Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Blast from the Past Thread #15 Extn ~ The Practice - Page 4

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

DEAR BLASTERS GOOD TO SEE THIS PRACTICE THREAD WITH THE LOVELY EPISODES OF SANGEET TERI MERI AND TEN THE PUCHUK KISS THIS WAS A LOVELY PHASE OF IPK OF ARNAV KHUSHI AND FANTASTIC ACTING OF BARUN SANAYA WHICH I WATCH AGAIN AND AGAIN

Edited by chalhov - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
epi 166 by Indi 52

of course, i was wrong. it is her. i am so grateful to the writers for inserting this little wink wink into the dialogue. between that dance uo there and the one we saw in 166, it was like a tribute to her extraordinary career and talent. more than 40 years she's been around, i was surprised to see her as nani ji, i had no idea she could act so well. in hindi films she mainly did itemish numbers i think, there may have been a few exceptions... she was achhi nahi bahu in one.  perhaps marathi film gave her the opportunity to explore her talents as an actor.

and there she was.

sweet, strong, capable, and bichhu yeh bichhu dancing nani ji. got to say, this nani really was like none other as khushi said during holi (was it?), aap toh naachti hai.

i also had no idea how articulate this woman usually in skimpy clothes and strange make up was. saw a wonderful hour long interview with her once, will post if i can find it. jayshree t really astounds me... who would have thought...

whew. as you can see, nani ji got me this episode.

[/QUOTE]

Wow... Indi ... What an awesome find... I knew who Jayasree T was ... But those lines to introduce Nani...a nod to her career, I would've never gotten without you!  It's a shame that we never knew what a great actress she is.. Till IPK happened!  And the writers of IPK.. . kudos.. There must be more "lines" like that scattered throughout IPK that I didn't get... You need an Institutional Memory like Indi's to decipher them... πŸ‘   Hope you will point out more as we go along... Puhleeze...

This reminds me of the new Star Trek movie ( the rebooted version of 2008) ... You know I'm a Sci-fi junkie ( yes IPK has all kinds of fans πŸ˜† ) and I thoroughly enjoyed all the references from 1966 ( Star Trek TV series) that the writers cleverly inserted in the 2008 movie...  ( Kirk : "set our phaser to stun!" Bones : "I'm a physician, not a bricklayer"   and of course "beam me up Scottie" ) . Half the audience were laughing at the references and the other half didnt get it at all πŸ˜•  (that included my Hubwa πŸ˜ƒ ) . It was super annoying to try to explain to him why it was funny...  Now I am in his shoes... I would love it if you could explain more of these nuggets... I loved the Chakki Pissey reference ... I was proudly showing off ( after reading you guys ) Khushi's version of it to Hubwa  and he was surprised that I didnt know all Sholey references. 

Anywho... I loved your analysis of 166. .. .. I'm glad that episode was more about Nani... Cause Sobti looked ill (swollen tired eyes. But an extremely handsome , under the weather kind of look throughout the episode ) Or maybe it was just me... Reading too much into him leaving IPK for health reasons. 

Time to disappear now... 

[/QUOTE]

thank you, sab.

institutional memory? nahiiin. just the oddbits that leap out of childhood and yell see me see me.

hope you saw the cabaret... i was glued to the shimmies, and the awkward stripping was priceless.

you are right to think the dear writers have spiced up the show with plenty reference to thsi and that. most i can't catch, but if i do, boy everyone's had it. πŸ˜†

you are a trekkie (or the more serious sounding trekker)? thanks so much for "set your phasers to stun," and "i'm a doctor..." googled them instantly.

used to love watching star trek as a kid... '73 to '75, summer holidays. william shatner, leonard nemoy (my fave pointy eared one... also i have a feeling i am part vulcan or something, seriously), captain kirk, spock, doc (??? right) and of course, "beam me up, scottie," i used to freak out on those disintegrate/integrate beam shots... some day maybe?

have you seen the frasier where he reads out a bar mitzvah blessing for his son thinking it's in hebrew when it is in fact in klingon? or so they say. πŸ˜ƒ

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9xWYApbd6Y[/YOUTUBE]
credit:uploader

fell in love with these men and women and their search, not to mention their weird clothes and those strange creatures they encountered... mami ji could take on a few. mr pointy ears got special attention always... have you noticed bs's pinna? slightly pointy them too πŸ˜†, and as a friend says, translucent. ufff.

took my daughter to see the 2008/9 film, have forgotten almost everything except the goosebumps when leonard nemoy appeared as the original spock, alongside the younger one. and him saying "fascinating." funny thrill when my daughter, then 7, came out of the hall and practiced saying "fascinating" endlessly. not a trekkie or trekker me, but part of formative years and meaningful memories, this sci fi. and if you can have old ladies as fans here, why not sci fi types.😳

yes, barun was looking a bit under the weather, even i thought so.
maybe that's why i was vampired, hyuk.
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
 πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ€—    HAPPY  FRIENDSHIP  DAY  TO  ALL  OF  YOU
 MY FRIENDS! πŸ€—  πŸ˜ƒ 

LET US ENJOY THE BREATHER !

