Hansa-Tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
As the end of NBT ssn2 draws near, I find myself  walking down the streets of Juna Mohalla, with Mohan's nazm, yaadon mein kitni dafa, echoing in my ears.

Looking back, I think the episode which hooked me to the show permanently was the one in which Nanhi goes to Prabhat Laher office to place the 'infamous' ad. And my favourite part of that episode was when she extends her hand towards Mohan and he jumps back as though she's pointing a gun at him, followed by the hesitant handshake. Dunno why I like that scene so much. Perhaps it was because it was the first time Spiderman met his Chawanni. Or perhaps because it was so symbolic. Or because it was the start of a beautiful relationship πŸ˜³

My favourite Meghan moment? Without a doubt the scene where Mohan is leaving Juna Mohalla and Megha stops him in her trademark Titanic style.

Aaah! The way he takes a step towards her, and another, closing the gap between them; thrusts his face forward and asks, "kis haq se rokh rahi ho mujhe?" That was the hook, line and sinker moment for me. After that I could not lie to myself. I was well and truly smitten 

Btw, have you guys noticed - in most of the dhak-dhak scenes of our dear Meghan, Mohan's worn a red check shirt. Yaad karo - the farmhouse scenes, the almost kiss in the corridors of Prabhat Laher, Mohan holding the blue-white umbrella for Megha in the rain, the first hug... πŸ˜³

Mohan ki red shirt da mai ta button soniye... πŸ˜‰

And then just when everything was going so right, someone somewhere lost the plot completely. Ridzy baby was introduced - a track so ridiculous that it made a mockery of the underlying theme of the show 

But did Mohan shrug? No, he didn't and carried on regardless.

And then someone had a brilliant idea. Let's see how we can turn an extraordinary show into less than ordinary. Paralysis. A theme beaten to death by Bollywood. Why not bring it back to life in NBT? πŸ˜•

But did Atlas... err... Mohan shrug? Nope. Our Mohan never loses hope or gives up.

Then the show got even better. A leap. In 3 months our dear Mohan aged by 12 years. Not only that, in one single month I got to hear the word sautela more times than I'm hearing the name of Allah in this holy month of Ramzan. AND... with that, the burden on Mohan, our dear Atlas, kept increasing day by day πŸ˜­

But did Mohan shrug? You should know the answer by now πŸ˜‰

It was not all bad. We got some wonderful scenes with Jijibua, Renu, Tanu, Arti, Beera, Nanhi and even Addu and umpteen heart-warming scenes between our Spiderman and Chawanni. For instance, the scene on the terrace when Spiderman comes to ask Nanhi for her forgiveness, the historic hug on holi, the adorable scene on the terrace when Spiderman is jealous because there is another man in his little girl's life, and loads of cute emotional scenes during the wedding celebrations.

And of course plenty of Meghan scenes as well - my favourite being the entire week of episodes in the Bhatnagar mansion when RJ is ill. I remember saying - kaash iss raat ki kabhi subah na ho πŸ˜³

Then when Addu was found - we all gave a little whoopee - Aal izz is finally going to be well. We started dreaming of Bhatnagars living together happily ever after.

Haa! The CVs rubbed their hands in glee and chuckled - wishful thinking folks. For it all started going horribly wrong again, culminating in the death of Mohan.

But even in his death, Mohan Bhatnagar did not shrug.

However, it will soon be time for KUNAL to shrug, to shake off the burden of Mohan/ Vasu. After all, if with each increased effort that ATLAS made, the world bore down heavier on his shoulders, wouldn't he have shrugged as well? And Kunal is a mere mortal. But that doesn't mean that my hero, my heart of gold, My Mohan Bhatnagar, will fade away.

Characters like Mohan Bhatnagar come once in a lifetime and continue to live  in our memories forever.

So here's a salute to KUNAL, the actor who made Mohan Bhatnagar immortal. RESPECT. LOVE. BLESSINGS. Dil se β€οΈ

Edited by HansaTapori - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajbijz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Finally unreserving it - I was so happy I was the 1st one  πŸ˜ƒ

66 likes & going strong. Way to go Hansa πŸ‘ This shld tell u ke yeh last post nahin hona chahiye, nahin hona chahiye, nahin hona chahiye πŸ˜›.

