Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Today's Take - Parallel Conversations

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Sorry for the late post - internet was downOuch

A very interesting episode tackling a problem that is increasingly prevalent in our society today, a problem peculiar to the Indian way of thinking, where for a girl, after marriage responsibilities to the family are sometimes more important than towards her husband.  And how changing times means that expectations are changing, and troubles arise when one partner has not kept pace.

The episode - Manav and Chhanchhan discuss how good Kaumudi bhabhi is ... Kaumudi didn't hear anything ... this time.

Manthan and Sanjana ... Manthan isn't too happy in his marriage either ... and Sanjana is clueless. Tongue Kaumudi gets worried when Mukut doesn't pick up the phone and goes to ask Manthan if he can help. Manthan sends her to Manav.

And this time Kaumudi hears the damaging stuff ... as Manav Chhanchhan discuss Mukut bhai's girlfriend and how it will affect Kaumudi. And Chhanchhan makes a remark as to how she can understand Kaumudi's fears because she also has faced the fear of losing the person she loves, and wonders how Kaumudi will react when she learns the truth about Mukut bhai's girlfriend.

Guys, keep your door SHUT when you discuss such confidential stuff ... is that so hard to remember?! Angry

Kaumudi flees to her room, a worried Chhanchhan runs after her, and after a small altercation with Ranjana, Kaumudi finally opens the door to Chhanchhan ... loved the way Kaumudi kept her dignity intact in front of Ranjana, and only broke down once she and Chhanchhan were alone inside her room ... with the door shut this time, thankfully! Tongue

Two parallel conversations ... Manav-Mukut and Chhanchhan-Kaumudi ... on one hand Kaumudi dreads the very thought of Mukut walking out on her and their kids, while Chhanchhan reassures Kaumudi about the sanctity of the marital bond and the strength of family ties, and tries to give her the courage to fight for her marriage. And tells her that whatever Mukut is doing is wrong, he can't walk out on a marriage and kids just like that.

And on the other hand, Mukut lists out to a shocked Manav, all the reasons he is friendly with Mayuri at Kaumudi's expense. And he did make sense, which was why Manav actually listened quietly ... it wasn't just an affair, it was the feeling of neglect by his wife at the expense of her domestic chores and duties to the children, and a sharing of common interests with Mayuri. He has no intention of walking out on his responsibilities, but he has equally no intention of giving up a friendship which gives him the companionship he lacks in his marriage.

Hmm ... tough one here ... wonder what Manav will tell Chhanchhan about this, as he did seem to understand Mukut's pov, shocked though he was.

A very interesting juxtaposition of views ... Chhanchhan, the girl with the so-called 'modern' upbringing, believes completely in the sanctity of marriage and the marital bond, and advises Kaumudi that she must fight for her marriage. While Mukut, from the so-called 'traditional' upbringing, stuffed to the gills with 'sanskaar' from childhood, is scathing about the bond and unapologetic about his relationship outside it. Not only that, he is fully prepared to continue it while remaining married, and doesn't see anything wrong in what he is doing, he has fully justified it to himself.

Wonder what he would feel if Kaumudi felt the same and indulged in a fling of her own on the same grounds. Confused Would that be equally justified in his eyes? 

Chhanchhan promises Kaumudi that they will try to sort the problem out, without the family's knowledge, as Kaumudi dreads the thought of Baa coming to know anything.

In the meantime, Manthan is hauled up by furious Babuji about missing Rs 10 lakhs, and he promptly traces it to Mukut bhai's personal account. Umaben tries to shield the missing Mukut while Manek returns with Manav's tiffin ... apparently Manav has spent the whole day chasing Mukut.

Umaben shelters Mukut again from Babuji's wrath and sends him to change, and warns him they have something important to discuss with him.

Mukut asks Kaumudi what his parents want to talk about, and tries to evade Mayuri's phone call. Kaumudi tells him she knows everything about Mayuri and he needn't lie to her.

Precap ... Babuji and Umaben want to talk presumably about the missing money, Mukut lets out the news about his girlfriend. And the issue is set to explode.

Edited by DiyaS - 05 August 2013 at 12:38pm

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

webkaprth81neethureddykprabhamansajGagganHafsa94arhifan_loverdynamossjnpSahana2fanipkknd0spring22Blondiexzysushk123Krishna_12sslmay11SiestaDEE2803vanitha3dddsoapsshruathiNNN-08-samiraoshowviewerMsfrootieSanayaIsBestjaya100.Mandy...Anita..tvshowfanGuineashonasandyNewbiesoapfankbtrGodhuliLogonMesmerizingSanzCrazyAmiePhoenixRisingSanzPaRudholic

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Hello Diya...awesome take as usual...copying my from response here from Guinea's thread and added a bit more after that.