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g7a29H8sR28[/YOUTUBE]

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome posts Blasters! Feel so proud of all of you!

This song is for you on my favourite singer Kishore Kumar's birthday! 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=clkTG0TFfEo[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
soni19sweet thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: indi52

listen to me. i won't. you can't help it, whether you want to or not, you can always hear me. why? why should it be so... aisa kyun hota hai? because when you're near me, i can't help it too, i have to listen, just listen to you, all that you say without saying a thing. sometimes i say the opposite of what i mean. i know.

was it just a dance we saw or a million dialogues between lovers everywhere. or maybe it was a night of long, incandescent lovemaking. or a confession of love that is born to never be extinguished. there was a flame in it. a beauty that lights up and lingers. that returns each time you watch. was this just a film song and a dance choreographed by no one famous for a couple of television actors who were always somehow lesser stars than those that shine in movies? teri meri meri teri, a man looks at a woman and in the silence between their gazes sits eternity. then begins its dance.

But before that, a little practice. here's
a week's break to concentrate on that, thread #15 extension ~ the practice. let's one two cha cha cha, ek do teen char, taa thai thai tat, jhanak jhanak payal baaje... next episode will be posted after one week on monday, 12 august, 8pm. we hope you enjoy this break a leg time.

Welcome to the second breather
While we wait for all to gather
To witness an enchanting spectacle
Here're some dance moves for us to tackle
                                                                  by DurgaS

di this something eyes raising a big appauld to you 
for your 15 thread journey
congrats o becoming
proud and succesful captain of 
15 yrs old ship 
soni19sweet thumbnail

INDEX

All the promos are posted and discussed in the above thread.

Episodes 1 - 9 are posted in the above thread.

Blast from the Past #2

Episodes 10 - 31 are posted in the above thread.

Blast from the Past #3

Episodes 32 - 51 are posted in the above thread.

Blast from the Past #4

Episodes 52 - 62 with promos, Valentines thoughts and more.

Blast from the Past #5

Episodes 63 - 70 with promos and more.

Blast from the Past #6

Episodes 71 - 78 with promos and holi vm's/celebrations.

Blast from the Past #7

Episodes 79 - 87 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

Blast from the Past #8

Episodes 88 - 98 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

Blast from the Past #9

Episodes 99 - 108 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

Blast One Hundred Thread

Blast from the Past #10

Episodes 109 - 118 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

Blast from the Past #11

Episodes 119 - 132 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

The Second Anniversary Thread

Blast from the Past #12

Episodes 133 - 139 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

Blast from the Past #13

Episodes 140 - 149 with promos, sbs segments and more.

Blast from the Past #14

Episodes 150 - 159 with promos, sbs segments and dilli ki auto rikshaw.

Blast from the Past #15

Episodes 160 - 169 with promos, sbs segments and nagin dance.

by ArshiHamesha

~~~~~~~~~

ok, what's the bet?

here's a sexy collage by arshihamesha, but the question is are we reaching teri meri this thread or not? please place your views and bets here on the thread. winner takes all. yaani, sab kuch.
and the winners are all those who said nahiiin and fell on the charpai in full drama mode... not on this thread it won't happen. and so it didn't. teri meri twirls off to thread #16. winners, congratulations, the three edits on the first post are dedicated to you, hope you like.

~~~~~~~~~

Arnav Khuch Bhi Theek Nahin Karta...

[Arnav can't do anything correct!]

By: ArshiHamesha

Arnav naam keh loag khuch bhi theek  nahin kar sakte'...[ People with name of  Arnav can't do anything right] Khushi claims her Laad Governor can't do anything right'...let's explore her claim'...