I super duper love ur post & went down the long memory lane which are only memories now . U made me relive every lovely moment of SS1. u r a ⭐️ Hansa, pls really take a bow & a big big hug to u.

Kya bataoon meri journey. promos were too good with clumsy Mohan & widowed Megha with 2 kids. But I was reluctant to see the show cause i was afraid to start something & then after sometime the show would have the same trappings of other shows. Alas it did happen but not before giving me the best moments of Indian TV after the late 80's. Dilchasp kahani chali hi gayi - but no regrets cause I became a life long fan of Kunal & Mohan ( a guy whom every girl wld want to bring home to show him to her parents. An ideal man without being always right but who has a heart of gold & truly a family man and who only has love and respect to give and who is a child at heart 😳)

I saw the episode ver PL main Nanhi & Mohan met each other. For me what was hilarious was this adult eating a kid's lunch box & then again trying to help her but 1st taking a lunch box to continue eating & then licking his fingers. it was so adorable. Then I dont think I saw any other episodes.

Then the day i saw the episode ver Nanhi after being lost in the park & Mohan coming out of the darkness carrying her & her saying Spiderman - SOLD ME. I caught up with the previous episodes online & never looked back.

All the scenes u mentioned & so many more are epic of a zillion proportions which can never be replicated I feel. Its etched in our memories & I hope more of such unique stories can be told on Indian TV without the TRP trappings & channel interferences.

Meghan moments - the one ver Megha is stopping Mohan & Mohan retaliates - ooh lala,  the Rashmi track,
the one ver Megha dreams of Mohan carrying the umbrella for her ( that was her 1st dream), the Mohan & Megha confession scenes,oh simply endless.

Oh i didnt notice in the crucial dhak dhak scenes Mohan wears red.

Venever Mohan cried, I cried - The realization that he was wrong regarding Amar, the holi scene with Megha & Nanhi, his frustration & his drunk stupor telling his mom that he loves megha, his confession in Vyas house, this man made me cry & feel for him , the way I never felt for any character.

This Man increased our love for him, daily, every moment & I am sure he was burdened by our love and expectations but never once did he fail us. πŸ‘ HE STILL KEPT US SURPRISING EVERY DAY & he still does. Many are just watching for KKK ya for glimpses of their Mohan Bhatnagar

I wish things just had panned differently in SS2 & now the mini SS3 which is going on . What a disaster of epic proportions for many of us & probably the cast & crew too.πŸ˜”

& AS U SAID, Characters like Mohan Bhatnagar come once in a lifetime and continue to live  in our memories forever. Yes i absolutely agree vit u & truly love him , respect him, bless him & I am blessed to be his fan, for being an inspiration and much more for me.

Just hope these expectations dont way him down & he doesn't shrug & that he is more of MAN OF STEEL, SUPERMAN RATHER THAN SPIDERMAN. Only time will tell.

Edited by rajbijz - 10 years ago
champ07 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow wow wow..!
Bful post..!
It was like travelling through *NBT* all over again..!
All the scenes described were flooding my mind while reading this amazing amazing post..!
Beauty of words toppled with the essence of this *once* magnificent show..!
Loved it..!
And as u said, characters like *Mohan Bhatnagar* are very rare.. Once in a blue moon, perhaps..!
He will remain in our lives forever..!
Hats off to Kunal for living this wonderful character so amazingly..! *respect*

The entire post was brilliant but the last line..!
Plz this cannot be your last post..!!
*requesting with a puppy face*
Krithzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
πŸ‘πŸ‘beautifully written ...thank u so muchπŸ‘πŸ‘

Mohan Bhatnagar one of the best character in history of tellyπŸ‘v can nvr evr forget him 
 vl miss him😭