Another fast paced one and like you said was focusing on Mukut and Kaumudi. Mukut spelling out his disenchantment and Kaumudi her fears. ChanMan try to talk to each.
After seeing the precap it's evident that before ChanMan can plan anything, the secret is out in front of the whole family...have to see where the creatives go from here.
Not sure if makers will go for helping Kaumudi improve herself track...after seeing the Kaumudi-Chhanchhan conversation it seems more like making Mukut understand the value of Kaumudi the way she is...it will be interesting if creatives can do both and show the couple find a middle ground.

Meanwhile, are the creatives laying ground for Manthan track next?

Mayuri remains a question mark...she knows of Manthan's marriage and kids and seems OK with this open arrangement relationship. Are we heading for Chhanchhan giving Mayuri a lecture on importance of marriage and it vows...seemed like that after Chhanchhan's talk with Kaumudi.

Tomorrow should be interesting...how will the family especially, UB react to this news?

Wanted to add that I would like to see creatives showing both Mukut and Kaumudi taking steps to come close rather than Chhanchhan and Manav making Mayuri and Mukut realise their folly and raise Kaumudi to an "adarsh bharathiya nari". There are many interesting issues in this track which if handled maturely can actually bring out the theme of changing with times very well, including UB slowly understanding the consequences of her high handedness.
Chhanchhan's dialogues again were a bit dissapointing, but I will wait to see what the makers have in mind...hope after the reassurance today, Chhanchhan also talks of balancing being a wife, mother and bahu.
The highlight today for me was the Mukut-Manav conversation...the actor who plays Mukut was very good in that scene.
Another thing some of us felt was that the pace is still fast and maybe they should have dwelled a little bit more on Kaumudi's pain, shock, fear and sorrow.

Edited by showviewer - 05 August 2013 at 1:21pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

rth81sarawakkprabhasjnpSIFAN87Siestaddsoapsvanitha3djaya100GuineaDiyaS..Anita..

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Showviewer, congrats on changing color Party

Yes, I agree completely ... I will be very disappointed if this goes the usual way of Mukut bhai realising his 'mistakes' and crawling back to his perfect adarsh Bhartiya nari wife. He has genuine grievances and he expressed them well ... his dialogues in the Mukut-Manav scene were very good. Now that the show is safe for some time, the cv's should deal with this in a truly modern way, and not the usual hackneyed stereotyped saas bahu stuff ... I want to see both of them realising their faults and CC-Manav helping them to understand how to meet each other halfway ... for example, Manav goes down to the kitchen to help CC when he finds her overloaded with work - has Mukut ever done that? Manav takes CC out when he wants to ... I don't think he ever bothers to ask his mom for permission ...

And Kaumudi has already seen the way CC cajoled Manav out of his anger over the honeymoon, CC needs to remind Kamudi that she has to be a wife as well as a mother. Both Kaumudi and Mukut have already seen the difference in the Manav-CC marriage and their own ... now Manav and CC have to explain to them the art of communication!

Agree that Kaumudi's reactions were rushed ... while I liked the way she kept her dignity in front of Ranjana, she could have been more broken in front of CC alone ... the cv's need to spend some more time on showing the emotions, and give them more depth.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sslmay11Siestajaya100showviewer.Mandy...Anita..Guineashonasandy

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Thank you Diya Smile  I would not have realised if Guinea did not point out .

Edited by showviewer - 05 August 2013 at 1:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GuineaDiyaS

kprabha Newbie
kprabha
kprabha

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

A very interesting episode tackling a problem that is increasingly prevalent in our society today, a problem peculiar to the Indian way of thinking, where for a girl, after marriage responsibilities to the family are sometimes more important than towards her husband.  And how changing times means that expectations are changing, and troubles arise when one partner has not kept pace.

<SNIP>

Lovely take as usual Diya! I liked the pace of the epi. Like someone else mentioned, was a bit let down with CC-Kaumudi dialogues. Liked the Mukut-Manav conversation and the way Mukut spelled out what he wanted from the relationship and where things went wrong. I will not dwell on the right/wrong part but I could see where he was coming from. My biggest question with Kaumudi's reaction is "Where is the anger??" Here you find out your husband of many years with whom you fathered 2 children is engaging in an affair. I understand the hurt, the sorrow and the fears but I felt anger conspicuously missing in her conversation with CC. I hope they show what Mayuri's POV too. Am mildly curious about that.