First meeting he saved her from falling yet scared her by locking her up, questioning her, and at the top breaking her dori'... dori of her trust'... yet didn't forget lightening fire in her to get even with him'... which she did try in Dargha but he broke her hope by flashing her trust as a joke over media yet didn't forget giving her the key of his life. Third meeting in Delhi, during accident she tried to reason with him and he called her gold digger hiding his happiness behind his surprise seeing her there yet did lose her brain over her thoughts. Fourth meeting in the office his astonishment seeing her in his den was overwhelming and her accusations made him lose the balance of his brain. He didn't hesitate making her fall from his office yet didn't forget making sure she must land safely. Since then he tried making her life miserable and all but each time indulged in her magical pull by pulling strings of hate yet didn't forget her safety and keeping her around.

Red beauty tamed her beast at the cost of his ferociousness over her. She became a victim of his severe acrimony ending up in collapsing building which resulted in building stronger ties in between two hearts yet he didn't forget giving and taking marks as a symbol of Union. In return she showed him his avatar in her by resigning him yet he didn't forget to break her fast as written divinely through his hand during Teej. She slammed his awakening feelings, his mehsoos over her presence by leaving him for Hamesha...'yet he didn't forget a single moment of her presence around him. 

She popped up in his closet  to give him life this time learning to forget his surroundings around her presence. He showed her joy by giving her aukat [status] speech yet didn't forget picking up her payal as her presence to touch. He barged in her house by insulting and degrading her throwing money at her yet didn't forget relieving her and her family pains as a Horus, an Ultimate protector.

Their proximity became inseparable magnetized pull each moment till she collapsed in her arms. He tried to ignore her presence around her by flipping his thoughts with his girlfriend yet couldn't resist the divine beauty to touch with his lips. The fear of losing his control over a girl made him ruthless by shoving her aside and breaking her heart yet ended up shattering himself in pieces.

He dragged her around with his demeaning looks and gestures while throwing insulting daggers of insults over time yet his heart and mind didn't forget to bind her with him for forever divinely. His furious actions in his rage brought red beauty  at shattered state by breaking her and his own dreams. Her distress made him restless and antsy but he showed her unrelenting side of him yet didn't forget to awake her feelings and apologize to her. He declared to ignore her when she proved his Gold digger theory wrong yet couldn't resist to share his innermost secretive feelings with her. Her engagement awoke a jealous and covetous side of him  showing her his ferocious and inexorable side of him yet ended up apologizing and giving up his fierce grim for her.

They both joined hands for their siblings and her innocent reliance on him moved him internally and he ended up breaking his bond with his girlfriend. The breaking news of her broken engagement brought smile of hope yet he ended up having a new rival NK in his den.

Both hearts were ready to mingle and started to beat at a same note yet circumstances raised a raged and as an obdurate layered with complexity in him  yet he tied the knot with her for not allowing himself let go of her while protecting her form a sinister .

The love continued  blossoming in the soil of hate and rage yet his heart and mind got surrendered under her innocence and love and he declared their heartbeats as one

Evil tried seeping in, to intrude, to mingle with the essence of this blossom flower of divine love yet two hearts found each other's proximity with unbreakable TRUST and he ended up declaring his LOVE for her. Both crossed the limits of mortality and their heartbeats found each other through miles to convey their messages. They both ended up in each other's arms to solemnize their souls yet fate brought another distance in between them to reveal the Evil but he ended up shaking her trust again.

He vowed her by hook and rook by declaring her rights over him and his rights on her  by mingling their souls yet Krishna played another game with them. During this game he announced her rights on him in front of the world by showering his on her with love, passion and vehemence of his affection by turning on fire in her. She submitted herself to him to complete their divine souls. Evil games tried their best yet he stamped the final seal on their divine relation by  making her his Ardhangini.

[Ardhangini'...Now the literary meaning is "ardh" meaning half & "angingi" means body. The whole word means wife is half the man since soul is one. The other half is man ofcourse! Both man & wife share authorities & responsibililties equally. Divine title indeed, hence even Lord Shiva's one incarnation is in the form of half man & half woman.]