KKK the best ACTOR  evr in telly...hats off to KKK for gvng soul to Mohan's character
Edited by raokrithika - 10 years ago
filtered_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
aww...!!!
im actually crying right now...
how much i miss mohan bhatnagar...:-(:-(:-(
i really dont think ppl like him ever exist in real life...he was just only one unique...
although just a fictional character...u could relate to him so so well...
cant help but feel for him everytime...whether it was his sadness or happiness...he had become an integral part of every nbtians' life...
not one day passes wen we just dont think about him...such was n is his charisma...
i really dont want to write anymore...i'll start crying like hell...plzz bring my monu back...
at least just one week before ending dis ssn...i req d cvs to show only n only mohan...dat will be actually d best farewell for nbt...coz NBT=MOHAN BHATNAGAR
he is d soul d heart of nbt...nbt now is nothing widout him...
n i really really want to thank kunal for dis...for making mohan so so realistic n lovable n adorable...
we all know...he's so much like mohan himself in real life too...
n dats d reason why mohan's character is seems so realistic...like any random boy next door...his behaviour mannerism everything...
now i dont want to say anymore coz i wont be able to control myself...
thnk u so much for making dis post...
it really made me nostalgic n emotional...i actually remembered d time wen last year i used to be so so obsessed wid d show dat i literally used to fight wid my dad over it wen he used to snatch d remote frm my hands while watching nbt...n now...im least bothered...
im really really proud to be a nbt fan (till 100 epi of course...n some more after dat n ssn 2 few episodes)Edited by -...mohini...- - 10 years ago
Krithzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -...mohini...-

aww...!!!
im actually crying right now...
how much i miss mohan bhatnagar...:-(:-(:-(
i really dont think ppl like him ever exist in real life...he was just only one unique...
although just a fictional character...u could relate to him so so well...
cant help but feel for him everytime...whether it was his sadness or happiness...he had become an integral part of every nbtians' life...
not one day passes wen we just dont think about him...such was n is his charisma...
i really dont want to write anymore...i'll start crying like hell...plzz bring my monu back...
at least just one week before ending dis ssn...i req d cvs to show only n only mohan...dat will be actually d best farewell for nbt...coz NBT=MOHAN BHATNAGAR
he is d soul d heart of nbt...nbt now is nothing widout him...

yes yes plz..get Monu back at least a week before end of NBT...plz...miss Mohan so so much..😭😭
n i really really want to thank kunal for dis...for making mohan so so realistic n lovable n adorable...
we all know...he's so much like mohan himself in real life too...
n dats d reason why mohan's character is seems so realistic...like any random boy next door...his behaviour mannerism everything...
now i dont want to say anymore coz i wont be able to control myself...
thnk u so much for making dis post...
it really made me nostalgic n emotional...i actually remembered d time wen last year i used to be so so obsessed wid d show dat i literally used to fight wid my dad over it wen he used to snatch d remote frm my hands while watching nbt...n now...im least bothered...
im really really proud to be a nbt fan (till 100 epi of course...n some more after dat n ssn 2 few episodes)

1973anu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Superb post. Mohan toh bhai Mohan hai (in Rashmi style)...  True Mohan Bhatnagar is one of his kind and comes only once in a lifetime... 

Hope to see more of the combination (Kunal+Ashnoor+Sonal and Akanksha)
sonn_da thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
it was exactly the same scene for me also that hooked me to nbt.
and now i guess we are so much hooked to kunal ,it seems like an  addiction.it will be so boring and lonely wn the show will be over.
Hansa-Tapori thumbnail

Res = panch varsiya yojna πŸ˜›
Hansa-Tapori thumbnail

Originally posted by: champ07

Wow wow wow..!
Bful post..!
It was like travelling through *NBT* all over again..!
All the scenes described were flooding my mind while reading this amazing amazing post..!
Beauty of words toppled with the essence of this *once* magnificent show..!
Loved it..!
And as u said, characters like *Mohan Bhatnagar* are very rare.. Once in a blue moon, perhaps..!
He will remain in our lives forever..!
Hats off to Kunal for living this wonderful character so amazingly..! *respect*

The entire post was brilliant but the last line..!
Plz this cannot be your last post..!!
*requesting with a puppy face*

Awww, thanks dear. Glad you liked the post. And am touched that you don't want me to stop posting. Let's see - if time permits... πŸ˜³