Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

vasamv

Goldie

vasamv

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 12:04pm | IP Logged

Whether divorces are increasing in India or whether there are muliple marriages is a different issue.The issue here is what the shows are portraying.Is there not any social obligation to promote real cultural values? Bigamy is a legal offence and here we see bigamies galore or trigamies if you put it that way.

As for the impact on the viewers violence and sex on screen do have a bad influence on younger generation.But depeiction of dysfunctional marriages wont have that much effect.

A related issue is how they dehumanise a woman.Are Indian women vamps, flirts,uncaring, unscrupulous? They are pesenting a false picture of womanhood.In fact some women NGOs have even protested against this but any thing goes under the name of free speech and freedom of writing.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV Serials and Marriage (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nisha2005

nisha2005

Posted: 26 May 2005 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

I AM AGREE WITH U GUYS

EKTA NEEDS TO TAKE  SOME INDIAN MARRIAGE AND LOVE CLASS BEFORE MAKE ANY MORE EPISODE OF KKUSUM AND OTHER DRAMA

PLEASE EKTA STOP MESSING WITH MARRIAGE.

smilingstar3

IF-Dazzler

smilingstar3

Posted: 26 May 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

I think that there are other ways that tv show producers can get our attention. the twist doesn't always have to involve marriages and divorces. there can be other twists. it gets tiring to see the same character getting married to one person to another.

it gets tiring to see them cry. it gets tiring to see them sign the divorce paper. i think that it is ruining the meaning of marriage and love and bondage. It doesn't matter if it's on television. Television can effect anyone. Many people think that it's a bad thing to make marriage a joke. They should show how marriage and love truely is. Yes there are problems in love and marriage or anything but who said life is perfect? but it isnt that bad that they can't go back and fix it.

So I think they should cut down on the penta-marriages and start something new that is entertaining and enjoyable and that actaully has a true moral lesson to it.

nish_k

nish_k

Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

I think that only education and proper upbringing is the solution.  To a certain extent, one has to realize that this is only entertainment and should not be confused with real life.

On TV, divorce is a 1,2,3 process, but in reality if someone was smart enough to understand this, the process is far more complicated than that.

I think the more appropriate question here is "why do directors take the Indian audiance to be so stupid"?  and further more "why are we as an audiance so attracted to this stupidity"?  People still watch Kusum and this show makes no sense...there is not purpose of this show except for suffering....."why do we enjoy all this heart breaking drama", why do we gain by all these shows?"

Thanks

I agree with you peaches. if people won't watch k krap..im sure divorce rate will also decrease LOLLOL

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 27 May 2005 at 8:12am | IP Logged
yeah they protray 2dayz generation so wrong as i know we wouldnt do this as in n e religion marriage is no game or fun but it is a lifetime commitment 2 ur partner n wheather it is done in front of a a molvi, pandit, vicar it still applys as allah/god/baghban in any roop or form u call him he is the witness of this commitment n on the day u die he will ask u how have u performed ur lifetime commitment so i dont think they should show it as a joke as some people r influenced by the thingz round them from n early age so if a kid of 5 w@ ches this he/she will think it is ok 2 c marriage as a joke

saroj

saroj

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Serials are based on fantasy...marriages are depicted as a part of a plot or twist in the story.Why should people get affected by seeing so many marriages in tv serials?Tv serials these days are far removed from reality,we have to be intelligent enough to divorce fiction from reality.

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:50am | IP Logged
YEP!ONLY KUMKUM HAS RETAINED STANDARD IN THE MARRIAGE ISSUE!Cry(SOOOOOOO SAD)Cry once even in kumkum they sumit n kumkum were close to give divorce but thank goodness they ended up okay!

Edited by lakshmi ram - 28 May 2005 at 3:53am

dracomalfoy

Groupbie

dracomalfoy

Posted: 30 May 2005 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
i haven't read anyones post yet
i just read the debate topic and i am posting my views.

marriage is held sacerd everywhere.
in India it justs works out better than rest of the world.
what is wrong in showing that marriage can be used as a tool of revenge
the present generation whould not be influenced by pure fiction and fantasy
if in kkusum or anyother serial for that matter "marriage" is made fun of then we as real people watching fiction TV should realise that it is not true but make belief.

our present generation should know the difference b/w real and reel life
that marriage in real life is sacred

we should know and not let TV or anything else influence our beliefs.

i personally don't have a pblm with divorce.
i think if it doesn't work out then htey should split and force themmselves to live with each other for the sake of anybody else

divorce is a choice which is the couples and no one elses business.

thank you
i did not want to offened anyone if i did so then i am very
SORRY

Post Reply New Post

Go to top