Yes Arnav doesn't do anything right by doing everything right'...'though he doesn't say everything right yet Khushi didn't claim that'...did she? '...

~~~~~~~~~

❀️

The Drool CornerπŸ˜ƒ

A not yet registered but lethal and total trademark of the BFTP thread, created by BarunDiwani. Coming sooon.

Top banner credit Risha_ipkknd

finally got time to read this 
it is minblowing 
so amazing tfshello

it was how i am not saying right 
but you are understanding right 
because what i want to say
you knoww that right 
becoz even not writing 
you understand my heart right
(i know it was too bad)
πŸ˜†
soni19sweet thumbnail

Picture credit: BarunDiwani  

Khushi..., Khushiii..., Khushiii...
(by samin6)

Since Khushi's breakdown in front of Arnav was a point where Arnav called Khushi 23 times inthree seconds I thought it would be a good reminiscene of IPKKND if we remember all the times where we blasters encountered the marathon Khushi calling by Arnav.

1.       In Farmhouse : This was the first time Arnav calls Khushi as only Khushi and not Miss Gupta or Khushi Kumari Gupta. So maybe he himself was trying to come in terms with this

2.       In office after Khushi said she was leaving: He may have called her only three times but in the entire encounter it was evident he wanted to call her name more. After all this was the first time he had premonition of Khushi's proximity.

3.       After janmashtami: When he is in the car with Khushi  and also after he drops her off. He was valiantly searching for her. Then he asks himself,  " Who knows where she has gone." The very next moment he stopped calling her and went to the Gupta house. So the premonitions signified he did not need to hear Khushi back for him to know where Khushi is

4.       Khushi pretending to be sick : There was a trio because miss Khushi Kumari Gupta was in his mind the entire day after Lavanya had asked him to marry her in front of his whole family. He was in his angry avatar to take Khushi to task. However the moment Khushi pretended to be sick his concern and love overcame all feelings.

5.       In Nainital trip :  There after Khushi was not responding to his comments he called her 19 times. It is understandable because he thought he had lost Khushi

6.       After knowing about Shyam : When Khushi bumps into Arnav in a couple of minutes he called her name 13 times. She was just next to him and he had just guessed that she was in the midst of a breakdown. It appeared that he knew his calling her by name could get bring her back to sanity from every breakdown

7.       When Arnav thought Khushi has an accident : He was calling her name because he sincerely thought she was in the ambulance and kept on running after her. He had thought he had lost her the same day she had kissed him, the day after he had kissed her for the first time and two days only after he had voluntarily made Raizada's lose by dancing with Khushi in the sangeet.

8.       After Khushi runs away from Gupta house : He kept on looking for her in the roads of Delhi thinking she was going to make him lose his mind by her actions.

9.       In Khushi's dream after Arnav leaves for England : There Khushi dreams that Arnav was calling her because that was the day Shyam had planned to kill him originally. Khushi also moved around calling his name. It seemed as if they forget every single thing except each other's names even in dreams. It showed the three most significant incidents which had effected them equally :  Khushi's dori, Arnav's mannat ki chabi and Khushi's payal. It seemed all three things had a soothing effect in their anger and pain inflicted by each other.

10.   When they feel each other on both side of the wall after Khushi was kidnapped: The premonition that they were around each other. Saying the three magic words " I love you" had increased their premonition. When they were away it seemed they had missed calling each other. When they were sure Arnav could only say her name with all his pent up emotions and Khushi responded equally.

11.   When Khushi falls from the hilltop during releasing of Arnav from goons : How can anyone of us forget Arnav calling her more then fifty times from the hilltop. It was as if he was making a prayer. Each call was associated with a different emotion attached with his love for Khushi and makes us wonder if we ever had even known there exists on us so many different emotions to exhibit.

12.   When Khushi leaves for Gupta house : It probably would second only to the  number of times he called her from the hilltop. Arnav babua went to Gupta house six times for his lady love. It seemed as if he could not stay without his lady love in Raizada house.

13.   When Arnav goes to bring back Khushi : That was the most painful conversation they had. They were both hurting because of their love for each other. Arnav was using all his weapons on Khushi because she was adamant on leaving him in ten days and he was losing every hope almost hat she would ever return back to him and probably she would not have either if he had not used the trick of telling her that she would inform her parents of the contract marriage.

This may signify that Arnav continued to call Khushi many times when he was afraid he was loosing her to something or when he was afraid, "Tum abhi meri nehi hoon." However when he brought her back from the Gupta house and gave her his thoughtful gifts and together the pearl necklace to show that he cared for her shared her dreams he gave himself to her and she accepted him. Probably after that incident he knew Khushi belonged to him totally and they were going to let their ego come before their love ever again.

The Cub, The Lion and The Scorpion

(by cinthiann1758)

They say God makes couples. 

Devi Maiyya has brought a couple together in preparation for marriage.

It is said that the person you see at midnight on New Year's Eve is the person you will spend your life with.

