also one where it made you stop and listen to his viewpoint.I found myself again empathizing with Mukut even though I couldn't excuse the route he decided to take. He's become defensive and defiant on being discovered and is justifying his actions by saying that he is still taking care of his responsibilities although he seems to have forgotten about the duty he has towards his families emotional well being. Instead of blaming Kaumudi for not going to the concert he should have spoken to UB and insisted on taking her. Somehow, even though I don't like his actions I can't hate him either because he too is a victim of his upbringing. 
I actually don't even blame UB totally because by making her son marry a girl she chose she just did what generations before her did and in fact what she herself probably went through and like her elders she just expected KauMuk to get on with the business of being a married couple as generations before them had. I guess with the speed with which people are evolving because of all the outside influences it's hard for some people to understand and keep up with the changing times. 

Edited by jaya100 - 05 August 2013 at 5:46pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kprabhaDeliciousASvanitha3dddFan2012showviewerGuineashonasandyDiyaS

vanitha3d

IF-Dazzler

vanitha3d

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Great take Diya .As per the spoiler Kaumudi goes missing so i think CC and  Manav hides her may be in  Sarabai house so that  Mukut understand the value of Kaumudi and hope they wont close this  Kaumudi issue in one episode.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DeliciousASshonasandyjaya100DiyaS..Anita..

tvshowfan

IF-Sizzlerz

tvshowfan

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Showviewer congrats.
Diya  well said, i am enjoying the flow,
Will be interesting to see  how this new stuff affects the dynamics of chanman relation ship

Loving the way they r notmaking chanchan mahan in solving the issue ,
The way manav supportschancan yet has manly talk with mukut  where in at room its cc and kaumudi 
Cvs r doing good 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DeliciousASvanitha3dshowviewershonasandyjaya100DiyaS..Anita..

DeliciousAS

Coolbie

DeliciousAS

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Ooops diya interner was down..i was wondering what happ..u didnt make a post till now...

Good episode...Loved the way made Kaumathy realise regd Mukut..now tht kaumathy will go missing need to cif its a plan by chanman or she disappears on her own...

Nowdays people have an affiar after marriage has become a common thing and foe men..You dont have to telkll...thm...

The more u probe more they act smart..sure cc will make sure mukut learns a lessonn

Good post diya..

Edited by Meera.... - 05 August 2013 at 11:13pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanitha3djaya100

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Great take Diya! I was shocked to see Kaumudi learn the truth so fast but its better than seeing things drag at least now things are out in the open and things can be dealt with head on. Like you I do not want to see a rushed plot where things go the predictable route where Mukut ends things with the girlfriend and returns to Kaumudi. CC is safe and with this track the CVs have the perfect way to show the clash between nayi soch v/s traditional. I would love to see Manav and CC helping Kaumudi and Mukat through this

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vanitha3dshonasandyjaya100DiyaS..Anita..

ddFan2012

IF-Dazzler

ddFan2012

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
Awesome post Diya...

Copying comments on Guinea's thread.

Nice episode though a bit fast paced.

The first thing that crossed my mind was a famous saying "Ghar ki murgi daal barabar"

The Manav-Mukut convo was excellent.. Mukut's excuses for having an affair are not justified but differences between the couple do exist and should be addressed.

I am not condoning Mukut's actions, but in the process of keeping our family happy and pleasing everyone...we women do have a tendency to sideline our priorities as a wife or even forget our role as a woman. Mukut sought a MenkaTongue oops Mayuri in his wife.

LOL - The Manthan and Sanjana convo was funny. There is a whole lot of difference between sharing a cup of tea with a girlfriend and wife. Poor Sanjana.

CC's convo didn't sit well with me...maybe cause it was just to make her feel good. I was actually looking out for a fountain of tears to flow out of Kaumudi...but it wasnt there...(slack in direction and lukewarm acting) something like this should have shaken K up completely ...funny even the palla did not come off her head...

I hope the CVs dont mess this track...its such an important one...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vanitha3dGuineaDiyaS..Anita..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top