I hope they show Mukut-kaumudi walk half way to each other rather than one person going the whole distance. I also felt the CVs are laying the ground for the Manthan-Sanjana track next. 

Loving how this is all shaping up and fingers crossed that they show ChanMan handle this with tact rather than resorting to sermonizing. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpSiestajaya100showviewerDiyaSGuineashonasandy

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kprabha

Originally posted by DiyaS

<SNIP>

Lovely take as usual Diya! I liked the pace of the epi. Like someone else mentioned, was a bit let down with CC-Kaumudi dialogues. Liked the Mukut-Manav conversation and the way Mukut spelled out what he wanted from the relationship and where things went wrong. I will not dwell on the right/wrong part but I could see where he was coming from. My biggest question with Kaumudi's reaction is "Where is the anger??" Here you find out your husband of many years with whom you fathered 2 children is engaging in an affair. I understand the hurt, the sorrow and the fears but I felt anger conspicuously missing in her conversation with CC. I hope they show what Mayuri's POV too. Am mildly curious about that.

I hope they show Mukut-kaumudi walk half way to each other rather than one person going the whole distance. I also felt the CVs are laying the ground for the Manthan-Sanjana track next. 

Loving how this is all shaping up and fingers crossed that they show ChanMan handle this with tact rather than resorting to sermonizing. 

Exactly ... I liked the Mukut-Manav conversation too ... Mukut was very convincing in his justification of his affair ... is that the same justification he has given himself as well as Mayuri? He sounded completely convincing ... and I could see where he was coming from too.

Kaumudi on the other hand is a traditional village girl, who has been brought up to respect her in-laws family as her own, is probably steeped in the 'betis are paraya dhan' and a girl gets married for life, only her arthi leaves her in-laws house type of tradition ... for her, a woman has to tolerate all the husband's shortcomings, her only fear is - what if he walks out on her. She doesn't seem to see the problems in her marriage, or if she does, she doesn't resent the lack of respect and understanding from her husband ... seems that is what she is used to. Maybe that is the reason for the lack of anger - she already has very low self-esteem because she's used to the lack of respect in the relationship.

The cv's have spent time and effort on Mukut's side of the picture ... I really hope this does not go the way of preaching by Manav and Chhanchhan on the sanctity of marriage vows etc ... both Mukut and Kaumudi pointed out the communication and compatibility of thinking between Manav-CC and the lack of it in their marriage ... so the cv's should definitely go down that path.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

kprabhasjnpSiestaddsoapsshowviewerjaya100Guinea..Anita..shonasandy

Siesta Goldie
Siesta
Siesta

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Great take Diya !

Copying what i wrote in Guinea's thread:

I didn't like some of CC's dialogues in her conversation with Kaumudi . I thought CC would try to explain to Kaumudi how she needs to understand that she is a wife too..not just a bahu and mother. Maybe it was too early and will come later...hoping for that.

On the other hand, i liked how Mukut's POV was presented. And some really good acting by the actor. Manav could understand where he was coming from. Of course nothing justifies an EMA, but the incompatibility is definitely there.

Also did anyone else feel Kaumudi's reaction was quite mild..not the actress...just that they moved over to the next scenes very fast.

Express speed if you ask me...any other show they would have spent 5 mins in showing Kaumudi's reaction and breakdown. They just moved on to the next scene as if hearing of her husband's EMA is no big deal for a woman.
If news of extension till March is true then why Confused

Honestly, if they are just planning to go the cliched daily soap route of the husband accepting his wife because of mangalsutra, marriage vows, kids and are going to skim over all the issues involved here, then this track has no purpose.

The PH has to decide where they are going with this show. The TRPs are at their lowest and they are clearly not following the melodramatic way of story telling so might as well show something different.

There are so many things here..UB's manner of ruling the family and forcing her sons, Kaumudi's low self esteem, Incompatibility between Mukut- Kaumudi, a woman like Mayuri falling for a married man...so much potential to show the complexity of relationships.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpvanitha3dddsoapsshowviewerjaya100GuineashonasandyDiyaS..Anita..

samirao IF-Dazzler
samirao
samirao

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Tfs

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

Go to top