As hard as these two try not to see each other and how much they believe that they don't want to meet each other, the Divine has other plans.

Akash sneaks in, gets stuck and in come to save the day is Arnav.  He loses his phone in Kushi's room and while reclaiming it, Kushi comes in .  Lights out, 10 seconds before midnight, jalebi in hand, she anxiously yells for her sister to wake up and come celebrate the New Year with her.

Jiji wake up!...

Jiji, hurry!...

Midnight!

She takes a bite of her jalebi, lights go on and she turns to face her Jiji and sees Arnav instead.

AAAGGGHHH!

This couple as much as they avoid each other or want to, just can't stop coming before each other because it is not their will but the Divine which keeps bringing them in front of each other, pushing them together just like the mesmerizing pull that occurs between the two.

Meanwhile another couple, Akash and Payal, have snuck out of the house to spend time with each other on this New Year's while a young cub has knocked on the front door of the Gupta house carrying an arm full of roses.

Akash and Payal are tying the knot.

A competition is about to begin between the bride and groom's families but before it begins it is put to an end by the lion himself.  It seems that a mosquito got in the way.  The young damsel slapped this man silly when she saw a mosquito land on his cheek and although she claimed saving him from a case of malaria, his gussa rose and as he screamed  for her to "GET OUT".  

The cub and the damsel have run down amidst the family and while talking about the sangeet ceremony the lion fiercely comes and destroys everyones dream of a music ceremony.  

There will be none!  

After all he has to have his revenge on 

the Damsel of Pest Control.

The family is upset and must think of someway to change his mind.  Ah, yes the silent treatment, an apology and a little acting on the damsel's part and Di's too, just may work to change the angry lion's mind.

He has agreed.  There will be a Sangeet compettion and Nani has made winning even sweeter with a prize, a trophy.

The two siblings have both vowed to win the music and dance competition.  One more adamant than the other.

Darkness in the form of a brother-in-law and a scorpion are lurking in the background with intent of murder.  Shyam's past efforts have all been spoiled.

Will his plans work or will the scorpion be squashed like a bug under someone's shoe?

The talent of both families is brilliant and the competition fierce. A Desi girl and guy dancing their hearts out as well as a grandmother, a devious Aunt and a drunk one, all very impressive and the competition is within reach for both of them.  Even  the LG has smiled at some of the acts by that crazy Desi girl.

One of the competitors partners will not show and someone will fill in.

A damsel in distress dressed in a beautiful green sari.

Will it be our young cub or the fierce lion who will turn into a Knight in Shining Armor and our Scorpion will he be caught?

Only Devi Maiyya knows.

Let's find out shall we?

lovely 
enjoyed reading it 
hug me
soni19sweet thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sohara

more is coming later.

will wait 
but trailer
is not so drooling
dont know
wha will happen after whole picture
waiting
listing to music 
till then
smiley
soni19sweet thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

TERI MERI PREM KAHANI...

Congratulations Everyone for the Extended Thread .

Indi The top Edits are just breath taking...and Durga awesome lines as usually...

Here are some of my Edits and gifs and some from Tumblr ..enjoy!

di this some are enough to 
attack us 
waiting for episode
till enjoy the breath thread
smiley
soni19sweet thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DurgaS

A friend in need is a friend indeed, so goes the saying. How true is that! These past 6 months in the forum, especially in BFTP, I have had such a wonderful time. From introducing one another, getting to know each other, sharing, joking, pulling each others' legs, even hugging and kissing to confiding our deep feelings, sorrows, fears, in short sharing our ad and its uncertainities. In a short period of time, we have gelled and become quite close. In good times and bad times, we are there wishing, hoping, praying, sending positive thoughts, helping in whichever way it is possible.

When IF was unavailable for a few hours, we freaked out. What if, we couldn't reach out to each other any longer? That was scary, why? Because we had found some who knew the real persons that we are, the person within and loved us irrespective of that. No baggage of age, relation, status, etc. but just us as we really are. So, now we have an alternative route to communicate, the emails.

How unique this bonding is! Most of us don't know each other by the real name, don't recognise the faces or voices nor are in the know of the physical attributes. Yet, we do recognise each other, yes by our IF ids and also the style of writing and then the fonts that some of us regularly stick to, be it Indi's Georgia font, Cynthia's royal blue Comic sans font, Arshi's bold maroon, Wiwy's blue, IssK's famous red, Horizon's blue italics, Kate's purple comic sans font, Supriya's light purple and so on.

On this special day, I want to thank each one of you for being who you are and helping me be what I really am. Thank you, thank you, thank you. While I say that, I recall a famous dialogue, 'Dosti mein ek usool hota hai, no sorry, no thank you' (There is a rule in friendship, no sorry, no thank you). Agreed. But I also believe, if one wants to say something, he/she should let it out. No harm in that. Right, girls?

To my amazing friends and everyone else too, A very Happy Friendship Day and congrats on the new practice thread. 😊 

~~~*~~~

it was so touchy di 
same to you 
happy friendship day
smiley